Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls VI Speculation

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
TES 6 is gonna be the greatest game Todd Howard made.
if its coming on ps 5 we are 2-3 years away..... it will be 10 years after skyrim...... new TES 6 is developed 10 years, thats almost Grimoire cycle development.

Imagine a AAA publisher like Zenimax is funding and allowing Bethesda to work so long on this. TES 6 must be something special.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
TES 6 is gonna be the greatest game Todd Howard made.
if its coming on ps 5 we are 2-3 years away..... it will be 10 years after skyrim...... new TES 6 is developed 10 years, thats almost Grimoire cycle development.

Imagine a AAA publisher like Zenimax is funding and allowing Bethesda to work so long on this. TES 6 must be something special.
It'll be special, true.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
it feels like the building in hearthfire and f4 is a beta test for building in TES 6 where it will directly impact main story and gameplay.

For example building your castle defenses to hold off the main story raid or smth.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
it feels like the building in hearthfire and f4 is a beta test for building in TES 6 where it will directly impact main story and gameplay.

That will piss the hell out of the LARPers. Never happening.

Some more likely ideas:

• Neural network NPCs
  • The Sims-level character customisability
  • Massive, Daggerfall-sized open world
  • Survival elements

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
I wonder how it will look. The overall art-direction. I can imagine that a cel-shading pixar approach is seriously discussed right now. I think it's one of the last remaining mass market gimmicks they didn't use already.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
i wonder if 6 will be the one where they finally admit their system is garbage, go ahead and just rip off dark messiah.

Could Elder Scrolls VI finally be the one to dump Gamebryo? Could Witcher 3's sound thrashing of both Skyrim and Fallout 4 finally convince Bethesda to innovate and hire competent people? Could RadiantAI finally become a thing and not just a slogan? Could Tamriel finally see non-button-mashing combat?

And then I took reality to the knee and saw Todd Howard prancing around yelling Fus-Do-Rah.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Could Elder Scrolls VI finally be the one to dump Gamebryo? Could Witcher 3's sound thrashing of both Skyrim and Fallout 4 finally convince Bethesda to innovate and hire competent people? Could RadiantAI finally become a thing and not just a slogan? Could Tamriel finally see non-button-mashing combat?

And then I took reality to the knee and saw Todd Howard prancing around yelling Fus-Do-Rah.

There are rumours that TES 6 will be proceduraly generated like Daggerfall but with key content hand crafted

Daggerfall was terrible though. There is nothing as boring as shallow procedural content. If you do procedural, you gotta go the Dwarf Fortress route, lots of in-depth systems interacting and creating emergent content. Somehow I doubt Bethesda can do something like this. I don't think they have designed a single elegant system in their entire history.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
8iFpKol.jpg

Tosh Raka gnna make Dragonborn his bitch

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Could Witcher 3's sound thrashing of both Skyrim and Fallout 4 finally convince Bethesda to innovate and hire competent people?
According to Steamspy, Witcher 3 has 2,943,828 owners. Fallout 4 has 4,184,188, and Skyrim has 11,488,181. And that's just on PC, where users have much more monocled tastes. I wouldn't call that a sound thrashing.

8iFpKol.jpg

Tosh Raka gnna make Dragonborn his bitch
Akavir would be cool, but studios making high-budget productions don't like to take risks. Elder Scrolls 6 will be another generic medieval setting, because the vast majority of gamers prefer the familiar over the new and interesting.

pippin

According to Steamspy, Witcher 3 has 2,943,828 owners. Fallout 4 has 4,184,188, and Skyrim has 11,488,181. And that's just on PC, where users have much more monocled tastes. I wouldn't call that a sound thrashing.

le bigger sales meme

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Akavir would be cool, but studios making high-budget productions don't like to take risks. Elder Scrolls 6 will be another generic medieval setting, because the vast majority of gamers prefer the familiar over the new and interesting.
Actually what's kind of funny is that in my high school at least, I see more people say that they would prefer far less generic settings. Then again, we're also a high school that has a weekly group that plays Dungeons and Dragons so maybe we're just a little more :obviously: than other schools.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
D&D players always talk about how much they love Planescape and Dark Sun, but when it's time to start a campaign they always choose Forgotten Realms or a homebrew setting that's even more generic.

pippin

Actually what's kind of funny is that in my high school at least, I see more people say that they would prefer far less generic settings. Then again, we're also a high school that has a weekly group that plays Dungeons and Dragons so maybe we're just a little more :obviously: than other schools.

All schools have dnd groups. In fact I was surprised to learn this. But pnp is almost a normie thing now. I's probably what ends up happening when you have to resort to Vin DIesel as the "face" of your product.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Akvir, an entirely different continent with it's own kingdoms and empires, would be made into a Tamriel province sized themepark by modern Beth. You do not want this

It will be Akvir

600437115.jpg

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Akvir, an entirely different continent with it's own kingdoms and empires, would be made into a Tamriel province sized themepark by modern Beth. You do not want this

It will be Akvir

600437115.jpg

Please kill yourself or stop making stupid assumptions based on nothing

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom