Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Poll: Western Blobbers After 2000 That You Played

Which of these Western blobbers have you played?

• Total voters

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Thanks IncendiaryDevice for starting the other vote thread. I think we can have many more of those.

So in this poll, please choose which Western blobbers you played that were released after 2000.

I've included a few RPG's made in Japan that have Westernized graphics.

Hybrids such as Lords of Xulima or Realms of Arkania HD were NOT included.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Technically, Dark Spire was also made in Japan but is a Western-style RPG.

Last edited:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
What is Legacy?

http://www.redshift.hu

If that's the case, then you can add all Wizardry clones (Wiz Gaiden and Wiz Empire 1&2) as well because that kind of game mostly is made in Japan.

Read the OP: "RPG's made in Japan that have Westernized graphics"

Just out of curiosity... What kind of "hybrid" is Xulima? Or do you just mean the poll's specifically for "first person" blobbers.

Yeah, Xulima is really one of its kind.

Dorateen

Arcane
Just out of curiosity... What kind of "hybrid" is Xulima? Or do you just mean the poll's specifically for "first person" blobbers.

Yeah, Xulima is really one of its kind.

There's a case to be made that first person exploration is essential to a "blobber", the designation reserved for the style with a party that moves as one amorphous blob. Blobber combat alone doesn't cut it, so that's why Xulima is out.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
There are also a couple of others (which I didn't play though):

- The Legend of Candlewind: Nights & Candles
- The Deep Paths
- Dungeon Kingdom: Sign of the Moon
- The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians

Alkarl

Learned
Elminage Gothic counts. It's Western-style and pretty true to its roots. Also, post 2000 there are a bunch of Jap-Wizardrys on ps2 and at least one on ps3. Not to mention EO series and Elminage: Original.

For added scorn:
Xulima isn't a blobber. It's a mess.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
But first we need to define what a blobber is.

No, really! Because by most definitions I can think of, The Quest isn't one (-> just one character).

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
There are also a couple of others (which I didn't play though):

- The Legend of Candlewind: Nights & Candles
- The Deep Paths
- Dungeon Kingdom: Sign of the Moon
- The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians

Added, as well as these:

- Might & Magic 9
- Stranger in a Strange City
- Frayed Knights

I wanted a full Western blobber poll
-_-

That's what it is. JRPG animu is where we draw the line, as per the subforum division into WRPG's and JRPG's.

Also, post 2000 there are a bunch of Jap-Wizardrys on ps2 and at least one on ps3. Not to mention EO series and Elminage: Original.

From what I 've seen, all of those Japanese Wizardries have animu graphics, just as Etryan Odyssee.

Because by most definitions I can think of, The Quest isn't one (-> just one character).

Just ignore it then. It's close enough to a TB blobber to count, just like Dungeon Hack had Eye of the Beholder gameplay with just one character.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
I wanted a full Western blobber poll
-_-

That's what it is. JRPG animu is where we draw the line, as per the subforum division into WRPG's and JRPG's.
No, the actual division is mostly based on made in Japan (Asia) / not made in Japan (Asia) disitincion.

Because by most definitions I can think of, The Quest isn't one (-> just one character).
Just ignore it then. It's close enough to a TB blobber to count, just like Dungeon Hack had Eye of the Beholder gameplay with just one character.
What an enlightened approach. I cannot agree more... :D
Let's see:
Temple of Elemental Evil is just like Eye of the Beholder gameplay - just not real time and not first person.
Or wait, i have a better one... Gothic series, it is even first person and real time - almost exactly like EoTB "just one character".

Making fun aside, you haven't tought out this thread before making it, am i right ? You just making shit up on the run as people question you.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
What exactly is the objective of this thread anyway? Are you going to pick the top blobber of the 2000s based on the 40 or so users that will vote?

Also please keep adding more games after people already voted so it becomes even less representative.

hivemind

I think it's meant to identify and later shame people who play blobbers

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom