Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Play other mods?
They have sucky machine translation but what you gonna do?
Or wait for Misery 2.2... or play Call of Misery which is better than this mod.

BTW. you need original LA 1.3003 to play DC.
DC is just a patch of 2.3GB weight.
Good thing people can't read so you have chance to download before people start pounding servers...

edit
BREAKING NEWS
These so called "testers" whose spread the news about LA DC?
They were right.
Waves upon waves of disappointed people.
Nothing surprising here
Move along

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
My OGSE write-up has been updated and rewritten for v0.6.9.3.

config.jpg

Looking forward to Remastered.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Beware the shitstorm is coming TODAY

http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha/news/stalker-lost-alpha-developers-cut/#6496117

some testers confirmed that most criticized problems like emptiness maps and bork story remains while team focused on features like detectors and skills and stuff.
:decline:

bonus
pre-release stream
did not watched because he started on Novice level lel

What exactly is the fucking point to their DC bullshit? The maps feel empty as fuck, the enemy encounters and events are meh... why not do a Call of Chernobyl kind of community piece rather than this piece of shit?
Fuck I swear I cannot believe this shit, there is some guy doing Stalker on the Unreal engine and it looks damn glorious hell why not kickstarter for that sort of thing? I bet they could do a damn decent new game with a relatively low budget... hell look at the Metro guys ffs!
I helped a friend build his first Gaming PC and literally the first thing I did was install Stalker games and Metal Gear 5 because that is all the guy wanted to play... dont tell me they cannot raise 2 million dollars for a new Stalker game?
So I downloaded the 1.4000 version and installed it along with the 1.4002 patch and the game keeps crashing at the start, I thought 1.4000 was a standalone install do I need to install the "big" 1.4002 parch instead?

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Thing is - current Stalker owner give zero fucks about any further action or use for his IP.
Second - Dezoteam is bunch of megalomaniacs (they are the only people beside GSC who have full access to the tools they might as well make new Stalker with them but nah) that went "modders gonna modders" mode.
I thought 1.4000 was a standalone
It is not.
1.4000 aka DC edition is a patch
You need original Lost Alpha and then install DC/1.4000+ patches on it. There should be whole pack already somewhere...

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Thing is - current Stalker owner give zero fucks about any further action or use for his IP.
Second - Dezoteam is bunch of megalomaniacs (they are the only people beside GSC who have full access to the tools they might as well make new Stalker with them but nah) that went "modders gonna modders" mode.
I thought 1.4000 was a standalone
It is not.
1.4000 aka DC edition is a patch
You need original Lost Alpha and then install DC/1.4000+ patches on it. There should be whole pack already somewhere...
Yup got the "full" patch last nite and got it working
Runs surprisingly better than previous releases, did a bunch of the starter missions on Cordon and it was ok I guess... then again the beginning levels are pretty much vanilla quests so no issues there it is on the new levels where the derpy creeps in it
Such a fucking shame, GSC could even outsource the damn thing but they wont and probably will hit the guy using the Unreal engine with a Cease and Desist anyday now

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Stalker on Unreal? I know two on CryEngine and one on Unity but this one is new for me...

Baron Dupek

Arcane
My OGSE write-up has been updated and rewritten for v0.6.9.3.
Looking forward to Remastered.
Hi
How does artifact transformation work? You go to scientists and pay (like in SGM 2.0+) or do Narodnaya Solyanka/People Soup style - put your ass in the anomaly, drop required items and wait X hours to cook?

I only played beta version with terrible machine translation and got stuck at Yantar with some military guy, had no clue what he wanted...surely it got better but can't be arsed to play Stalker mods these days.
And I don't think other mods for Stalkers have fair (and/or hard) difficulty nor are worth mentioning...

Last edited:

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Ended up playing OGSE v0.6.9.3 over the past week or so.

A near perfect experience, then I got to the Freedom base and tried killing their boss. 15 or so headshots and the guy wasn't even flinching. I threw a grenade and he just stood there and took it no worries.

Wat?
Really killed my desire to play this mod.. which is absolutely fantastic otherwise. :negative:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Well, there was a lot of fuzz about death of important NPC in mods, would be not surprised if there was some requirement to make him mortal.
Give it a try, OGSE is one of the better mods.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Have been getting the weirdest spawns with Misery 1.2

I had the Stalker rescue mission in Yanov and along the way I ran into a albino Bloodsucker (the tougher kind found in Yanov) and he chased me all the way to the buildings where the Stalker was kept. I jumped on top of a few crates and the bandits there decided to start shooting at it... he killed half the camp and by the time I killed it along with a couple or armored bandits everything was cleared to make my way to the warehouse where the Stalker was beign kept

Saw a roaming band of zombies in full exo skeletons and decided to kill them to check out their gear, after killing them they each had detectors for the scientist quest, high powered Groza rifles and a brand new dessert eagle...nice haul for a handfull of sniper bullets!

Lastly, while making my way to the traintracks crossroad I saw a couple of Stalkers get absolutely destroyed by what sounded like rats and a couple of dogs... it turned out to be 5 mutated
Dogs, 4 rats and 3 pseudo dogs
i had to reaload more than a couple of times to actually kill them because they simply overwhelmed me with their numbers. They were probably the toughest enemy group I have faced so far in this run
After checking the corpses of the Stalkers they were loaded with granades, medical supplies and a couple of AKMs and plently of ammo(by far my favorite assualt rifle for the beggining middle part of the game)
I can only imagine a story for that group, almost as if they had made their way to a great find of supplies only to die to the roaming pack of dogs and rats

Silva

Arcane
Have been getting the weirdest spawns with Misery 1.2

I had the Stalker rescue mission in Yanov and along the way I ran into a albino Bloodsucker (the tougher kind found in Yanov) and he chased me all the way to the buildings where the Stalker was kept. I jumped on top of a few crates and the bandits there decided to start shooting at it... he killed half the camp and by the time I killed it along with a couple or armored bandits everything was cleared to make my way to the warehouse where the Stalker was beign kept

Saw a roaming band of zombies in full exo skeletons and decided to kill them to check out their gear, after killing them they each had detectors for the scientist quest, high powered Groza rifles and a brand new dessert eagle...nice haul for a handfull of sniper bullets!

Lastly, while making my way to the traintracks crossroad I saw a couple of Stalkers get absolutely destroyed by what sounded like rats and a couple of dogs... it turned out to be 5 mutated
Dogs, 4 rats and 3 pseudo dogs
i had to reaload more than a couple of times to actually kill them because they simply overwhelmed me with their numbers. They were probably the toughest enemy group I have faced so far in this run
After checking the corpses of the Stalkers they were loaded with granades, medical supplies and a couple of AKMs and plently of ammo(by far my favorite assualt rifle for the beggining middle part of the game)
I can only imagine a story for that group, almost as if they had made their way to a great find of supplies only to die to the roaming pack of dogs and rats
Crazy shit. Are you sure its not Misery 2.1 ?

Silva

Arcane
Playing Misery with the lights down, new surround sound headphones and I can hear the rolling thunder on the distance as the sky turns red as an emisión is ready to hit... I take cover beneath an outcrop of rocks next to the fueling station and I can see the lighting and the wipping wind as the emision hits...
God I love this game
One time I was running from dogs at night and found a tree to climb and get safe. Waited for the dogs to go. Night unfurls, a storm comes and go away. The sun rises. All the while I was there, at the treetop, watching and hearing the nature around me. Beautiful experience.

I think Misery 1.2 has the perfect balance of beautiful yet realistic graphics. Even in this Misery 2 fucked up, making the zone look like it's covered in shit.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Ended up playing OGSE v0.6.9.3 over the past week or so.

A near perfect experience, then I got to the Freedom base and tried killing their boss. 15 or so headshots and the guy wasn't even flinching. I threw a grenade and he just stood there and took it no worries.

Wat?
Really killed my desire to play this mod.. which is absolutely fantastic otherwise. :negative:

Well that explains why Borov in the dark valley also refused to die. Not even point blank shots from a Saiga 12 was able to make him go down. In the end I had to toss grenades into his room. About 4 or 5 to kill him.

Overall I like the mod. But somethings are just annoying. From dropping my gun when attacked by some enemies. As well as the Psi effect after blowouts taking forever to go away.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Lost Alpha DC is better than the 1.3000 release but the improvements are just on a surface level, sadly. If you didn't like LA back then you won't like it now either. There is more A-Life in some maps but some of them are still very dreary, with little to no Stalker activity whatsoever. Garbage is very empty, mostly populated by packs of mutants in remote locations and I counted a grand total of 7 Dutyers in the entirety of the huge Forest map. There was nobody else except a couple of Burers, Chimeras, a Bloodsucker, a Pyrogeist and a few zombies. The base in the middle was completely empty and there was no items to find anywhere except a bandit jacket and a few ammo boxes in the entirety of the level, which is a few kilometers square. The game is also quite buggy and very poorly optimized, even more so than the first release. Got bored and quit for later, in the meantime, even without a proper story Call of Chernobyl with a few addons on top of it is a much better experience.

Still anxiously waiting for SGM 3.0/In Spite of the Death. This one looks rad.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Ok, I gave a shot to OGSE and have hope to reach Yantar ( get here in beta tests but dropped due machine translation problems - did not known what soldier wanted from me) but the fact that I have to deal with Darkscape for few hours make me sick.
Thing is - I play with increased carry limit and the only way to increase it above 100 is to edit outfit.ltx file, which need to be extracted (there is tool and instruction here).
MediantSamuel
I paid a visit to Borov and can confirm - this fatfug is completely bulletproof. Any form of explosives will do the job (40mm grenade to the face recommended).

Still anxiously waiting for SGM 3.0/In Spite of the Death. This one looks rad.

Man, SGM team looks far more organized (they got involved in other projects like Chernobyl Chronicles) I would be shocked if the SGM3 get released and bring disappointment.
LA DC - same shit like original + upgrades for detectors and skills system.
Misery 2.2? Not much changes announced beside axe and dismantling guns. And ONE fucking guy responsible for Call of Misery can do better job faster and better than a bunch of lazy slobs.
New feature in Misery 2.2? Give him few days and it will be in CoM.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
So the Misery team have time advantage then...
but they won't use it
Screw those guys and all their "you need a can opener for that" and "kill a hundred piggies with your knife" gameplay
Perhaps the only good idea they got after Misery 1.2 are the artifact containers that was good for immersion

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I was hoping he would bump into a controller in the video but alas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom