Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix NieR: Automata from Yoko Taro and Platinum Games

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The dlc cost the same as expedition vikings deluxe edition lol.

For an arena and costumes i dont think thats worth it

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I was thinking the same, but the steam reviews and forum scares me off.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I was thinking the same, but the steam reviews and forum scares me off.
After hearing Jasede talk about it in shoutbox I feel like I have to play this game. Not yet if it's buggy, though. Plus I guess I should be waiting for a sale anyway.

It's a bit cheaper on greenmangaming, at least for me. On Steam it is 60 euro and greenmangaming it is 38 euro. Main problem is the technical issues, since you can't get a refund if you buy outside Steam. Game otherwise looks fantastic.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
I had very few technical issues. I think it froze one time, and the fullscreen bug was a little annoying until I got the fan patch.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
As stated earlier, I experienced one (or two, cannot remember) crashes to Desktop, but that was before using the fan patch which increased my framerate. This patch is easy to use and well-explained.
The only bugs I experienced were two NPCs disappearing from the map (finding the robot sister and speed star) which were fixed by a simple reload with no negative consequences.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
And still no patch.
I was thinking about picking this up ... are there technical issues?

There are various graphics issues (which are mostly solved by the already mentioned FAR: https://github.com/Kaldaien/FAR/releases). There are also random crashes which affect a variety of hardware configurations, not just AMD cards. The Steam forum has an enormous thread about it. This is going on since release and they haven't done anything to respond so far.

The game itself is great though.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Finally completed the game. Fucking great final boss.

I like how you actually do have the option of leaving a rude message behind after beating the game, but 100% of the ones I saw were cheering me on.

willdunz

Literate
Both P5 and Nier are great games. This year is pretty good so far for JRPGs.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fucking exploding tinheads really got on my nerves. Become as gods my ass. Fuck those guys.:argh:
the sploding bots is a reference of that headless bomber from serious sam i think.

they both go charge on you and screamed aaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *BOOOOOM*

YOU ARE DEAD

Villagkouras

Arcane
Oh my God you don't even know what's still coming, but if you like the first playthrough this much already (I didn't, until the end) I think you'll feel like I do: that after seeing all the endings, there's no real need to play another game again. Pack it up, boys, we reached the pinnacle; why even bother playing anything else ever again?

Keep us updated, please, blog-style!

Sorry, I cannot play consistently and my english is not good enough to describe properly what this game deserves. Currently I'm in third playthrough and I am having a blast. I did 60% of the side quests, though I was locked out of some, sadly.

What can I say about this game? I had years to feel so emotionally about a game. This is how you make gamers care for your content, writers and devs.

I'm anxious to see the game going towards the end and excited at the same time.

Urbanolo

Augur
Played the tutorial/prologue, so far I rate the game around 2 - 3/10, as in pretty fucking bad. I hope it gets better and won't drip with weaboo shit too much. Also surprisingly game works pretty fine with a stable framerate on my laptop (I have the "demo" version with FAR mod).

80Maxwell08

Arcane
So I'm trying to grind to 99 so I can fight the hidden boss and the DLC challenge maps and because they patched the previous way of grinding fast I've set the game to easy, put all the auto chips and exp bonus chips on, went to the area where the machines infinitely respond, and have put the controller down while watching stuff on youtube. I wish I knew why they patched the previous method in the first place because you already had to experiment to find it. Well I've gained 16 levels in less than an hour so whatever I guess.
EDIT: Well another hour after that and I'm 99. I'm genuinely unsure if the other way was even faster at this point. I went from 66 to 99 by literally putting the controller down and doing something else for 2 hours.

Last edited:

hajro

Arbiter
If i told u that justin bieber makes good music, is that
a) a triggering opinion
b) a bad opinion
c) a retarded opinion
Of course its fuckign d) all of the above just like your opinion.

Urbanolo

Augur
D_X I admit I haven't gone too far yet, but since I'm allergic to japanese crap, it's hard to stomach both weaboo setting and terrible bullet - hell gameplay. Fortunately I haven't spend a dime on the game or I would be salty as hell.

Gerrard

Arcane
The game's hugely overrated.

It provided some delicious modder drama though.
https://www.reddit.com/r/CrackWatch...acy_measures_to_nierautomara/?sort=confidence

This is nothing new

This modder is infamous for his other trick in his mods. Basically he has a "blacklist" he keeps in his mods. If he gets in a fight with a person because that said person disagrees with him about something, he will put that persons Steam ID into his "blacklist" thats inside his code in the mod. If the said person tries to use his mod, the game will simply refuse to run and will crash on startup. He even admits this, go google it.

Long story short, dont trust this asshole. Straight up Denuvo shill and a butthurt idiot who cant accept opinion thats different than his. Dont download his mods, even if you are a legit user.
:nocountryforshitposters:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom