Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Arcanum Multiverse Edition

agris

Arcane
Patron
BTW, bros. I dug out my high resolution patch sources today and have been working on it the whole day. The Ruskie programmer is still MIA, so it's just me playing with my dick for the moment.

I removed the stupid command line prompts, it now has an .ini file, with way more settings. You can no go windowed, change the renderer to software (no need for the -no3d command line argument anymore), set the scrolling distance back to the original behavior or make it infinite, etc. Also, there's now an option that allows you to do this. How cool is that?

I'm also fixing all the remaining bugs. Will add black backgrounds to the main menu and ending slides, and will possible increase object limits for vicinity checks and tile distance for AI and animations, etc.

Any requests?

Could you add an option to black out the gameworld when accessing the inventory to replicate the original experience of only seeing the inventory panel?

Poseidon

Educated
Could you add an option to black out the gameworld when accessing the inventory to replicate the original experience of only seeing the inventory panel?

I'm pretty sure every mod of Arcanum did exactly the opposite (to what end idk, but I find myself liking it better that way). It doesn't seem like a major change, so maybe it can be optional?

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Seems really cool!
Won't this cause problems in quests and behaviors that start when it comes into the player's sight?
No, it's exactly like sector pre-loading in Bethesda's games. Run the game with -scrolldist:0 and scroll away for a bit to see what I'm talking about.

The vicinity checks in scripts you're talking about were originally tied to the game's draw area resolution (which was 800x400 in the original), they got fucked when I upped the resolution, so I hardcoded them to 800x400 in the previousy released version. Currently working on expanding them back to full screen. Otherwise quest related objects and NPCs pop in and out where you can see it, it's kinda jarring.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Junmarko, no, Arcanum doesn't support bilinear scaling, only nearest-neighbor interpolation.

Do you want it to look like a pretentious indie pixel art game? lol

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Get a bigger display (or prescription glasses) bro, the HUD is fine in 1080p. But yeah it kinda looks like JA2 at that point.

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I would like to see the official modules inside the main one. Like the mod WIP did with Vormantown.
Not likely going to happy and it might dis-balance the game somewhat, but that way we actually be playing them one in a while.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Requests:
Reloading as an action in (not possibly but whatevs)
Ammo types: Elephant rounds, shotgun shells, different types of rifle ammo, revolver ammo types, etc.

Mirthless

Educated
I've encountered some strange bugs in this mod including a bug which crashes the game and increases my screen brightness whenever I speak to a specific Tarantian merchant, also each crash keeps increasing the screen brightness.

The first time I discovered this bug was when I tried to barter with the dwarven smith and the game just crashed. Initially I thought this was just some random crash so I restarted the game, loaded the save and went to the guy to barter but yet again the game crashed and every attempt thereafter ended in a crash. It's worth noting that it was only the dwarven smith dude that was bugged and every other merchant was fine. Having read this thread before installing the mod I was aware of savegame corruption so luckily having a seperate folder with several saves I simply deleted the old save and used one of the other saves unfortunately losing some progress but not so much to make a fuss over it.
Loading the save I checked all the merchants in Tarants just to make sure they were safe and indeed none of them were bugged so off I was to regain my lost progress.
Having done some quests it was time to sell my loot and everything went fine, the dwarven smith was not bugged to my delight, but as I tried to barter with the technology dealer to sell some scrap parts the game crashed. Again just to be one hundred percent sure this was the same bug but with a different merchant I checked every other merchant and none of them crashed when bartering with them.
Somewhere inbetween taking quests, doing them and then selling the loot I trigger this bug or corrupt the save or whatever.

Now I have the option to simply play the game without that one merchant something I'd rather not do which leaves me here asking if there is anyone able to shed some light on this issue. I'll write down the things I did (not necessarily in the exact order) before the bug occurs.
Having taken the crystal ball quest I started the art theft quest before going to the medium next to Madam Lil's. I sided with the poorfag medium then I went to the fraud to give her the crystal ball resulting in her death, which gave me the oppertunity to strip her body of a very nice +20 reaction dress.
Next stop was at the commercial district where I savescummed to succesefully pickpocket the ogre and get the key to the chest, I know what you might say but I really wanted to save my first fate point to pickpocket another ogre who has a key to a chest containing 3600 gold (which ironically I never got to do because of the crashes). I brought the painting to its rightful owner then I went to Jared to tell him his bitch wife died in the blimp crash then I ordered the gravestone for the now grieving Jared.
Last place to visit was the vermin infested factory at the Tarantian docks, I agreed with the halfling to clear it and after clearing most rats out I go out to the place where the gypsy has her caravan and I save then sleep until I get fully healed which during this time one of two things will happen:

Scenario A.
I get attacked by wolves turning the gypsy woman and her dog hostile towards me and not the wolves so I reload the game.

Scenario B.
The wolves attack the cow, gypsy woman + dog squad joins the frey ganging up on the cow, this is her own cow mind you, which leads to scenario A once the cow is dead.

After having reloaded and healed myself without encoutering the wolves I clear out the remaining rats, take all the tech stuff and then finish the quest. Afterwards I store the shit I need like CK sugar and fertalizer then I head to sell the loot and that's where I discover one of the merchants is randomly bugged. If anyone knows anything that would help solve this problem I'd appreciate it.

There are some other issues I've come across playing this mode and here are some of them:

Whener I go into combat mode and press alt + left click to attack the game freezes and I am forced to momentarily tab out to fix it. This shit is the absolute worst especially when I have to destroy containers or doors.

The beggar in Shrouded hills will tell you he is in need of 10 gold and if you decide to spare him some gold his affection will increase by a 20 digit number, he must've really needed those 10 coins. I am not sure if this is a recurring bug or just random.

Some halfling males in Tarant are naked (the factory quest guy and the guy next to the fortune teller fraud for examply)

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Request: Adapt follower NPC level to the PC level when meeting up with them.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Bros, I know this is a stupid question, but does it fix the problem with screen going black after the actual game starts (after the Zephyr crash CG movie)?

Macbeth

Scholar
Mirthless, could you please provede saves/screens with all (or most) mentiond issues? It will be much easier for us to fix them if they really exist.

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Bros, I know this is a stupid question, but does it fix the problem with screen going black after the actual game starts (after the Zephyr crash CG movie)?
If you're a laptop user; I fixed this issue by using my integrated graficscard instead of the Nvidia one

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Mind sharing the new version? Quite the fan of your previous one
This new version also works with all 3 versions of Virgil.

And it's not in the "can I ask you some questions" menu anymore. You equip the GB ring and click on Virgil, and there it is. So much for exploiting the Codexian "equip the ring" meme, lol.

It will be included in the new version of the UAP, wait for it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom