Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls VI Speculation

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
I don't see why they wouldn't do Hammerfell for the next game. You got black people AND Arabs all in one (((diverse))) package. Its different enough from the generic medieval setting with its middle-eastern/Egyptian theme while still being familiar enough to most people (i.e. not filled with fag elves and furries). They could continue the whole Thalmor sub-plot. I wouldn't mind it personally, I would like a desert-fantasy Mediterranean kinda setting, you don't see that too often I don't think.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Spoken like an oriental. Are you an oriental Drog? Or just a weeaboo very angry about western interpretation of your anime?
I'm a Sinology (chink studies for you unwashed masses) major, spent about 6 years in China in total.

I don't care much for anime.

Every culture in TES is a mishmash of cool parts of real world cultures, no point in getting upset because people want to see lizard samurais fighing fox ninja spirits instead of an history class. Imagine if I got my jimmies rustled every time a fighting game makes the brazilian character a monster or a capoeira fighter. Or a monster that knows capoeira.

rila-breakers-dash.gif
blanka-walkback.gif

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, Japanese and Chinese culture is not the same, why are you being a retard and just proving my point that the white man doesn't give a fuck about where certain cultural bits come from, it's all Asian or "Oriental" to you retards.

Like Japs give a shit when they mangle western culture in their anime. Fuck off with your bullshit.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't see why they wouldn't do Hammerfell for the next game. You got black people AND Arabs all in one (((diverse))) package. Its different enough from the generic medieval setting with its middle-eastern/Egyptian theme while still being familiar enough to most people (i.e. not filled with fag elves and furries). They could continue the whole Thalmor sub-plot. I wouldn't mind it personally, I would like a desert-fantasy Mediterranean kinda setting, you don't see that too often I don't think.

I'd love a hammerfell setting and was hoping tes 5 was it. unfortunately it's the CURRENT YEAR and I can't imagine bethesshit not ruining it.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'd love a hammerfell setting and was hoping tes 5 was it. unfortunately it's the CURRENT YEAR and I can't imagine bethesshit not ruining it.
They'd probably make it Elder Scrolls: San Andreas, but shit.

Sturmgewehr44

Novice
A modern visit to Hammerfell would be excellent, the only thing holding it back is the trash modern combat system; I almost want a hybrid of Morrowind and Mount and Blade combat for all future TES games, it would be a godsend.

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
I don't see why they wouldn't do Hammerfell for the next game. You got black people AND Arabs all in one (((diverse))) package.
You can say whatever you want about modern Bethesda, but at least (as far as I know) they're not pandering to the SJW crowd, they just make games for dudebros. They even included nord nationalists in Skyrim as a real faction istead of just a bunch of evil punching bags.

I also doubt they will use Hammerfell, I think sooner or later Beth will make a Summerset Isles game trying to please Morrowind fans, and the time could be now.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This thread is popping to the top of this forum with alarming frequency.

Wouldn't Akavir be just like Jade Empire? And by that I mean some ching chong ling long white man's version of Asia Land.

Jade Empire was incredibly cringy if you knew anything about Chinese culture. And I'm not even talking about mangled names, but stuff like fox spirits who are supposed to be evil (and a metaphor for women's manipulation) somehow turning into angels in fursuits.

Fuck you, I will commit sudoku if they do this.

:hmmm:

It is unclear at which point in time Koreans began viewing the kumiho as a purely evil creature, since many ancient texts of the Chinese mention the benevolent kumiho assisting humans (and even make mentions of wicked humans tricking kind but naïve kumiho)

Fox spirits have never been consistently evil in Asian culture and in fact I'm not sure if any animal is completely evil in Chinese culture.

I mean, there are good guy snakes in Chinese folk tales, like the green snake vs. the white snake.

But yeah, Jade Empire wasn't much more like Ancient China's mythical past than God of War is like Ancient Greece's mythical past. But D&D is nothing like 14th century Europe, and not even an incline novel like The Once and Future King is like Arthurian romance.

Last edited:

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
This thread is popping to the top of this forum with alarming frequency.
The truth about Bethesda is that, even after shit like Oblivion, Skyrim and the Fallout sequels, unfortunately they're still the only ones capable of scratching the Morrowind itch (they have no clue on how to make a proper Fallout game, though). They're just unwilling since popamole is way more profitable, but there is a slim hope.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
I don't think it's unrealistic to assume that VI will focus on the High Elves and the plot will revolve around the Thalmor (maybe trying to gain control of the Numidium- again!). They teased it so much in Skyrim and never actually gave that plot thread a proper close. For this reason I think it will take place in Sommerset Isles (but really any other province could work). Akavir is too much work for Bethesda, since they'd need to actually flush it out with lore and whatnot. It would be cool if they gave us the choice of working with or working against the Thalmor, but knowing Bethesda the main quest will probably be extremely linear with very little option for deviation. In C0DA, iirc the Thalmor were partially responsible for the events that ended life on Nirn, forcing the inhabitants to move to Mundus. I recall Kirkbride saying that the Aldmeri Dominion is a major player in the end of times and in one interview he says they are actually successful in their goals. Whether or not they go with this now is up for debate.

It's not uncommon for Bethesda to foreshadow their next game either blantantly or subtely. Oblivion was foreshadowed heavily in Morrowind.

Q9L1c8f.jpg

And Skyrim was foreshadowed in Oblivion:

JnJKgi7.jpg

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I don't think it's unrealistic to assume that VI will focus on the High Elves and the plot will revolve around the Thalmor (maybe trying to gain control of the Numidium- again!). They teased it so much in Skyrim and never actually gave that plot thread a proper close. For this reason I think it will take place in Sommerset Isles (but really any other province could work). Akavir is too much work for Bethesda, since they'd need to actually flush it out with lore and whatnot. It would be cool if they gave us the choice of working with or working against the Thalmor, but knowing Bethesda the main quest will probably be extremely linear with very little option for deviation. In C0DA, iirc the Thalmor were partially responsible for the events that ended life on Nirn, forcing the inhabitants to move to Mundus. I recall Kirkbride saying that the Aldmeri Dominion is a major player in the end of times and in one interview he says they are actually successful in their goals. Whether or not they go with this now is up for debate.

It's not uncommon for Bethesda to foreshadow their next game either blantantly or subtely. Oblivion was foreshadowed heavily in Morrowind.

Q9L1c8f.jpg

And Skyrim was foreshadowed in Oblivion:

JnJKgi7.jpg

I'm kind of scared of how indepth your knowledge is of Bethesda games and Elder Scrolls lore

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Well, the lore is one of the strongest aspects of the series. That doesn't make you a "bethestard" or whatever.

If they would spend as much time on technical aspects as much as on lore and world building and rpg systems it would be a 10/10 series.

Daggerfall was near perfect, lore, world, rpg mechanics. It lacked only the hand placed content.

ES 6 might be the best one if they would rectify it, but that would mean bringing back the Daggerfall mechanics.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Well, the lore is one of the strongest aspects of the series. That doesn't make you a "bethestard" or whatever.

If they would spend as much time on technical aspects as much as on lore and world building and rpg systems it would be a 10/10 series.

Daggerfall was near perfect, lore, world, rpg mechanics. It lacked only the hand placed content.

ES 6 might be the best one if they would rectify it, but that would mean bringing back the Daggerfall mechanics.

Yes, I agree with this. And yes, I am a Bethestard. And proud. But that's besides the point. Well actually, ES is the only Bethesda series I like, so Idk actually.

People say that Oblivion started the decline, but I think the real decline started with Morrowind and the stripping away of the Daggerfall elements of "endless play". I like all the games (for many different reasons), but adding something like this and making it seem more natural and less monotonous than Daggerfall would be a great step forward for the series imo, which is ironic considering it would be a throwback to an old mechanic so technically I guess that makes it a step back. Hm.

Zenith

Arbiter
I recall Kirkbride saying that the Aldmeri Dominion is a major player in the end of times and in one interview he says they are actually successful in their goals. Whether or not they go with this now is up for debate.
Man, are you for real? :lol: Of course they aren't going to do Kirkbride's Thalmor, and Kirkbride himself burned that bridge pre-TESO already. It's Bethesda, they're literally incapable of a single interesting thought.

[edit]:
ruTiTlB.png

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
I recall Kirkbride saying that the Aldmeri Dominion is a major player in the end of times and in one interview he says they are actually successful in their goals. Whether or not they go with this now is up for debate.
Man, are you for real? :lol: Of course they aren't going to do Kirkbride's Thalmor, and Kirkbride himself burned that bridge pre-TESO already. It's Bethesda, they're literally incapable of a single interesting thought.

[edit]:
ruTiTlB.png

You're not wrong.

I've never played ESO though, and I never plan to.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom