Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I wouldn't describe the baron as evil at all, he's just a deeply flawed guy ffs.

Now the witches in that quest, they're evil.

Fairfax

Arcane
I wouldn't describe the baron as evil at all, he's just a deeply flawed guy ffs.

Now the witches in that quest, they're evil.
I don't remember if the host used the word evil, but he said "he's a horrible, awful person, and you feel terrible at the end". I haven't played it, so I don't know how accurate that is.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I don't remember if the host used the word evil, but he said "he's a horrible, awful person, and you feel terrible at the end". I haven't played it, so I don't know how accurate that is.

Guess the host has a thing about wife beaters.

He's done some "horrible, awful" things but I still wouldn't describe him as a horrible, awful person.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Guess the host has a thing about wife beaters.

He's done some "horrible, awful" things but I still wouldn't describe him as a horrible, awful person.
Awful, maybe. Horrible and awful? No, I agree. He's done some really awful things, but anyone that plays through all of the options in that quest will know that by no means was the wife innocent in that whole scenario, and I think that it's a credit to the game that it actually created a very "human" situation where the would-be "horrible, awful" wife-beater can actually be empathized with - something I don't think any western developer would have the balls to even try doing. The Baron was as much a victim in that whole affair as anyone else involved, and it's evident that he truly loved his wife and ultimately gives up everything (depending on your actions) to take her away, everyone else be damned.

That questline was such a fucking rollercoaster ride from start to finish, and I tried to nail the Baron down multiple times, and in the end I didn't know what to make of him. And that's rare. That's really, really rare. People might call Witcher 3 a popamole type game and be right, and I would never argue with someone calling it Twitcher, but it's actually extremely well-written and have truly fleshed-out characters even when first looks can be deceiving, and it does what it does - whether that's anyone's favourite thing to do or not - really, really well.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I don't want to derail this thread any further and you're talking about central/eastern europe while I was just thinking of the west as a whole so nevermind.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Short glimpses of Cain & Avellone at Reboot Develop in this video:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Short glimpses of Cain & Avellone at Reboot Develop in this video:

I am wondering...who pays for these events?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-04-26-reboot-develop-2018-dates-announced-tickets-on-sale

Anticipating high demand, tickets for 2018 are already on sale, with a Super Early Bird price of €185 for standard tickets, a discount of 40%, €525 for the two-person indie package, which includes accommodation and an exhibition table, or a VIP bundle for €695, entitling you to some very special treatment during the course of the event.

Father Foreskin

Learned
Almost 700 dollars for very special treatment. Id be intrested but im going to a cabin this weekend to fish.

ThoseDeafMutes

Learned
Since when is Poland not western?

Well Germany is usually considered to be part of "Central Europe" so it's an uphill battle to define Poland as part of "Western Europe". I suppose if you mean "the west", the nebulous boogeymen of the Russian state, Poland would count as part of it since they're in the EU and NATO.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom