Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
"Of course Borric."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Mab puckers his lips, "Looks like some sort of loose magery. I've heard tales of wizards who could use circles with runes like these to deconstruct and reconstruct something, but those were mostly just tales for children around the campfire and probably has nothing to do with this."
Can Mab make a alchemy check?

An Alchemy check? You mean use your Potions skill? . . . Umm I guess so?

Alternatively you can makes a difficult 'World Lore' roll or a simple Casting Roll. Beyond that certain spells might be of use here as well.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Cormac and Mab, immediately divine that this is a rune of protection. Urash recognizes it as a very potent symbol of Law; a ward against Chaos.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"If giant frog monsters and whatever killed the horses can't cross it, it would be good. Hopefully we wont trigger it." Rhenmyr tentatively steps onto the circle leading his horse across.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Steeling himself against the inevitable disaster this probably awaiting him, Rhenmyr takes the lead and lightly crosses the boundary of the circle, and . . . nothing!

Nothing whatsoever, terrible or otherwise, happens to him.

Emboldened, the rest of the troupe follows after and crosses the heavily pitted, blue-stone bridge to the other bank. When you get to the other side, you look to your left and see three figures standing still on the track in the middle distance -- no more than a mile or so off. After a few moments, one of them breaks off the other two, and seems to be running for the hillfort about two or three miles away.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"That fellow no doubt is rushing to prepare a warm welcome for us. Torches and pitchforks, I'd wager!"

L'ennui

Magister
"It should come as no surprise that our arrival is to be announced. I doubt this place gets many visitors."

Urash waves his hand at the two remaining distant figures in a gesture of salutation.

Wayward Son

"Back in my village, visitors were always a big commotion." Mab calls out in Pictish to the other two who stayed, "Hail friends. May we exchange names, if it pleases you?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
Mab goes a little bit ahead and pulls up about 100 yards short of the two lean men, who stand warily with Spears held casually at their sides. His exhortation causes the two to lean in and confer.
Wayward Son make a charisma roll

"We can mention Brule and Crannogmere, but they might not be on friendly terms with them. We should tread carefully until we know if they are friend or foe. I would really enjoy a dry, safe place to sleep tonight."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Pass! By the skin of your teeth.
The two men seem to relax their posture a bit and one of them slowly raises a hand gesture of greeting.

Wayward Son

Mab continues in Pictish, "My name is Mab Ystyfnig, from a village far from here. These are my friends. May I ask your names?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
One of the men shouts across the undulating, hummocky ground, in a Pictish dialect, "I am called Gerbus and this is my son, Deagal." He pauses for a few moments conferring with the man at his side, "What village would that be? A'int no villages west nor north of Dinas Dardanii."

L'ennui

Magister
"Greetings, friends. I am Urash of far-away Kor. We arrive to you here from Crannogmere, where we helped the villagers shake off the yoke of evil monsters and tyranny. We come to your steading in the hope of finding rest and dwelling. We intend no trouble and will abide by your customs."

Wayward Son

Mab looks wistfully to the horizon, "My village... well, it was more of a wandering clan. I wouldn't know where it is now for many reasons. Among these, it has been so long and I have traveled so far that I wouldn't remember where our traditional camping spots are."

nikolokolus

Arcane
The man called Deagal, lets Urash and Mab speak and pauses for several moments before turning to his son. Both men shrug their shoulders at each other. Deagal finally speaks, "Well strangers, I don't ken any "Kore," and I a'int ne'er 'eard o' any wandering Picts, but if that's who you say ye are, then that's who you are. If you folk are friendly and up for a bit of trade, then you have our hospitality. Ye'll probably want to get up to the village and talk with our hetman, King Segovax; he's always keen for news and tales from outsiders . . . I'm guessing if you lot come from the "Auld Brig" then you've got a story or two worth 'earing. My son Gerbus will lead you yonder." Deagal pats his son on the shoulder and he tentatively steps forward and closes the distance between Urash and Mab. Deagal, returns to his nets laid out on the sward near his boat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom