Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

Fuck man, the last Falcom game I had played was Xanadu Next and that was pretty quick to get to the action.

I've started this and... it's so very slow. And the wapanese factor is through the roof. :stunned:

flyingjohn

Arcane
Because this isn't xanadu or ys?
Legend of heroes series = Typical jrpg series with amazing focus on the actual world in terms of fleshing out the npc's and turn based combat where you can actually move.
So yes.it will be slow,both in terms of pacing and animations.
The wapanese factor is certainty not worse then let's say the persona series.(minus the incest bullshit)
Hell i actually prefer the way characters work in here compared to persona.
In persona and other jrpg's most of the party and characters are there just for you,and treat you like a god,here they are doing their own thing and you are more like a handyman then their entire reason to exist.

Fair enough, is it possible to enjoy this third game without having played the other two? I played a little bit of the first one years ago but it didn't keep me interested for very long.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
The first game starts very slow but it picks up eventually. Many people say that it feels like nothing happens (nothing big anyway) during the first two chapters but it changes later.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Fair enough, is it possible to enjoy this third game without having played the other two? I played a little bit of the first one years ago but it didn't keep me interested for very long.
Don't see the point,considering the entire point of the third game is to get more information on events and characters not fleshed out during the first two games.
Plus many plot elements will not make sense since they will be referencing the previous games.
But if you are in it just for the game play,then i guess you could considering the battles are more challenging and the games is focused on one central location where you initiate battles.
But if you didn't like the original combat then there is no point.

Alright, restarted the first game but on the last difficulty setting - seems a lot harder than I remember.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I played over 20 hours of this on the weekend. I basically droppes everything i am doing and just play.

My butt is sore sittin almost without a break (like pooping, peeing and cooking. I brought food to the computer so i can play and eat at the same time) and i feel like having carpal tunnel syndrome too.

I dunno why i love the series and pretty much obsessed over these games more than other. I think there are better games sure, but i just freaking want it. Want more. MORE MORE MORE MOOOOORE

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Man I should be finishing the series. That soundtrack is pretty good. I am currently playing the PSP original trilogy but I can't seem to finish them

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
what's with Shera and excessive alcohol consumption
the woman's my spirit animal
a minor spoiler, but i love schera too :love:

KCaaHtzWLx.jpg

Cnt1EsvtWG.jpg

ug57EaW9Zy.jpg

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Finally beat the game :salute:

The last arena match was pretty intense.

You fight against Loewe and Cassius Bright at the same time :shredder:

TigerKnee

Arcane
Agate only has two years left to go before he can finally get Chris Hansen off his back.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom