Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Tim Cain at Reboot Develop 2017 - Building a Better RPG: Seven Mistakes to Avoid

Unwanted

Wonderdog

Neckbeard Shitlord's alt
It's not as if Tim Cain would actually return.

If we keep licking the anus of ever developer who made a good or even mediocre game for decades since that time, I am sure they will eventually not only make a much better game, but come and be our online forum pals :lol:

Really some wishful thinking in the borderline personality disorder people who frequent most message boards. In other boards they block off the slightest negativity and they still don't become the personal slaves making the exact games those people want, or go post there and be their pals, or most of the time even notice that they exist :lol:

This guy is a grown man and this is his job. He may enjoy RPG and he may even like some of us, but posting somewhere about your own work is more of a burden than a happy fun time because you have to always be careful to not say something dumb and so on.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm more curious about this:

latest

1503567_Rik_Schaffer.jpg

(Rik Schaffer, the composer of Bloodlines, and many other titles).

Would be nice if Feargus hired Rick again. He made great soundtrack for Bloodlines.

Diggfinger

Arcane
Anyone know how to download the video from Twitch? So far all the tools I've tried give me error messages...(4K Video Downloader, KeepVid)

Latelistener

Arcane
I'm more curious about this:

latest

1503567_Rik_Schaffer.jpg

(Rik Schaffer, the composer of Bloodlines, and many other titles).

Would be nice if Feargus hired Rick again. He made great soundtrack for Bloodlines.
Also composed one of the best tracks in ESO imo, aside from the main theme

He made a lot tracks for the game, but only two of them end up in the album (don't know about the game itself).
That happened because the main composer of ESO didn't want him on the project, but Matt Firor said that he will stay, since Rik was involved in Dark Age of Camelot.
At this point Rik is sort of retired, and only a special project, or a former Troika dev could probably bring him back.

Sentinel

Arcane
He made a lot tracks for the game, but only two of them end up in the album (don't know about the game itself).
That happened because the main composer of ESO didn't want him on the project, but Matt Firor said that he will stay, since Rik was involved in Dark Age of Camelot.
At this point Rik is sort of retired, and only a special project, or a former Troika dev could probably bring him back.
Got a source?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latelistener

Arcane
Got a source?
https://forums.planetvampire.com/bl...HPSESSID=eaf54hc76ajer7u8spfsea95o3#msg125572

Rik Schaffer: Derrick was hand cuffed by everybody wanting Soule. I wanted to be me. He never really wanted me on the project. But the president, Firor, said sorry he's on. I scored Dark Age of Camelot with Firor at Mythic in '98. ESO was not pleasant.

Rik Schaffer: I scored half that game, two hours of music, some similar to Bloodlines. Internal composer with an agenda sidelined a lot of it. The soundtrack has my two best, but he put only two of mine on and 35 of his lol. Too scared of my "Soule" pun intended.

Rik Schaffer: I can only be me. The mega companies want orchestral scores that sound the same. I'm WAY more into composing with words these days. I have a novel, two screenplays (one a comedy if you can believe it) and two children's books. I've been working on all of them since 2011. I'm shopping them this year and praying it works out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diggfinger

Arcane
Anyone know how to download the video from Twitch? So far all the tools I've tried give me error messages...(4K Video Downloader, KeepVid)
You want https://github.com/streamlink/streamlink/blob/master/README.md
I'll leave figuring out how to use it up to you as a kind of IQ test.

Thanks. Actually managed to DL using FreeVid (free trial like a boss:cool:). Unfortunately, its a 5GB+ file due to the 30min+ section of random lounge music in the beginning:oops:

So I scored at least :retarded: on your IQ test, right?

- Digg

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
I'd be very surprised if the millennials are playing lots of tabletop RPGs, but who knows?
From what I've seen, millennial sand Gen Z-ers enjoy tabletop RPGs. They just don't tend to enjoy them transmuted to video game format for some reason. I have been trying to convert friends to the Dork Side. In some respects, I have succeeded. In others, I have failed. :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom