Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Online private server (Return of Reckoning)

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I going to try and download it today.

I do not know what class I want to try first. They all look interesting.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
I might try to play with you guys as well in a few days, but never played this game before. Undecided about class

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Okay you guys will need to decide on a faction. Order or Destruction. Ed has the patience to play two characters, I don't lol.

A horse of course

Average day in ORvR
VYGoFZ0.jpg

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
elves a shit
But Elves have some of the most interesting class mechanics. Swordmaster = Blorc combos. Archmage = Shaman balancing between damage and healing (I played a Zealot before, it wasn't fun so I doubt the . White Lion is okay. And I have no idea if stance dancing is involved with Shadow Warriors.

Kinda like how I find Orcs have more fun classes than the other Destro. Dark Elves are so underpowered lol, the Disciple doesn't compared to the WP, the Witch Elf is from what I heard even harder to survive in RvR, the Sorc.. well... clearly classed by the Bright Wizards.

You know, I never figured out why it was so hard to balance BW with Sorcerers. They're the most mirror of classes.

Edit: But Archmages are pretty faggy looking. White Lions are okay because they're like Leeroy Jenkins.

Last edited:

A horse of course

elves have absolutely no purpose beyond being cocksleeves

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
elves have absolutely no purpose beyond being cocksleeves
Yeah but other Order race classes are mostly borin.* Besides maybe Ironbreaker. Warrior Priest is like micromanagement from hell.

Witch Hunter doesn't count because you're dead before u get bored.

*That's why I played Destro way back then. Mah two guys were a Squig Herder and a Shaman.

A horse of course

aight it's da weekend

imma play the vermintide DLC for a couple of hours and then log

I'm Greefer on destro and Anovia on Order, so feel free to add me

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Well i don't know anything about any of the classes i do want to play a spellcaster, not sure what faction yet.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
My download is at 70%. I have to go to work briefly to finish off a few items, but I will likely get a chance to play today.

What are the healing classes like?

A horse of course

1kahWT7.jpg

I think this is the first time I've had a 1v1 duel with another player in the entire time I've played WAR. Two tanks krumping each other in the face for three minutes over an utterly pointless battlefield objective in an area over which absolutely noone was fighting. But it felt pretty good all the same. I like to think this old dwarf's failure led him to shave his beard and take the slayer oath :smug:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Well i don't know anything about any of the classes i do want to play a spellcaster, not sure what faction yet.
My download is at 70%. I have to go to work briefly to finish off a few items, but I will likely get a chance to play today.

What are the healing classes like?
Don't worry about faction. The classes are for the most part mirrors for each faction: role-wise and mechanics-wise with exceptions. (Andexcluding balance)

So

Tanks:
Swordmaster = Black Guard => "Combo" mechanic (opening attack, middle attack, finisher)
Knight of the Burning Sun = Chosen => Uses auras.
Ironbreakers = Black Guards => "Grudge"/"Hate" system, like WoW's Warrior's "Rage." Both classes gain on their Grudge or meters when they are hit. However, Ironbreakers also gain Grudge if someone hurts their defensive target (you can target and "Guard" a friendly player). On the other hand, Black Guards are more simple and gain "Hate" by attacking.

Melee Deeps:
Witch Hunter = Witch Elf => Can stealth but it only lasts something like 20 seconds, has no survivability, but can assassinate the crap out of almost anything non-tanky.
White Lions = Marauders => "Medium" infantry in role, mechanics don't really mirror though. White Lions use a pet (mirroring the Squig Herder) and Marauders have multiple stances (mirroring the Shadow Warrior).
Slayers = Choppa => Build up angerness (Berserk/Frenzy), then either you go super berserk which makes you kamikaze, or you can keep it "under control" and be "regular" melee guy.

Healers (or Support):
Warrior Priests = Disciples of Khaine => Well armored melee hybrids that build up healing energy by smacking people, which then lets you heal.
Rune Priests = Zealots => Healers/buffers/debuffers/dps support.
Archmages = Shamans => Mechanic that makes causing damage increase their healing power and vice versa. However can use talent trees to focus on healing, deeps, or hybrid mechanic.

Ranged Deeps:
Shadow Warriors = Squig Herders => Skirmisher archer role. Mobile and survivable. However, as above, mechanics differences.
Engineer = Magus => Turrety classes. Good damage, good survivability, but not very mobile.
Bright Wizards = Sorcerers => Glass cannon major deeps.

In other words just pick a faction so I can make my damn character.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
1kahWT7.jpg

I think this is the first time I've had a 1v1 duel with another player in the entire time I've played WAR. Two tanks krumping each other in the face for three minutes over an utterly pointless battlefield objective in an area over which absolutely noone was fighting. But it felt pretty good all the same. I like to think this old dwarf's failure led him to shave his beard and take the slayer oath :smug:
The Ironbreaker had no one to build Grudge from. Sucks to realize it took you 3 minutes to beat a cripple.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom