Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Darksiders 3

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Got bored halfway through Darksiders 2. Never finished. The combat is okay but it gets tedious fast.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
What the fuck is this SJW shit, female protagonist? Brb, boycotting gunfire games.
Sad thing is that I can imagine quite a few folks writing something like that for serious.
In all honesty though I'm fucking excited that Fury is the protag, I wanted her to be the next game instead of Strife because Strife had two problems for me
-It could have felt too similar to the previous games where we already got to use his pistols
-Turning the game into a popamole

Still shitty that Famine and Pestilence weren't the last two horsemen.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Also, killing the seven deadly sins is a really cool sounding concept, even though I'm starting to get a bit tired of them making every game a concurrent story in the timeline instead of continuing with the events after the first/second game.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
I'm curious if they'll go full Dante's Inferno and make the "Lust" Sin a giant penis or something.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
These games, particularly the second one, were some of the most boring shit I've ever slogged through.
I have to agree. I love well-crafted action adventure games but Darksiders took the worst from Zelda and God of War and tried to make a game out of it

Just play God of War or Zelda. No clue about Darksiders 2 though.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I hope that equipment progression from 2 is out. "Upgrading" slots 999 times, with each change being so minuscule you barely feel it, is the worst .

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Both games, especially sequel, were too long for it's own good.
I know devs wanted to put items and abilities to use but making game longer for this - it was mistake.
Don't see why female protagonist is a big deal. They were back then but recently - it suddenly become a big deal. Fear of rule34? Fear of sexually frustrated audience? Both? Female devs members being glad there are gurls in but are afraid of becoming sex object or whatever?
FFS what they did to Lara Croft? She were better female protag than modern "muh feeling get impaled" trash. Cold stone noble flavored raider. Female gamers should kill for that.
I find it baffling years back players (or "gamers") dealt with it better even though it was far from mature. NeoFAG and other dumb think tanks echo chambered countrysides does not help, even when they are under "equality" banner...

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Gaming in 2017...
onlhXKU.png

Chamezero

The usernames :lol: hey rabbi, whatcha doing?

But seriously, nobody asked for this shit game. The first one was meh and the second one was awful, let this crap die.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Not bad, but that whip sound got old real quick. I wonder how long the game's been in development already, though.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Nope.
Things subsided a bit, but you can still see discussions of that sort on first page if you go to game's steam forum.
Look at the usernames, you fucking idiot. No, it's not photoshopped and, no, it's not serious or the end of the world.

Don't forget to link your Patreon in your posts.

orcinator

Liturgist
That gameplay footage looks like crap.

Sure, some of that is because the guy who's playing it is shit (looked like he died on purpose) but the attacks look like crap, the encounter design is nonexistant and suffers from copypasting the same nonthreatening monster/s multiple times, and the boss at the end looked like they tried to copy the worst parts from Dark Souls's boss designs (well, the hitboxes didn't seem that bad).

Well it doe have more than two enemy types, so that's an improvement over the last one, but somehow I feel like you'll be seeing these guys a lot.

Oh, and in game Fury looks more like a troll doll than a battleborn.

Last edited:

DemonKing

Arcane
No issues with a female protagonist but that whip is a horrible choice for a main weapon. I can't see myself having fun dancing around whipping stuff for hours on end.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom