Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Poll: Which of the top 20 RPGs have you played?

Which of these games from the top 20 of the top 70 RPGs in the history of the universe have you play

• Planescape: Torment

Votes: 275 89.6%
  • Fallout: A Nuclear Roleplaying Game

Votes: 268 87.3%
  • Fallout 2

Votes: 266 86.6%
  • Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn

Votes: 261 85.0%
  • Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magic Obscura

Votes: 251 81.8%
  • Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Votes: 231 75.2%
  • The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Votes: 252 82.1%
  • Fallout: New Vegas

Votes: 244 79.5%
  • Gothic II

Votes: 170 55.4%
  • Wizardry 8

Votes: 145 47.2%
  • Deus Ex

Votes: 229 74.6%
  • Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer

Votes: 180 58.6%
  • Jagged Alliance 2

Votes: 175 57.0%
  • Dark Souls

Votes: 164 53.4%
  • Wizardry VII: Crusaders of the Dark Savant

Votes: 109 35.5%
  • Betrayal at Krondor

Votes: 123 40.1%
  • Baldur's Gate

Votes: 272 88.6%
  • Darklands

Votes: 108 35.2%
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords

Votes: 206 67.1%
  • Ultima Underworld

Votes: 116 37.8%

• Total voters

Pablosdog

Prophet
Played all, never finished Darklands. Will probably try again soon.

Nuclear Explosion

I have played 18 and finished 13. KOTOR 2 and Darklands are the two I haven't played. I have completed the following:

Planescape: Torment
Fallout
Fallout 2
Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate II
Arcanum
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Deus Ex
Mask of the Betrayer
Jagged Alliance 2
Dark Souls
Betrayal at Krondor

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Poll saturation?

I was wondering how people would try and fuck-up the attempted new grand vote test, but I must admit I wasn't expecting poll saturation.

How exactly is it a fuck-up if there are more polls? You took up my idea here regarding DIY polls, which is good, but it doesn't mean that you have an exclusive right to polling.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Everything except wizardry and ultima games. I dont like blobber, and with ultima i just havent had a chance. I am burning trough my backlog in slower pace than i should.

I mostly finish a game i started unless i thought it is ultra boring

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Poll saturation?

I was wondering how people would try and fuck-up the attempted new grand vote test, but I must admit I wasn't expecting poll saturation.

How exactly is it a fuck-up if there are more polls? You took up my idea here regarding DIY polls, which is good, but it doesn't mean that you have an exclusive right to polling.

I guess the same way it's a fuck-up if anything has countless random and not really leading anywhere spin-offs? Also, that thread had loads of people, myself included, suggesting alternative ways to attempt a new vote, I've no idea why you've decided that it was only your post that inspired the poll, though I'm glad you think its a good idea. Of course I don't have an exclusive right to polling, that would be an utterly retarded idea, but I do hope you allow me the right to criticise polls...? Such as what's the purpose of this poll and your poll beyond your own personal naval gazing?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Such as what's the purpose of this poll and your poll beyond your own personal naval gazing?

Seeing what blobbers may be worth checking out?

Also, that thread had loads of people, myself included, suggesting alternative ways to attempt a new vote, I've no idea why you've decided that it was only your post that inspired the poll

People were asking for a new "official" poll and I pointed out that anyone can create their own poll with up to 30 options. Since nobody else suggested that, I would say it was my idea.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Played all of them, didnt finish Dark Souls, Wizardy VII, Darklands, Betrayal at Krondor and Ultima.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Such as what's the purpose of this poll and your poll beyond your own personal naval gazing?

Seeing what blobbers may be worth checking out?

Also, that thread had loads of people, myself included, suggesting alternative ways to attempt a new vote, I've no idea why you've decided that it was only your post that inspired the poll

People were asking for a new "official" poll and I pointed out that anyone can create their own poll with up to 30 options. Since nobody else suggested that, I would say it was my idea.

Ok... so how was anyone who decided to take the bull by the horns and do a new poll going to poll people without making a poll? They'd need someone to tell them they could just make a poll... right...?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Ok... so how was anyone who decided to take the bull by the horns and do a new poll going to poll people without making a poll? They'd need someone to tell them they could just make a poll... right...?

Look, pretend that it was all your own idea, I don't care. You admitted that you read that thread where I suggested what you did a few days later.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
What's your agenda, Spectacle?

As far as I can make out:

1. He is too impatient for the new grand poll to give him this information over the course of the next few months
2. He only really gives a shit about the top 20, because 20 is the magic number of life the universe and everything
3. The only thing that matters to him is a couple of games in the top 20 that he's itching to bitch at and needs some citation to validate his bitching
4. Cos other people are making polls, he thought he'd make one, cos getting attention from polls is awesome

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot

Look, pretend that it was all your own idea, I don't care. You admitted that you read that thread where I suggested what you did a few days later.

You have a reputation for a reason don't you...

Edit: And here she comes with the 'butthurt' ratings...

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Played 15. Finished most I played, except Morrowind, which I dragged too long and broke badly, but never touched the main quest and VtM:B, which really put me off rather fast.
Didn't play Deus Ex, JA2, WizVII, Darklands and UU.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
My personal feeling on Deus Ex was that even though it was much more ambitious in many ways, System Shock 2 was a better and more condensed version of all the things that were fun about it.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Didn't play the two Wiz games (never was into blobbers), Ultima Underworld, Gothic 2 and MotB (because I didn't really want to buy an expansion for NWN2 back then)

Falksi

Arcane
Played 25 of them. Have to say, would rank a lot more of the more modern RPGs (Witcher 2, Mass Effect, Dragon Age etc) higher than their older brethren (Witcher, KOTOR, BG).

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Gothic2 is a very niche game. I dont see anyone outside of its minor but very vocal fans know about it.

If the game manages to convert everyone who played it or even just heard about it into its fans, then I would say it is a pretty great game!

This thread isn't about discussing quality its about who's played what... you moved the goalposts on your first reply.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom