Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I keep trying to understand if Larian will include gamepad/couch co-op support in D:OS2 too, because I completely agree with you. I'm not sure we'll get it on release though to be honest..

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I keep trying to understand if Larian will include gamepad/couch co-op support in D:OS2 too, because I completely agree with you. I'm not sure we'll get it on release though to be honest..
They have mentioned in recent updates that couch co-op either already is in the EA/InDev version, or will be there soon. I will check that at home, if I do not forget.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
is there a character editor for the EE yet? A friend and I tried to play this 3 times, all three times we don't get the quest that gives you the ability to use tenebrium, and the damn book won't work either so we gave up

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Currently in Cyseal figuring out the murder, taking it really slowly. Is there a theif type character I can recruit here? I'm trying not to look up too much about this game. I found a mage but one of my mains is already a pure mage glass cannon. I found Madora and I like her so I'm using her for now. My second character is a Paladin type. But I need someone to break into shit. I found some gear that has Lockpick +1 on it but most doors/chests in Cyseal are Lock level 2-3 so I can't break in yet.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
I found some gear that has Lockpick +1 on it but most doors/chests in Cyseal are Lock level 2-3 so I can't break in yet.
You can also try to find keys.

Yes, but some of the places I want to break into are other people's homes and usually, from what I've found, those keys are on the home owner's person.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The Paladin that don't mind looking the other way... for greater good of course :)

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
With Paladin character?

Bash the door open? Most of these doors have too much health to bash at this stage in the game, I'm only level 3. Or are you suggesting that I just murder these people for their keys? :|

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
With Paladin character?

Bash the door open? Most of these doors have too much health to bash at this stage in the game, I'm only level 3. Or are you suggesting that I just murder these people for their keys? :|
from my memory lockpicking is a trap choice. Go for pickpocket.

What do you mean? Trap choice?

*oh, crap choice? alright. I just really want someone with 1 point anyways. I'll take the rogue in Cyseal and focus on Pickpocketing with him.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
With Paladin character?

from my memory lockpicking is a trap choice. Go for pickpocket.

What do you mean? Trap choice?

*oh, crap choice? alright. I just really want someone with 1 point anyways. I'll take the rogue in Cyseal and focus on Pickpocketing with him.

as in it gives you illusion of usefulness. For everything there is a key, either find it or pickpocket(this is amazing skill in this game, opens new ways of solving quests too). Later you will be just destroying locked doors anyway.
To have fun as rogue in dos you need pickpocket and sneak. no need to max as long as you collect items to boost them.
Afaik best chests cant be picked, only opened by key or scroll.

Good to know, thanks.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
And I never stole anything.
How did you solve the first importatn quest of the game?, as far as I know it's impossible to solve it withotu stealing the key and evenif you breakdown the door (Which is still a crime , mind you, as well as traspassing) You needt o steal the book and the dagger. I've tried to found another solution, As far as I know, And as far as I'm told there isn't. So enlighten me.
You can solve that even without having that book and dagger. But I don't wanna spoil it for these who wanna try it themselves.

Jezal_k23

Can anyone recommend a video of a fun combat encounter so I can try to convince a friend to buy this on the steam sale? He doesn't give a single fuck about story or writing, just combat, so it would be nice to just have a video of a great combat encounter that I can show him.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
This game has no fun combat encounters. Perhaps with exception of teleporting Arhu from cage, and seeing him murder everything.

Actually I'm kinda pissed. Everyone knows what was the reason why Arhu was that way. He pissed off a witch which made it permanent. And that can be undone ONLY by that witch, not Arhu, which is for some reason out of Arhus reach. Either the witch is pissed off, or dead.

And the crime was Arhu's voyeurism and meeting other women and having sex with them, pissed her off. And she though when Arhu acts like a cat to watch naked women and spy on them to prepare best position for a sex with them, perhaps Arhu should stay a cat. PERMANENTLY. And then nobody was able to convince her otherwise.

Can someone explain me what was the scene in Divinity OS about? The only things that remained were the Arhu's voyeurism, and a witch. The problem is there is NO WAY how to seduce her to NOT KILL HIM FOR HIS SEXUAL AFFAIRS WITH OTHER WOMEN, and save his life by seducing her that being in cat form for a while would be better punishment.

Instead we had a fight.

Prime Junta

Finally got around to playing this. It's pretty nice so far. First impressions --

* The mechanics seem really, really good: environment interactions, synergies between abilities, what looks like a fantastic crafting system, a character system that lets you do pretty much whatever the hell you like etc.
* It looks and feels really polished, with a consistent style, clear UI, and overall robust feel
* I very much dig the Roman-inspired setting. It's a nice twist on the usual pseudo-medieval stuff, ahistorical Zweihanders aside.
* There seems to be a /ton/ of stuff to do, and I don't feel like I'm led by the nose to do it.

OTOH I'm not fully sold on the art direction; it's a bit too Disney for my blood, the voice acting is ... not great, and the writing is a tad clichéd and wink-wink-nudge-nudge.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom