Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Thief game is in the works, tied with a movie adaptation (Fake News)

decaf

Learned
:prosper:

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
After Thi4f, I bet they're gonna call this new one Thieve5. You heard it here first bros.

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
but there are only 2 thief games, their silly little cousin (T3) and some sets of wonderful mods
FTFY
Nah, it's actually decent.
Out of three - IMO - biggest issues with the game, most crippling one (missions being divided with loading zones) was fixed by modders. Other two, clunky-ass movement and tedious hub, are worth dealing with.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
but there are only 2 thief games, their silly little cousin (T3) and some sets of wonderful mods
FTFY
Nah, it's actually decent.
Out of three - IMO - biggest issues with the game, most crippling one (missions being divided with loading zones) was fixed by modders. Other two, clunky-ass movement and tedious hub, are worth dealing with.
No need to convince me, I love T3 almost as much as the first two, I was just being a little trollish calling it a silly little cousin. T3 is part of the family, and it is a true Thief game, it just has some shortcoming as you mentioned.

RatTower

Arcane
Developer
I read about this yesterday.
Was hoping someone just made it all up.

I wanna say, let's see what they come up with first... but yeah...

:negative:

Jarmaro

Liturgist
I wonder what people behind development thought when they decided to make another thief. Let's be honest, did it have ANY good thing inside?
Literally every possible part of the game sucked. Every.
Sneaking, AI, stealing, story, level design, city traveling, technicals, long pointless animations, scripted events.
Thief didn't have a single element to give people fun, it was a massive dissapointment and catastrophe.
There's no point in making continuation.
Unless it's a total reboot.
Another one.
:hmmm:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This doesn't really make a lot of sense, does it?

Maybe they lied and told the Hollywood people that they "were working on a Thief game" as an incentive to do the movie (because it would give the movie more publicity).

Neanderthal

Arcane
At this point its not rape, its fuckin necrophilia.

Prepare for nostalgia goggles, new audience, innovations, modern tech an even though we love Thief we need to improve on the flaws of the originals.

inb4: Featuring The Rock as Garrett

THI5F
Starring The Rock

RpB85j7.png

"Hey Basso you know tailoring? This sneaking getup I was given is too small and they don't show off my guns"

"Hey Basso while I'm sleeping in your guest room and with your wife, can you get me a new set of lockpicks, they keep breaking under my large fingers."

"The large amounts of time i've spent climbing my own arrows have given me these muscles.............. Well I dunno how they hold me up either Basso."

"They call me a master thief because i'm an expert at breaking and entering.............. mostly the former."

thesoup

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom