Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Game informer's top 100 RPG (spoiler: it's turd)

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Pokemon Red & Blue are the 15th best RPG of all time motherfuckers. PIKA PIKAAA
:retarded:

Same old, same old. A few things caught my eye though.

81. Destiny

The prophecies were true, Call of Duty with spells is top RPG. There are classes and perks and skill trees but you can reconfig them whenever you want. Preferably while you're on a PvP queue so when the match begins you're still stuck in inventory and I have to protect you.

19. Persona 5

English version release date: April 4, 2017

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
1) No Bethesda Fallout in the Top 10.

Hah, Fallout 4 is not there at all. Bethesda must have troubles with their Dorito shipments or else they pissed off the gaming press somehow.
Otherwise Skyrim being higher than F3 is quite in line with the typical shilling process: newer games are always better.
Remember how F3 was hailed as much better than Oblivion, the game that won like a million Citizen Kane awards.

That might be a factor, but I don't think it's at #1 because of that. I think the main thing here is that Skyrim was never heavily criticized/deconstructed by the gaming community the same way Fallout 3 and also Oblivion were. Its reputation has remained pristine.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Pokemon Red & Blue are the 15th best RPG of all time motherfuckers. PIKA PIKAAA
:retarded:

Just had this in mind after your post:
pikatard.png

Hyperion

Arcane
2) Final Fantasy Tactics is kind of an unorthodox choice for inclusion in the Top 10. Somebody's dark horse pick?

Final Fantasy Tactics is the Final Fantasy of choice to use as a favorite RPG because it's loaded with political intrigue instead of the usual chosen one, weeby nonsense. Makes them look like a legitimate fan because it's beloved by fans, but not as cliched as FF7.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
English version release date: April 4, 2017
Well yeah, it's pretty obvious that people preparing those lists didn't even play a vast majority of the playstation shovelware that always goes there. Same with the actual good old games they randomly throw around the bottom half to make the list look genuine.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Just like all the gaming rag lists, it looks more like a bucket list than a real top # list. And one that's not in any particular order either.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Shitrim first? :D The list is a much bigger turd than expected, that spoiler warning was not enough.

Turjan

Arcane

Shin

Cipher
where the fuck is fallout 2

they listed a 100 fucking games but couldn't include fallout 2 or arcanum

fallout is at 39 as the highest rated western TB rpg... and I could only spot 4 other western TB rpg's in the entire list, including XCOM and TToN :/

"Who Has Paid Us The Most?"
1. Bethesda
2. Square
3. Bioware
4. Blizzard
5. Nintendo

I think the sad truth is that they didn't have to be paid in order to make this turd of a list :(. If they at least would've have the decency to name it the "top 10 action RPG's and japanese weeaboo games". They give the genre a bad rep :(.

GelGel

Educated
This list is uber shit.

While we are at it, can anyone provide a list of top100 RPG's which carries seal of approval from Codex?

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
I think the sad truth is that they didn't have to be paid in order to make this turd of a list
Game Informer is more "paid-advertising" than any other print label in this industry. For as long as I can remember, copies have always been coupled with EB Games stores, at least in Australia. They are barely above catalogues.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Lots of questionable titles, mostly from the 21st century. Their definition of RPG seems to be "any single player game or MMO that has numerical character progression", which means at least half of the list could be ditched for better alternatives.
No mainline Shin Megami Tensei games whatsoever, but 3 Persona games made it to the list for some reason.
No Daggerfall.
No Sengoku Rance.
No KOTOR II (first one is).
No Heroes of Might and Magic 3.
Two Pokemon gens. I don't see any reason to list the first gen over anything besides nostalgia since it has so awful mechanics.
Only Fire Emblem listed is FUCKING AWAKENING. Whoever decided that should be burned to death.
And I wouldn't call the first Final Fantasy a good game by any metric.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom