Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect BioWare Montreal's Mass Effect: Andromeda - where element zero meets trisomy 21

Padzi

Arbiter
kfWkGMv.jpg

Look at this monstrosity and despair. This is the author.

I checked her twitter account. She even uses the retarded pronouns thing. I'm starting to regret buying this toiler paper it's not even soft or moist.

uyMVjB2.jpg

Why do you keep eating from the trashbin? Plus isn't it better to read in English than translation? In my experience all translation is terrible (except the works of the few master translators, who don't translate trashy SF ofc).

I like to know my enemies. And I can decide what toilet paper I buy with my money.
And regarding the english version of the book. I'm kinda lazy and I'm also a little afraid that my english skills are not developed enough to understand everything.
I actually like you doing this, but it would be nice if it were from English version, it's also sort of sad that BW fuckers get any money from this but I guess it can't be avoided, so thanks for taking one for the team.

Will it surpass the epic that was Deception?
That would be difficult, perhaps even impossible, but let's see what Padzi will tell us.

Yeah it's always hard when you know you are supporting such cucks but my curiosity got the best of me. When I'll finish the book I'll compare it to Deception, but I don't think Nexus Uprising stands any chance. Deception was so bad it was like a train wreck it was hard to look away.

Tytus

Arcane
I actually like you doing this, but it would be nice if it were from English version, it's also sort of sad that BW fuckers get any money from this but I guess it can't be avoided, so thanks for taking one for the team.

You've not experienced Nexus Uprising until you have read him in the original Klingon.

:rpgcodex:

Padzi

Arbiter
Can someone please explain to me, why Bioware turned into a SJW filled hivemind?! What and how this happened? I mean so many SJWs worked on Andromeda.
When did Bioware start follow this dark path?

pippin

Right after BG1 was released, because that game attracted audiences who wanted more romances and shit like that. The first examples of BSN retardation started to appear back then too. People are memeing that Bioware was never good and while it's unfair to good games like BG2, it's not that far off. KOTOR was a big blockbuster which put Bioware in a situation where they could have kept going on as an independent developer and publisher like Bethesda did, but they chose (yes, they chose) to go for EA as a publisher. Everything they made after Mass Effect, and including Mass Effect, can be traced to stuff they have always done. This mixture of anime-like characters and storylines and faggy SJW ideals has always been there. I do miss the spandex clad female fighters from the Infiniy Engine though.

Edit. According to my own memory, one Bioware person said KOTOR was so big it allowed them to delay Dragon Age for... ahem... ages, and make Jade Empire by themselves. KOTOR was apparently making so much money on its own that it was keeping them afloat just by existing. The game sold itself. But that's what happening with Marvel and Star Wars comics right now, so I guess they didn't wanted to be stuck in that rut forever and chose to go to EA...

DeepOcean

Arcane
Literally, they are scraping the bottom of the barrel with their SJW retardation, nowdays on Bioware somehow you being a man that dresses like a woman or having purple hair are the only qualifications you need, no wonder Prospermeda turned the way it did.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Can someone please explain to me, why Bioware turned into a SJW filled hivemind?! What and how this happened? I mean so many SJWs worked on Andromeda.

I'm pretty sure Bioware is just a reflection of what's happening in a lot of creative industries. I blame American universities, particularly their liberal arts programs.

Take a look at present-day literary agent twitter accounts sometime. Hard to differentiate between them and Biodrone devs.

Last edited:

confrico

Novice
People support companies that share their values. Liberals will support a company even if it just sneezes liberalism. Super bonus points if their CEO takes a controversial stance on an issue that you support. Bioware wrote a few plots about "savages" persecuting "minority" groups, and how we should learn from our past mistakes. Liberals caught a whiff of the company's apparent liberal values and descended like flies to shit.

DemonKing

Arcane
It's probably an issue where a couple of SJWs got hired and over time, when they got to make hires, they hired other SJWs until a culture developed and you could only get hired if you were a SJW.

Now any manager worth their salt knows the worst thing you can do is hire someone just like you. You want to hire someone that fills the gaps missing in the current team not someone who will simply reinforce/replicate what the current team does/is. True diversity will usually net you a better end product than something created by a bunch of people subscribing to a common ethos.

Latelistener

Arcane
If you're not an ass licker and do not share the same kind of ideas as the rest that SJW Biobrew, you probably won't last iong in this company.

People support companies that share their values. Liberals will support a company even if it just sneezes liberalism. Super bonus points if their CEO takes a controversial stance on an issue that you support. Bioware wrote a few plots about "savages" persecuting "minority" groups, and how we should learn from our past mistakes. Liberals caught a whiff of the company's apparent liberal values and descended like flies to shit.

That's a total fallicy that big publishers, producers etc. fall into. There are no SJW dollars, the only thing that SJW's support is things they can be seen to support. Which is why they do well with other SJW's in the pateron market. Basically they are like dumb cunts walking around in public with about two dozen badges on supporting causes they donate to. "This is for aids, this is for greenpeace, this is for cancer children etc. etc."

If you actually look at products marketed towards them you see how the eternally outraged never buy a damn thing even if they are pandered to, despite the entire media shilling that you have to buy this product as a moral duty to oppose the bigots. Just look at the amount of publicity that walking simulators like Gone Home or that other shit thing in the not Cuban flat got compared to how many copies they sold. Or the great success of the female Ghostbusters.

Mass Effect sells because of the name, though this latest itenaration will be lucky to break even and has tainted the name far worse than ME3 did. Mass Effect dosen't sell all that well to degenarates, sure they buy it but they are a miniscule but hugely vocal and visible minority. There are probably only a about 10 thousand or so of these degenarate wazzucks all around the world and about ten percent of them are making demands. If Bioware told them to fuck off and made their hero a male Clint Eastwood take no shit character, who can fuck anything for shits and giggles and take the piss out of ugly aliens and gays and if they made a half decent game to go with it, they would probably sell millions more copies from guys who play games for fun and only complain if the game crashes, their wife comes home, or they run out of beer or multiplayer maps and microtransactions.

It's like throwing a party and ignoring all your guests to pander to the wallflower. "Oh you don't like meat, oh then we'll get rid of the buffet, oh you don't like strippers oh we'll get rid of them, oh you don't the like Queen tribute band because it's gay approriation and cultural appropration from Zanzibar..." Before you know it you turn around and everybodies left the party and you still can't please the daft cunt you're pandering to.

Last edited:
It's probably an issue where a couple of SJWs got hired and over time, when they got to make hires, they hired other SJWs until a culture developed and you could only get hired if you were a SJW.

Now any manager worth their salt knows the worst thing you can do is hire someone just like you. You want to hire someone that fills the gaps missing in the current team not someone who will simply reinforce/replicate what the current team does/is. True diversity will usually net you a better end product than something created by a bunch of people subscribing to a common ethos.

That's fair if you're being within reason, but there is no way I would hire some ugly SJW nutbag who finds everything 'problematic,' and want's to file sexual harrasment charges because the coffee machine has run out of free tampons even though they are a transwoman with a penis. It's much better to hire some dumb good looking skirt, they might not do the job all that well but it's good for moral and team performance. If you're a woman and you see your guy whistling as he goes to work even while his sick, then now you know why:lol:

Tytus

Arcane
Right after BG1 was released, because that game attracted audiences who wanted more romances and shit like that. The first examples of BSN retardation started to appear back then too. People are memeing that Bioware was never good and while it's unfair to good games like BG2, it's not that far off. KOTOR was a big blockbuster which put Bioware in a situation where they could have kept going on as an independent developer and publisher like Bethesda did, but they chose (yes, they chose) to go for EA as a publisher. Everything they made after Mass Effect, and including Mass Effect, can be traced to stuff they have always done. This mixture of anime-like characters and storylines and faggy SJW ideals has always been there. I do miss the spandex clad female fighters from the Infiniy Engine though.

Edit. According to my own memory, one Bioware person said KOTOR was so big it allowed them to delay Dragon Age for... ahem... ages, and make Jade Empire by themselves. KOTOR was apparently making so much money on its own that it was keeping them afloat just by existing. The game sold itself. But that's what happening with Marvel and Star Wars comics right now, so I guess they didn't wanted to be stuck in that rut forever and chose to go to EA...

Well I heard a similar but a little different story. Though I don't know if it holds any truth. Supposedly when KOTOR happened and they were swimming in money they felt confident enough to map a plan of making another new IP (Mass Effect then called SFX) and Jade Empire by themselves while also making Dragon Age. There was a time (in 2004) Where they started development on ME, were still in the middle of DA and were finishing JE. They were burning money like crazy, but still felt safe enough thanks to the safety net created by KOTOR and they were counting on that sweet JE dough. But JE sales did not meet their expectations. DA got delayed again and by 2007 their money-well dried up. Bioware found itself in a position where it was possible it wouldn't be able to finish DA especially if ME would flop (and after JE they weren't so sure of themselves anymore). So they went for EA support to avoid a possible disaster. They got used to having a safety net and started shitting themselves when that net was gone and one of their games performed poorly. So basicall Bioware sold themselves to Satan to avoid the company going under in a case of Mass Effect flopping/underperforming.

Though like I said, I don't know if this version holds enough water to be actually true.

Padzi

Arbiter
So it appears that back in the day Bioware were staffed with people that actually tried to make good games and had passion for the job. But now they only want to make money and the company is filled with people who treat it like tedious 9-5 job - get payed and get the job with least amount effort needed.

And because the execs that nown are running the company don't understand how game developemt works they are going backward instead of forward. They are trying to push SJW politics to pander to mainstream game media for profit and this in turn attracts SJW-minded work force. Causing a feedback loop. The more they pander to the SJWs the more SJWs they have on board and the more SJWs they have on board the more they pander.

And because they are filled with rejects and untalented people that don't think like a human beings would we get such abominations like Andromeda.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
people who treat it like tedious 9-5 job
This does tend to happen when number of employees grow until most are just pawns whose opinions and ambitions for the game aren't considered. If they can't put all their energy into the game and have no agency, then they start focussing on office conditions and politics, setting the table for the SJW takeover. This is at least a contributing factor.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
So basicall Bioware sold themselves to Satan

On behalf of my business associate Mr. Louis Cyphre I am compelled to present you with a Cease and Desist order. While mr. Cyphre does admit and agree that, in basic terms, his evilness is comparable to that of Electronic Arts Inc., he would like me to remind you that he is a gentleman of wealth and taste, which qualities are severely lacking in BioWare's current owner.

schaltbock

Novice

There was a post about this on SA back in March

Bioware doesn't exist anymore.

DA:O was a surprise success that took 6ish years to make and almost everyone working at Bioware to put out the door. EA had no faith in it, and suddenly it was one of their top selling franchises. So they did what EA does to highly successful franchises, and asked Bioware to make another one. Except for this new one, they wanted it started and finished in under a year, as they had a dream of an annual RPG franchise. Mind you that's hard enough to pull off for FPS games which are relatively simple to make with multiple teams. Bioware was expected to put together a full length AAA RPG in 6-7 months while also putting out the last of the DA:O DLC.

This killed the company. Huge swathes of people up and quit. They couldn't handle the stress. They couldn't handle what they were expected to do. Every single major program director and creative lead left the company during this year period where they were developing DA2. Go look at LinkedIn profiles for the major people that worked on DA:O, and more then half of them suddenly leave Bioware in 2010. The combat director quit and wasn't replaced for months, so they had no real lead directing what the combat should have been during that period. Major story beats and combat ideas got forced into the game in the final months of 2010 not because they were good, but because the game needed to ship in a few months and it needed to get out the door. To help the DA team actually finish DA2 in a somewhat annual fashion, they drew most of the ME2 team off ME, throwing them into this grinder as well.

By the time DA2 launched, around half if not more of the original "Bioware" was gone. Go through the credits of DA:O, ME1, or ME2 and start LinkedIning people, none of them work for Bioware anymore. Most left between 2010 and 2012.

It's been a pretty steady drain since then. Compare the credits list of Inquisition to the credits list of DA:O or DA2. It's almost an entirely new team, and it's a team that Bioware specifically hired to replace the losses from DA2. It's why so many styles have changed since then, why the gameplay changed so steadily, and why they chose to try so many new things. Because Inquisition wasn't made by the DA:O team trying their hand at open world game design. It was maybe 1/6th of the guys that even touched DA:O/DA2 suddenly getting an influx of new blood, most of it Bioware fans finally getting a chance to work for the company they loved, that had great new ideas for what they wanted out of future Bioware games.

It's the same for the ME team. The brain drain has been bad, and the development of Andromeda has apparently picked off massive chunks of the team. The lead writer of the group was the lead writer for Halo 4, and he apparently clashed with a lot of the senior writers/main writers of previous ME games. A whole bunch of goon favorite ME writers have quit the company, and on various development forums have mentioned it was due to creative differences with the former lead writer. Gameplay leads have been leaving the ME/Bioware teams at a pretty steady pace since the game was developed as well. The story had to be picked up mid completion as the lead writer got forced out/quit and replaced, which likely doesn't mean great things for the narrative ( which we are also seeing here. ). Andromeda has currently had the great slow drip of Bioware talent since the dark days of 2010 when DA2 "killed" the company. They've been forced to cycle talent multiple times during the development of Andromeda, not just in management ( which has seen multiple complete turnovers ), but also among the rank and file people working on the game.

This isn't to say Andromeda can't be great, or that it won't live up to the hype. I'm personally hoping it does because I need something to play right now. But if it's good, it'll be good on it's own merits and it's own merits alone, rather then because "it's a Bioware game, I like Bioware!". Because Bioware doesn't exist anymore, it's a completely new entity and needs to be treated as such. People really need to be viewing this as "EA'S NEW ACQUISITION, BIOWARE VICTORY'S FIRST RPG. HOPE IT'S GOOD." rather then "Bioware always makes quality. I know what I'll get here.". As it is right now, EA is propping up Bioware's corpse with a new studio and hoping people don't notice while they keep using it as their RPG house.

Tytus

Arcane

40 minutes of nothing but a showcase of bugs and coming from this one person's game. Great job, Bioware. Your QA is top notch, best in the business.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
40 minutes of nothing but a showcase of bugs and coming from this one person's game. Great job, Bioware. Your QA is top notch, best in the business.

QA doesn't help you if your publisher forces you to rush the release to pad their quarterly report with some quick cash. I don't like highlighting the bug issue in MEA that much coz then the impression is if only the bugs were ironed out we'd have a good game in our hands. Which is a profound misunderstanding.

Starwars

Arcane
If you look at Bioware's games, it's pretty easy to tell just where EA stepped into the picture. I mean, Bioware were dumbing down their own games of course but there is a pretty noticeable drop in quality that I felt started with ME3. I never liked the ME series that much but I remember thinking "what the hell?" when I first saw that janky ass running animation when I played the opening of ME3. Wasn't exactly what I would expect, especially not considering how much better ME2 was in the "grafix AAA awsum!!11" feel than ME1 was. Then ME3 comes out and it's like... what happened?

pippin

I think the decline of Bioware has more to do with older and more experienced people leaving the company instead of direct corporate meddling. Actually we could say EA has been extremely tolerant of Bioware so far....

Freddie

Savant

I could imagine that in creating something that BW claims it's trying to do and actually try to keep building name of your franchise, true diversity is necessity. But what we are seeing here looks like result of something else, something very toxic.

Well I heard a similar but a little different story. Though I don't know if it holds any truth. Supposedly when KOTOR happened and they were swimming in money they felt confident enough to map a plan of making another new IP (Mass Effect then called SFX) and Jade Empire by themselves while also making Dragon Age. There was a time (in 2004) Where they started development on ME, were still in the middle of DA and were finishing JE. They were burning money like crazy, but still felt safe enough thanks to the safety net created by KOTOR and they were counting on that sweet JE dough. But JE sales did not meet their expectations. DA got delayed again and by 2007 their money-well dried up. Bioware found itself in a position where it was possible it wouldn't be able to finish DA especially if ME would flop (and after JE they weren't so sure of themselves anymore). So they went for EA support to avoid a possible disaster. They got used to having a safety net and started shitting themselves when that net was gone and one of their games performed poorly. So basicall Bioware sold themselves to Satan to avoid the company going under in a case of Mass Effect flopping/underperforming.

Though like I said, I don't know if this version holds enough water to be actually true.
That would make sense though. I don't think everyone at least was actually very pleased with romance crowd and it would just make more sense that there were bigger financial questions on the table than few people perving on their forums.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom