Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Althorion

Learned
Well, not really brutal: at most I’ve lost two guys on a contract that payed well enough to hire two more. So I’ve lost quite a lot of experience, but nothing unrecoverable.

I don’t know, I must be getting really lucky, since early game seemed harder to me—without proper armour you could quite easily be killed in one blow and you didn’t have enough tools to fight some enemies without losses. Plus, I get a lot of caravan missions, on which I’m rarely attacked.

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
A minority-white, multicultural hellscape
Well, not really brutal: at most I’ve lost two guys on a contract that payed well enough to hire two more. So I’ve lost quite a lot of experience, but nothing unrecoverable.

I don’t know, I must be getting really lucky, since early game seemed harder to me—without proper armour you could quite easily be killed in one blow and you didn’t have enough tools to fight some enemies without losses. Plus, I get a lot of caravan missions, on which I’m rarely attacked.

That is pretty lucky. General rule of thumb is to not do caravan missions.

Parabalus

Arcane

Your progression kinda mirrors my own, I'd stop this run and start on Expert. Veteran kinda falls apart at mid-game.

Reinhardt

Arcane
First time i've seen this event. Looks like mercenary fingers diet is very good for doggy.

1213ko4.jpg

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
could be a favourable map seed. I found a location in my current play-though that has as trading hub, amber mine and lumber mill all within 1/4 day of each other. I could scum that and make piles of money.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
General rule of thumb is to not do caravan missions.
Why not? Too little reward, too great risk?

Pretty much. Difficulty wary from going to shop to buy cigarette to march or die.
As the caravan never stops and can and will bypass cities where you can resupply you sometimes can fight few battles in row as even if its not spawn party to ambush you it will attract all enemy raiding parties that normally attack caravans.
So you can be put in situation where all your guys are wounded, armor destroyed, weapon damaged and you have no tools and there is 3 enemy parties incoming and half way to designated target.
Very fun try it.

Parabalus

Arcane
Another major gripe I found is recruitment being impossible when you have a 20/20 roster. I have cash to spare and would gladly spend 30k+ for a marginal improvement in a bro, but I'd have to preemptively dismiss someone and spend 5 minutes clicking through hire, check stats, dismiss new recruits one by one.

Pretty much. Difficulty wary from going to shop to buy cigarette to march or die.
As the caravan never stops and can and will bypass cities where you can resupply you sometimes can fight few battles in row as even its not spawn party to ambush you it attracts all enemy raiding parties that normally attack caravans.
So you can be put in situation where all your guys are wounded, armor destroyed, weapon damaged and you have no tools and there is 3 enemy parties incoming and half way to designated target.
Very fun try it.

Can't you always easily retreat from caravan missions by running to the edge of the screen? Had that happen a few times and brigands focus on killing donkeys while I just peace out.

Modron

Arcane
When your band is sufficiently beefy later in game those raiders spawned with the purpose of ambushing you will flee at the sight of the combined forces of your bros and caravan cohorts. That being said, I generally only take caravans if they are ending up in a city with 2 or more of weaponsmith, armorsmith, and fletcher because that well supplied bonus populating even more shop inventory can yield some named items.

vazha

Arcane
can anybody help me out? Itz driving me insane for two days now. The tavern folk in Ernsfeste and Lanzenfeste tell me of this awesome armor that some guy i wearing in this hidden raider camp on the hills east of them. I've searched far and wide, but dont seem to find it. Does hidden mean I should click some specific pixel or what? I'm familiar with named item rumors and found a bunch already, but this time I dont seem to locate it. Care to give it a try?
here is a savegame of mine, please please please help me I want to find it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rwswh0u4d1akbzn/iron lungs.sav?dl=0

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
can anybody help me out? Itz driving me insane for two days now. The tavern folk in Ernsfeste and Lanzenfeste tell me of this awesome armor that some guy i wearing in this hidden raider camp on the hills east of them. I've searched far and wide, but dont seem to find it. Does hidden mean I should click some specific pixel or what? I'm familiar with named item rumors and found a bunch already, but this time I dont seem to locate it. Care to give it a try?

Maybe the Raider 'Camp' is not a normal Camp but an old castle or abandoned hut? Sometimes the locations are quite far away too.

vazha

Arcane
no, from my experience, raider camp is that palisade/fort thingie. And I've scoured the east as far as the orc lands and beyond :/ this is soooo annoying! Are there any "fog of war off" cheats for this game?

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Oh...the motherfucking noble war...well...

This time I'm taking matters into my own hands, hunting down Red patrols and slaughtering them. Our idiotic employers still managed to lose a city to the Blue house, god knows how. We got a siege mission (FINALLY!) and I bravely ordered the troops to storm the castle. We won, but...

4D68EA9DFA3A3142813D2788A3D7FA4B1B0CF97A

Wiedekind was an A team guy. Killer on the run with iron lungs. That axe cleaved SO many heads. Well, you can see in the SS: lvl 14, 205 kills.

Goodbye my friend! We shall see each other again in Valhalla!

(oh yeah, check my duelist stats. OMFG, DUELISTS JUST RAPE EVERYTHING DURING THE NOBLE WAR! Enemies get murdered inside their own armors. Duelists don't give a fuck)

ALSO: FIX THE DAMN WAR, DEVS! I no longer believe there is ANY logic to the war. It's just plain retarded. This time I did war as my THIRD crisis, with a party that eats footmen for breakfast and guess what? Our useless employers STILL MANAGED TO LOSE. Even after I slaughtered the entire army of both enemy houses. I'm assuming it's an AI issue, because the Red house has no trouble conquering stuff. Meanwhile "our side" just derps around hunting bandits and ignoring attacks. Completely broken mechanic...

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I just want to say that if Overhype Studios would go full on Paradox with BB and release 100 DLCs in 5 years, out of which 60 are cosmetic crap... I WOULD BUY THEM ALL.
I can't believe how addictive this game is, just seeing the post of Eyestabber made me want to play again.... Which is something I did yesterday until around 2am :M

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
That is a testament to the merits of Ironman mode. The joy is in the journey. I am 38 days in with my current band now and rolling pretty good so far. When I lose an important bro it is going to hurt.

Early on the RNG can really get you because you are so weak. The firs time you run into certain types of enemies things can get squirrelly quickly until you learn how to deal with them effectively.

If losing it all will really turn you off, keep Ironman with easier difficulty, or keep difficulty high but skip Ironman on the first play-through.

Of the two options, Ironman on lower difficulty will give a better experience IMO.

hellbent

Augur

I can't guarantee it, but it's possible the camp will not show until you accept a contract for one of those two towns you mentioned. I recently accepted a contract to clear out some brigands from a camp, and when I went to do it, a named leader brigand with better quality gear was among them. So maybe cruise by those two towns until the contract pops up?

Modron

Arcane
I can't guarantee it, but it's possible the camp will not show until you accept a contract for one of those two towns you mentioned. I recently accepted a contract to clear out some brigands from a camp, and when I went to do it, a named leader brigand with better quality gear was among them. So maybe cruise by those two towns until the contract pops up?

That's not the case those named items are in a location blah blah quests refer to already spawned locations; the direction system needs a bit of revision sometimes though because you get situations where they say in the tundra to the west but the actual location might be more like 80 degrees to the north or south and only a little ways west. I just always assume the directions are shaped more { instead of straight out.

hellbent

Augur

That's not the case those named items are in a location blah blah quests refer to already spawned locations; the direction system needs a bit of revision sometimes though because you get situations where they say in the tundra to the west but the actual location might be more like 80 degrees to the north or south and only a little ways west. I just always assume the directions are shaped more { instead of straight out.

Hmm, I thought the camp had appeared after I accepted the contract, but perhaps the fog of war prevented me from seeing it previously. Yes, I've also noted the directions given in contracts can vary wildly. Yet another reason to keep the bros well stocked with food before venturing forth to fulfill the contract, in case you hit a swamp that slows them to a crawl while trying to get to a greenskin camp. Post fight, I had zero food on my way back to civilization and my bros were pretty pissed what with the injuries and starving and all.

vazha

Arcane
Nah, as Modron pointed out, these rumors mean there is already a location spawned in there. Also, these two are citadels and those dont give brigand related contracts. Maddening thing is another rumor popped in both of those, in addition to the armor one, this time it mentions a named shield. And the location - SOMEWHERE ON THE FUCKING HILLS, EAST! this time nobody says its hidden though. once again I've scoured every milimeter but there is nothing on nearby hills (every direction, mind you) than undead settlements. This is driving me crazy, I'm supposed to be working and I spent the whole day sitting in the office with a clever expression on my face looking for a goddamn raider camp!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom