Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Poll: Which of the top 20 RPGs have you played?

Which of these games from the top 20 of the top 70 RPGs in the history of the universe have you play

• Planescape: Torment

Votes: 275 89.6%
  • Fallout: A Nuclear Roleplaying Game

Votes: 268 87.3%
  • Fallout 2

Votes: 266 86.6%
  • Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn

Votes: 261 85.0%
  • Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magic Obscura

Votes: 251 81.8%
  • Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Votes: 231 75.2%
  • The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Votes: 252 82.1%
  • Fallout: New Vegas

Votes: 244 79.5%
  • Gothic II

Votes: 170 55.4%
  • Wizardry 8

Votes: 145 47.2%
  • Deus Ex

Votes: 229 74.6%
  • Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer

Votes: 180 58.6%
  • Jagged Alliance 2

Votes: 175 57.0%
  • Dark Souls

Votes: 164 53.4%
  • Wizardry VII: Crusaders of the Dark Savant

Votes: 109 35.5%
  • Betrayal at Krondor

Votes: 123 40.1%
  • Baldur's Gate

Votes: 272 88.6%
  • Darklands

Votes: 108 35.2%
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords

Votes: 206 67.1%
  • Ultima Underworld

Votes: 116 37.8%

• Total voters

Severian Silk

I've played 15/20, beaten 12/20. I did not get very far yet in VtMB and MotB, and didn't finish BaK. Never played a Wizardry or Ultima, nor Darklands or Dark Souls.

Played 18/20 (everything except the two Wizardries). Completed 16/20 (everything except 2 wizardries, ja2 and dark souls). Want to complete Dark Souls soon.

I understand why people don't play Wizardry type games now, the mechanics (grid movement, blobs, etc) are very obsolete, but you all should play Ultima Underworld. Mechanically and in terms of game-play, it is much more modern, and the game is an absolute masterpiece of art.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Comments like the above should be bannable offenses.
Hey, at least I am honest. I grew up on Fallout, that was my first RPG, tried Krondor for a few hours but couldn't get into it, just too old.

Played 15 of them (actually tried 17 but the ones i just "played" 1~3 hours i don't include). Finished a few.

What "time" has to do with it ? I only played Wizardry and Darklands in the 2000s. By that time those games were already 10+ years old and technically dated as fuck in every way imaginable.
Anyway - Your loss.

It is that technical dateness. I admit I need at least Fallout-era graphics to get into the game. Graphics whore, I know.

pippin

itt we learn half of the codex likes nongames (as if it was surprising)

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
What's your agenda, Spectacle?
To make codexians face their inadequacy in not having played every one of these classics, of course.

Bullshit, you're just one of those people who likes telling people the end of a movie before they watch it...

b59355d73cc1aebc167bbb2f571b7f1d.png

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Yeah, Might & Magic VI is at 25. In my opinion, Realms of Arkania II belongs in the Top 20 - currently at 30. And that poll was before the current Twitcher III decline...

KB55UGC.jpg

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Strike ! Played them all. So proud of myself :dance:
Never finished JA2, nor both Wizardy, though

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
Played all of them. Wiz 8, Dark Souls and JA2 are on my yearly playthrough list.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I played all but Wizardry VII. I've beaten 17/20, with only Mask of the Betrayer and Jagged Alliance 2 left incomplete. Out of those two, I'll never get through Mask of the Betrayer since I think the game engine is shit. I will beat Jagged Alliance 2 sometime soon, though. I just started playing it again recently, but stopped shortly after the first small town. I keep restarting and trying different party configurations. I figure I'll get through Wizardry V, VI, and VII within the next year or two. I can't decide if I want to play through them or Eliminage and the two Labyrinth of Touhou games first.

So anyway, 19/20 played, 17/20 beaten, and plan on making that 19/20 when all is said and done.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Finished Fallout 1, Baldur's Gate 1, Morrowindplayed a lot of Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 2, played some of BG2, only played a bit of PS:T. Plan to play that one after I beat Baldur's Gate 2 and IWD.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I figure I'll get through Wizardry V, VI, and VII within the next year or two.

You should do the prestigious Wizardry 6-7-8 run with the same party all the way. Wizardry 5 is really like Wizardry 1-4 in most ways and you cannot import your party into 6. Also, Wizardry 6 is a much better game and easier to get into.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Any particular reason for not playing JA2 or did you just never got the occasion?
It's on my to-play list, I just haven't yet gotten around to it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom