Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News ICY: Frostbite Edition now on Steam Greenlight

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Icy; Inner Void Interactive

The latest game to join the last minute Steam Greenlight parade is Inner Void Interactive's ICY: Frostbite Edition. The original ICY was a post-apocalyptic RPG set in a new Ice Age that was released back in 2015. It was a humble little game that didn't make much of an impression, although we did find the time to review it. The developers felt so bad about their beginner's effort that they decided to remake it from scratch. And now they're apparently required to go through Greenlight again to release a new version of a game that's already on Steam. This is even dumber than what happened with Alvora Tactics. Here's the Greenlight trailer and a description:

ICY: Frostbite Edition is the remastered edition of ICY, a narrative-driven post-apocalyptic survival RPG set in a new Ice Age. Create your own character, using a detailed stat system that influences your abilities, then begin your journey of survival across a frozen world, now with completely overhauled and improved gameplay.

A COMPLETELY REMASTERED EXPERIENCE

After nearly two years since the original release of ICY, Inner Void Interactive and Digital Tribe Games are proud to release ICY: Frostbite Edition, a completely remastered edition of the game. We worked to improve every lacking feature of the original ICY, recreating the game from scratch in Unity 5.

Thanks to the exhaustive feedback received from our community and the experience we gained from the original game, we have improved ICY’s formula in many different ways to let it offer a real survival RPG experience in a cold post-apocalyptic world.
  • A new combat system was developed: deeper, more exciting and more challenging than the original one.
  • The survival experience was overhauled in order to offer more variety.
  • A crafting system was introduced, allowing the player to create new items.
  • The original plot was improved and new quests and characters have been added to create a longer and more satisfying experience.
  • The UI was completely reworked to be clearer and better looking.

ICY: Frostbite Edition is almost complete and should come out shortly after it's greenlit. Vote for it - leave no RPG behind.

aratuk

Cipher
Hmm, will it be a separate purchase from the original version? That would explain why it has to go through greenlight again.

Regardless, I liked it, so I voted yes.

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
That would explain why it has to go through greenlight again.
No it doesn't, a developer needs only 1 greenlit game to skip the whole process for his next games.

Not true, a lot of developers need multiple greenlights before they are approved by valve to publish anything they want or get a deal as publishers.

Only successful games on sales open the door for the developer to publish anything without filter.

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
Hmm, will it be a separate purchase from the original version? That would explain why it has to go through greenlight again.

Regardless, I liked it, so I voted yes.
Yup, it will be separate to get some more visibility. Also it is more like a remake than a remastered, we pretty much changed and improved everything. We actually reprogrammed the whole game.

OwNathan how is the Greenlight campaign going? I've upvoted and am sharing the link.

Also for my fellow DRM-haters, here's the old GOG wishlist entry I submitted back during the Indiegogo. I hope GOG agrees to sell the FB edition.
It is going slowly after the initial exposure. But we can still do things, luckily it's not like a crowdfunding campaign.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It is going slowly after the initial exposure. But we can still do things, luckily it's not like a crowdfunding campaign.

It kind of is if Valve shut down Greenlight next month. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom