Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Oblivion or Skyrim?

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Sorry, she lost me after "consoles".
Who the hell plays Oblivion, which is the game in video gaming history in most need of mods to be playable, on a bloody console?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Who the hell plays Oblivion, which is the game in video gaming history in most need of mods to be playable, on a bloody console?

Playing Oblivion on a console is the way it was meant to be played, the ultimate autism hellish madness

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Another day, another plant/alt/newbie starting thread about Oblivion. Like a fart in the wind - it comes around years after it happen...

Sorry, she lost me after "consoles".
Comfy couch* with one controler with only few buttons. Plus computer=work mentality.
There are surely better RPGs (mostly action TPP slashers or jRPG but still - better) for these machines yet this abomination was perfectly designed (or not at all - they just mashed stupid ideas together and unleashed marketing hounds) features that fit well into limited console peasants minds.

*I saw console peasants numerous time and NONE of them sit on couch in comfortable or ergonomic way. None. Meanwhile - everyone laugh at PC players for this thing. Ironic.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I never understood the "comfy couch" argument myself.
I use a comfy chair with head rest for gaming, with the mouse on the armrest and the keyboard on my lap. I never get a stiff neck or back, or "mouse hand", which I quickly do if using a traditional office set-up.

Last edited:

BBMorti

Arcane
'Comfy couch' is a sugar coated term for more comfortable place to rest a fat ass.

Todd_the_Liar

Novice
Oblivion, unless you're like some retards on this forum who finds mod installation too hard.

RatTower

Arcane
Developer
Just considering the basic vanilla games I'd probably have to say Skyrim. No matter if it's the least complex TES game.
With Oblivion I just fell asleep way too often. I probably should give it another chance though. Still got the Shivering Isles Expansion lying around somewhere.

Or I could save the effort and just replay Morrowind: Tribunal.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Having just played through both again for the x23582340952752526358 time, I can tell you objectively that it doesn't fucking matter. If you like Oblivion more than Skyrim you likely played Oblivion first. I'm playing Morrowind now and it's easily the better of them both, if we're judging based on "No mods".

One thing that I think makes Oblivion worse than all the other Elder Scrolls games, if you're playing unmodded, is the leveling problem. It's just too newbie unfriendly. No one wants to have to write down all their skill ups on a notepad while playing the game, it's tedious af. Throw a ALWAYS +5 modifier mod on Oblivion and it instantly becomes a lot better, or an overhaul mod but I'm not a fan of full overhauls.

Skyrim has shit writing, shit guilds, shit characters, bland story, and a stat system created by a retard who loves Diablo 2. Not to mention a YOU'RE FUCKING JESUS CHRIST plot which is totally role play unfriendly. At least I could tell people I wasn't the shit in Oblivion, whereas in Skyrim I AM THE FUCKING DRAGONBORN HUHU WHAT NOW.

I'm drunk so yeah fuck you OP

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
BVZQTd3.jpg

Sentinel

Arcane
Both are pretty fucking terrible. They removed Morrowind's fun spell system and amazing setting. They were left with the remainder of Morrowind, which was also shit. From that came Shit: LOTR edition, and Shit: Vikings edition.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Maybe because of how crappy Oblivion and FO3 were I didn't mind Skyrim (modded to hell of course). Sill have not finished it though. But man oh man once SKSE64 is released I'm going to mod up that shit for 3 days then play for one.

Tom Selleck

Arcane
SHITPOST, PART I

AIDS or Lou Gehrig's Disease?

SHITPOST, PART II

Also I'd fuck this bitch*

SHITPOST, ASTERISK

*if she's of age and consenting

ore clover

Learned
Ill do it now.

Race, class and birthsign please.
1M9fmo1WAFVK0.gif

If you're serious, and don't mind suggestions from other posters, give this a whirl:
Nord (whichever gender), agent, and tower.

If you can make that work, then I salute thee. :salute:

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom