Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Eh, sorry chumps, but ALL of PB games have been fun. Not shitty, or slighltly less shitty. From Gothic 1 to Risen 3, ive played them all and had nothing but enjoyment. ELEX will probably be as janky as they come and far from polished, but again, no other company makes games like PB so im all over it if its decent enough. I like perfect, polished and 10/10 games as much as anyone else, doesnt mean there is no fun to be had with those that arent held in high regard.

I have played and enjoyed so many poorly revewed games that either i have low standards or reviewers are shmucks.
Can't account for taste, mine included (I enjoy console popamole games after all).

I just can't abide for the decline in quality in their games, the last game I thought was truly good from them was Gothic 2. Risen 1 was 50% good.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I also had fun with all of their games so far. But I also found the quality drop from Gothic 2 to Risen 3 rather.... obvious.
Still, I'll give this one a try for sure.

It is a bit like going to cinema, watching some action flick. You know you won't get something you'll be thinking of days after. But you will be entertained. Hopefully.

Certainly no day 1 purchase, but after some patching and maybe a sale.

Last edited:

decaf

Learned
It has:
✓ animation
✓ voice acting
✓ platforming hidden stuff (the ancient and forgotten art of giving a shit about your maps :obviously:)
✓ no door loading screens (aka no gamebyro :obviously:)
✓ a game​

It's already better than ME:A and FO4.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
The graphics look like Skyrim
Gameplay looks like something from 2005
UI look like modern console shit
the idea of piranha bytes behind this game is something out of 2000

what a weird combination indeed

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Seems that you don't get the jetpack at start, so atleast it's not retarded like Fallout 4 where you get power armor at start

Latelistener

Arcane
Judging by that 40 minutes demo, it won't be long until you get it. The character looks like a bum, without any proper equipment, but already has the jetpack.

:cmcc:

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Looks like a Pirahna Bytes RPG trough and trough, all right. And that's fine by me, I've enjoyed all of them to greater or lesser extent.

Kahr

People always told about that chocolate ice cream with shit in the bottom which represends PB games.
Maybe PB have conditioned me to like eating their shit, because sometimes you can still taste rests of the chocolate ice cream.

Jarmaro

Liturgist

16:20 That's most pathetic animation I've seen this year. Literally felt discomfort just by watching it.

I cannot endure watching it more than just gazing on frames, but it feels so wooden it must be on purpose.
Protagonist direction changing while walking is literally worse than Gothic's from 2000.
I am insulted by this gameplay. I am insulted by this game. I am insulted beceause they are cocky enough to think anyone would buy this after showing this shit.
I literally despise this game.

So far.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I remember, PB, I remember. The same thing happened with your release trailers of the last two Risen games. "They're just like Gothic!" you said. "We're going back to our roots!" you said. You even made it look real. Lies, damn lies, and PB previews.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

16:20 That's most pathetic animation I've seen this year. Literally felt discomfort just by watching it.

I cannot endure watching it more than just gazing on frames, but it feels so wooden it must be on purpose.
Protagonist direction changing while walking is literally worse than Gothic's from 2000.
I am insulted by this gameplay. I am insulted by this game. I am insulted beceause they are cocky enough to think anyone would buy this after showing this shit.
I literally despise this game.

So far.

chill out bro. mass effect amdromeda literally looks worse

Latelistener

Arcane
They shouldn't make cutscenes if they don't have decent animators.
It's not that hard to avoid it, since there are other ways for storytelling.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The animations in the cutscenes etc are not important, who cares. But the combat looks very clunky - although this is kind of a standard for PB I guess?
Also personally I still can't get into the "post-apoc with swords" concept but that's another issue

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Just flipping through the preview a bit I'm also getting a bit of an Outcast feel.

It is a good pain.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom