Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Darksiders 3

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
http://gematsu.com/2017/05/darksiders-iii-reveal-leaked-ps4-xbox-one-pc
Darksiders-III_2017_05-02-17_001.jpg

• Play as FURY – a mage who must rely on her whip and magic to restore the balance between good and evil on Earth!
  • Harness FURY’s magic to unleash her various forms – each granting her access to new weapons, moves and traversal abilities
  • Explore an open-ended, living, free-form game world in which FURY moves back and forth between environments to uncover secrets while advancing the story
  • Defeat the Seven Deadly Sins and their servants who range from mystical creatures to degenerated beings
  • Darksiders signature art style – expansive post-apocalyptic environments that take the player from the heights of heaven to the depths of hell, dilapidated by war and decay and overrun by nature

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Liked the first 2 games, I thought they were fun action-adventure. Looking forward to this.

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I expected them to go down the co op route, with all the Horsemen being playable.
Not that I'm complaining, as I prefer it this way.

A horse of course

wtf happened to her design

http://darksiders.wikia.com/wiki/Fury

They need to make her tiddies bigger or NO SALE

I swear to god if they touch Lilith...

I expected them to go down the co op route, with all the Horsemen being playable.

Yeah they kept going on about how let down they were that they didn't get a chance to make their dream 4-player co-op sequel, despite it sounding terrible and being a total departure from 1+2.

I hope it's closer to Darksiders 2 (more combat focused) than 1 (shitty Zelda puzzles).

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Pretty good. Running theory was it would be a co-op title for Fury and Strife, but I'll take another single-character game.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
It'd be fucking incline if they come back to the first game's post-apo setting insteand of DS2's generic looking fantasy.

Last edited:

flyingjohn

Arcane
I just hope they actually finish this game unlike darksiders 2.
Darksiders 2 would be a somewhat solid game if the actual level quality remained at the same level after the first world,but instead they probably ran out of money.
Cause there is no other explanation why the other worlds were so lacking in content.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Actually, they'd run the risk of having their game lost in the crowd of fantasyland open-world games, even with the female protag (Horizon zero down, Hellblade...Etc). They better go full post-apo.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
It'd be fucking inlince if they come back to the first game's post-apo setting insteand of DS2's generic looking fantasy.

Horizon Zero Dawn, Fallout 4, Nier Automata, Gears of War 4 etc.
I would like they give a chance to unique settings, special to Darksiders. There are plenty of post-apo out there.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Darksiders' post-apo *is* special. That's why the first game was so interesting, to me. It's unlike all the games in your list there.

Declinator

Arbiter
So having not played Darksiders 1 or 2, is the combat any good? Are the enemy encounters (especially bosses) interesting?

WhiteGuts

Arcane
They're hack'n'slash games. You unlock abilities and better gear as you go through the game, it's your standard linear progression. The second game introduced leveling, loot drops and stats.

A horse of course

I enjoyed Darksiders 2 a fair bit. Good variety of enemies, pretty fun combat, great atmosphere and music (Jesper-kun), waifus. Darksiders 1 is pretty crap imo - it's basically Zelda-with-demons and everything - including the boss fights - feels like a rudimentary puzzle to be solved.

Falksi

Arcane
I'm normally tolerant with games, but actually found both games amazing at first, then incredibly dull and repetitive around 1/3rd of the way in. Hope that the 3rd instalment builds on the foundation layed.

Last edited:

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Her old design was certainly quite a bit more appealing, though I can understand why they toned the sexualization down. Things changed quite a bit since the time of Darksiders' initial conception.

Vorark

Erudite
Steam is selling a bundle with the first two games. I've only played 2d Zeldas and Okami, liked the latter well enough. Is Darksiders similar to Okami, at least?

sullynathan

Arcane
Darksiders 2 was such a shitty port man

Steam is selling a bundle with the first two games. I've only played 2d Zeldas and Okami, liked the latter well enough. Is Darksiders similar to Okami, at least?
Haven't beat Okami but Darksiders is a Zelda clone with God of war combat. It's exploration and puzzles weren't as good as Ocarina of Time nor was the combat as visceral or exciting as God of war. It was just mediocre but I hear that the 2nd game is a noticeable improvement.

I don't know why this never crossed my mind. 4 horsement, 4 player co-op in an action adventure game. That could have easily worked, and would be fun.

Vorark

Erudite
Haven't beat Okami but Darksiders is a Zelda clone with God of war combat. It's exploration and puzzles weren't as good as Ocarina of Time nor was the combat as visceral or exciting as God of war. It was just mediocre but I hear that the 2nd game is a noticeable improvement.

Thanks!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom