Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Expeditions: Viking - historical Viking RPG from Logic Artists

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I hope they inform us when they are happy with the state of the game again

Tigranes

Arcane
Just got to the British Isles. For those who've finished, how much of the game takes place in Denmark? 30%?

Still very few bugs, so I guess lucky me, especially since GOG will patch slowly I assume.

Do you find enough NPCs to fill up the hird in Denmark (i.e. did I miss something huge), or are you supposed to create some custom ones?

Starwars

Arcane
I also had to create some custom ones.

I'm not too far into the British Isles but they feel a lot bigger and with more... depth so to speak. It's much more fun than the Denmark part I think.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Interesting. Having so many beta testers but still missing obvious things. I got a bug in the first 3 minutes of the game. When my dad was mentioned in my player character bios it just said "<player-dads-name>" or something similar.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I believe you're always forced to create some party members in Ribe. I didn't like this design decision and reported as such in the beta. There is one plot quest where you use everyone in the party technically in the game but it only may occur if you do certain things, I am not sure.

There weren't that many beta testers that reported heaps of bugs. 1000 people may have got keys but there were only some active on the steam forums reporting them.

Wolfe

Arbiter
Finished after 30 hours. The ending seemed rushed, I didn't really find it satisfactory and there were no major surprises at all, it was pretty railroaded. Despite the general instability in terms of crashes and bugs, I really loved my time with it, and I'll actually reload an earlier save to see how different decisions influence the ending.

The combat is awesome, although it puts you in some ridiculously unfair situations at times and it doesn't let you arrange the hird's formation. The visual and audio presentation is good, voices aren't great but the music is lovely. I enjoyed the character progression up to the point where I didn't have what to spend them on because I had done every side quest I could. The hird party members were quite cool, I really liked Nefja, Gunnarr, Asleifr and Aife.

Good game overall, I hope they'll fix its issues, though.

Tigranes

Arcane
From what I can see of the skills, it feels like you pretty much max out on everything you want soon after arriving in the Isles (your main weapon skills, the necessary bonuses for your build, some supporting abilities) - and then you're just pumping the camping skills though with 10 hirdsmen you're really encouraged to have campskillwhores doing it for you? I like the system very much, but I'm wondering how it'll fare late game.

Wolfe

Arbiter
I'd say I was about three quarters done with the game when I reached the point where I didn't have anything to spend my skill points on. Certainly not when I had just left Denmark.

Tigranes

Arcane
oasis789 All I've done is go to each new area, take a look around and talk to the few dudes with names, and do most of the quests - skipped a couple, but who knows what I've missed? Given you can't explore freeform, only beeline to known locations then find a million camping spots, maybe it's not that much.

In terms of where I'm at, I landed in the British Isles, visited one of the two big factions, did some sidequests, then realised there wasn't too much to look forward to skillpoints wise. I don't know how far I'm from the end, but it doesn't look like I'd be very close.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
From what I can see of the skills, it feels like you pretty much max out on everything you want soon after arriving in the Isles (your main weapon skills, the necessary bonuses for your build, some supporting abilities) - and then you're just pumping the camping skills though with 10 hirdsmen you're really encouraged to have campskillwhores doing it for you? I like the system very much, but I'm wondering how it'll fare late game.

It seems so, after Denmark all your chars are pretty much maxed or very competent in respective combat areas. The question is will Britain challenge level be up to the task or are they walking gods.

I have nothing against maxing skills, as long as I encounter enemies with maxed skills so there is challenge

kris

Arcane

It seems so, after Denmark all your chars are pretty much maxed or very competent in respective combat areas. The question is will Britain challenge level be up to the task or are they walking gods.

I have nothing against maxing skills, as long as I encounter enemies with maxed skills so there is challenge

It will be all about equipment after you maxed out skills. I didn't understand the system, what with crafting to get best equipment. So I am a bit gimped...

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Britain is very much awalkover until lategame, but it's a neato questing adventure with pretty good writing. The lategame is made hard by a few maps where you have to battle through obnoxious choke points, and on one occassion they make the classical mistake of throwing you in a full party fight without giving you the heads up that you should equip the junk party members who have 5 crafting 5 artisan etc etc with actual weapons because they're gonna be fighting soon.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://steamcommunity.com/games/445190/announcements/detail/1290689400186482658

1.0.2 Patch Released!
4 MAY - ATOMIC

78a5f54d158470843731d054398af2a221fb9f59.jpg

A huge thank you to all the users who reported their issues to us this week!

This 1.0.2 patch has been running on the beta branch now for a couple of days without introducing any new issues so we're ready to roll it out to the public.

We're extremely grateful for everyone willing to help us test this build to make sure it hasn't caused any new issues. Thank you so much for your support and your emails, the info has been invaluable in rooting out the sources of these issues.

If you don't see your issue marked in the changelog, it is possible that your issue was caused by one of those reported as fixed so before updating us on your status, please take a moment to test out the new build. And if your issue persists please notify us in your report thread on the Support Sub-Forum. If you have not written a report yet and would like to report an issue please take a moment to use the steam forum search function to search for an exisiting thread before posting your own and follow the guidelines for reporting bugs or issues.

Changelog

• Improved stability further
  • Fixed the resolution not being set correctly in the options
  • Player now has a fixed morale to Heroic (+10)
  • Fixed a bug where the person assigned to cleaning would always lose 1 morale; now there's 5% chance of that happening;
    also added additional details in the player message log
  • Due to the player character now having a fixed morale,
    they can no longer be set to clean the camp
  • Fixed a bug where killing Caustantin, Osred, or Æthelred after winning the fight with them would lead to the player dying instead (oh God I wish I didn't have to put this in the patch notes I am so unspeakably ashamed of myself for making this mistake)
  • Fixed a bug where the bounty Ealdorman could get killed if you attacked the thieves, so he would be missing once you got his own quest later
  • Fixed one of the groups of the thralls who had escaped from the slave trader in Orkney being unresponsive if you had passed through their area before they spawned
  • Fixed a stupid oversight in Uallach's (the witch in Perth) conversation that was preventing you from asking about Ketill or Nefja's personal quests if you had already completed her own side quest
  • Fixed the campfire in Yngilwood where you lay an ambush for the tanner - it was set to only play once, so if you clicked no to the pop-up initially you could never open it again
  • Likewise set Grimnir's last conversation in the dream to not trigger once, which prevents the player from "exhausting" it before it's active
  • Fixed being able to trigger the hole in the wall in Dun Phris multiple times
  • Changed the initiative in Ingimar's Longhouse so the player starts
  • Fixed a bug where enemies that were set to immortal could still die from Burn injuries
  • Fixed several issues with Execute and its Condemned status effect: the ability was painting a path when no movement would occur, it was erroneously disallowing activation when the target was outside movement range, and most importantly Condemned was disappearing one round too early, making the ability very difficult to use
  • Fixed an issue caused by using Charge with a reach weapon
  • Fixed Crippled not working
  • Fixed One-Two being able to damage allies
  • Fixed Disarm Trap not working
  • Fixed an exception in the Point Blank skill which could freeze AI in combat, and decreased the chance of this happening in other skills as well
  • Fixed an exception when using water skins
  • Changed animation for Anticipate Opening so it doesn't look like the character is attacking an invisible character
  • Nerfed Backstabber from a 50% damage bonus to 20%
  • Fixed the camera position in camp scenes
  • Added loot to some enemies in Perth that didn't have any
  • Fixed loot ownership in Ingimar's longhouse only being disabled if he was incapacitated (it's currently reset if you save and load in the scene, but we're working on that)
  • Fixed loot ownership not being disabled when Perth or York was being attacked
  • Moved some tutorials that were blocking the timeline
  • Fixed enemy and player AP being switched around in enemy tooltips
  • Fixed the Talon tooltip which wasn't being parsed correctly
  • Fixed the Sling tooltip calling it one-handed instead of two-handed
  • Fixed a tooltip in the treatment panel not showing up
  • Added more info about the timeline in the timeline tooltips

Video crash bypass instructions
If your game has been crashing immediately after character creation or immediately upon opening, try adding the following anywhere in your config file:

[VideoPlaybackSettings] DoPlayVideos=False

The side effect is that you will not get any videos. This is mainly a problem for the end of the game, since the denoument will not play. We're still working on a "proper" fix for a later update.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Not on GOG yet, of course :)

Anyway, I have a slightly spoilery question about Britain for the bros that have finished the game:

Are the Northumbria/Pictia/Viking conquest questlines mutually exclusive? I mean, am I expected to pick one per game and stick with it, or is there leeway to do stuff with all factions and then just make a choice in the end? Also, is there some non-intuitive stuff to watch out for/aim for?
Of course this stuff is fun to discover for yourself, but the game is buggy enough that I worry about breaking questlines and such so I'm asking for basic directions :)

Wolfe

Arbiter
Anyway, I have a slightly spoilery question about Britain for the bros that have finished the game:

Are the Northumbria/Pictia/Viking conquest questlines mutually exclusive? I mean, am I expected to pick one per game and stick with it, or is there leeway to do stuff with all factions and then just make a choice in the end? Also, is there some non-intuitive stuff to watch out for/aim for?
Of course this stuff is fun to discover for yourself, but the game is buggy enough that I worry about breaking questlines and such so I'm asking for basic directions :)

You can do the quests from any faction, but there's a decision point past which you side with one (or with yourself) and antagonise the others.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Haven't played much in but enjoying it so far.
Reached the part where you can pick what kind of boat you want and name it.

So far it is falling bellow my expectations, because i expected it to be a Conquistador 2.0 with a Viking coating on top.
I hope that changes the more i play it, but even if it does not its okay because i probably hold Expeditions: Conquistador with high regard.

Playing it on Insane and it feels pretty sane for me.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
What framerates are you guys getting? I'm running on the lowest graphics settings and I'm still averaging around 14 FPS. Running GeForce 920M which really ought to be able to handle it.

Mortmal

Arcane
The combat is awesome, although it puts you in some ridiculously unfair situations at times and it doesn't let you arrange the hird's formation.
Had same issues , most of time combat is trivial then you get impossible fight like horfgard in the forest, there's no option to approach her stealthily and take down a few guys, you initiate dialog in the open with the main character who is not a tank in front.... First round berserker charge on my archer main character, then hailstorm on the party. No one is under cover , half of it is wiped or poisoned.Impossible fight when i had absolutely no trouble with anything before.

Starwars

Arcane
And that fight varies wildly too depending on... well, I don't know. I guess the exact placement of your dudes when combat starts. I had to reload the fight a bunch of times (twice because the game crashed when the archers used fire arrows on my shield dude for some reason) and it depends so much on what the enemies do on their first turn. If you're unlucky, you'll have people down and half the party severely damaged before you even get to act. If you're lucky, one of your dudes will be near KO.

Very annoying stuff.

Mortmal

Arcane
And that fight varies wildly too depending on... well, I don't know. I guess the exact placement of your dudes when combat starts. I had to reload the fight a bunch of times (twice because the game crashed when the archers used fire arrows on my shield dude for some reason) and it depends so much on what the enemies do on their first turn. If you're unlucky, you'll have people down and half the party severely damaged before you even get to act. If you're lucky, one of your dudes will be near KO.

Very annoying stuff.
The fire arrow crashing the game happened to me too a few time, and yes you need save scumming and luck to manage this fight, this is not good design.

Tigranes

Arcane
OK, so I'm at the Choo-choo-choose spot. For those who've gone past it:

I chose Picts for now. My assumption is that the quest/plot progression is basically the same - go to the Wall, help the army through, etc - but just fighting on different sides, and that 'independent' option just means fight both dudes in slightly harder fights?

Also, how far from end am I? Honestly, it's getting awfully dull roflstomping, and I'm thinking in my second run I'll just play flamboyant rapepillagers that run with 3-4 party size for challenge.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
bro do you even craft?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom