Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Anime is a mistake.

But you know that moment when a successful attack has been delivered:

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire?update=360#updates

Update #32 - Slacker Backer Totals and Backer Portal Changes
POSTED: 04/29/2017
Hello again, backers and fans! We have a few updates for you today, starting with our Slacker Backer totals.

Slacker Backer Totals
Sadly, today is the day where we stop counting Slacker Backer funding towards our stretch goals. At 5PM PDT our game will officially be 'content locked', meaning that no new content will be put into Pillars II. Here are our totals:
  • Fig Slacker Backers - $124,940
  • Backer Portal - $172,986
The total amount of money we received from Slacker Backers was $297,926, bringing our grand total to:

$4,705,524
We didn't hit $4.75M, which means we didn't make our Sea Monsters & Fishing stretch goal. However, we'd like to thank you for all of your contributions to this campaign. Because of you, Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire is possible. We promise to make Pillars II an amazing sequel that will immerse you in breathtaking new environments and present you with brand new adventures as you journey through Eora once again. Thank you, from all of us here at Obsidian!

https%3A%2F%2Fd3pylr1apgoxnh.cloudfront.net%2Fcampaign_body_images%2Fimages%2F2efb351d9efdc8ffc5cbdec7a9387169ea3f689b%2Foriginal.jpg%3F1493419322

Backer Portal Changes
Even though our Slacker Backer funding no longer counts towards stretch goals, you can still back through Fig and our Backer Portal if you want to get backer rewards or add-ons! New backers (i.e. anyone who makes a new backer pledge after May 12th) will still be able to contribute to the overall campaign total up until we begin pre-orders for Pillars II, which will happen at the end of this year.

Starting on Friday, May 12th at 5PM PDT, some of our reward tiers will no longer be available. These include:
  • Create A Super-Pet
  • Create an Inn
  • Own An Island
  • Build a Pirate Party
  • Top Backer
Additionally, on May 12th, reward prices will increase by about 20% for new backers only. Here is the updated list of prices and tiers available:
  • Digital Download - $35
  • Premium Digital - $54
  • Physical Box - $70 + S&H
  • Ultimate Digital - $79
  • Complete Pillars Bundle - $95
  • Early Access + Credits - $115
  • Early Access + Credits + Box - $125 + S&H
  • Collector's Edition - $175 + S&H
  • Elite Collector's Edition - $240 + S&H
  • Signed Elite Collector's Edition - $299 + S&H
  • Name a Pet - $599
  • Create an Item - $899
  • Portrait IV - $2,250 + S&H
  • Create a Spell - $3,500
Most Add-Ons will also increase in price slightly, starting May 12th.

Those people who have already backed Pillars II and confirmed their pledges on our Backer Portal may modify their pledges at any time, without increased reward prices.

Fig Slacker Backer Ending Date
If you're interested in becoming a new backer and want to contribute through the Fig site, you will be able to do so until Friday, May 12th at 5PM PDT. At that time, Fig Slacker Backer funding will be turned off, and you will need to back through our Backer Portal instead of Fig. However, you can still come to Fig for any updates and news we release!

Backer Surveys
In other news, we are finalizing surveys for our $500+ backers who are creating content for our game, and will be sending out those surveys and emails at the beginning of May. At the same time, additional surveys will be sent out to everyone who will have their name in our credits. Thanks for your patience, and we can't wait to hear all of your awesome content ideas!

Thank you again for all your support. We couldn't do this without you!

Feel free to discuss this update over on our forums.

Last edited by a moderator:

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Didn't they have a bunch of shitty stretch goals before the the Sea Monster one? I wonder if they thought it was a cool enough idea that they would get people to pledge or if they really didn't want to do it so they threw it in at the end.

Anyway at least they are not wasting effort/time/money on a the waifu.

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

wtf right? Like WTF!! :argh:

how can there not be sea monsters in a game with a pirate crew? A pirate ship? An archipelago to sail around? Fulvano's Sea-Ship-Sea-Safe Voyage? A Splintered Reef? An idol statue of a sea monster! Maia a naval captain and her sky scout Ishiza? Sea monsters on maps! Pillars books mentioning sea monsters. Advertisement of party on a pirate ship battling a sea monster in the middle of the sea and the crew being dragged into the depths to be fed on by a large snapping beak that can crush a wooden hull in two right?

WTF! :argh:

sorry you did not reach that goal but it is okay right just disregard the marketing department and its sea monster art we put everywhere! Gosh at least use what money you got to put in dolphins jumping ahead of your ship when sailing or the random whale plume in the distance since we also won't get a harpoon to shoot sea monsters or whales now that fishing is out too but fishing is boring in rl so glad it never made it who wants to sit around waiting for three hours for a fish to bite but maybe at least it could have been tied into getting attacked by a sea monster right?

all that artwork everywhere and how you can go sailing the high seas and visit islands and have pirate ship battles but no sea monsters??? they have to do sea monsters. they have to.

very disappointed. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thanks,
Sherry

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm going to go on a limb here and say there will still be *some* sea monsters, but only in the context of some quests (maybe only in the main quest), while this stretch goal was to populate the map with them. At least I hope so, but hope is a cruel mistress. Also, DLC.

BilboBaggins

Educated
Glad we dodged a bullet with Ydwin. All of these creepers suddenly came out of the woodwork when she was announced and I was forced to learn what waifu, weeaboo, yandere, and tsundere are. Someone even posted that they would be less hyped for the game if she wasn't in it. I can never go back to a normal life again.

BilboBaggins

Educated
Hi.

wtf right? Like WTF!! :argh:

how can there not be sea monsters in a game with a pirate crew? A pirate ship? An archipelago to sail around? Fulvano's Sea-Ship-Sea-Safe Voyage? A Splintered Reef? An idol statue of a sea monster! Maia a naval captain and her sky scout Ishiza? Sea monsters on maps! Pillars books mentioning sea monsters. Advertisement of party on a pirate ship battling a sea monster in the middle of the sea and the crew being dragged into the depths to be fed on by a large snapping beak that can crush a wooden hull in two right?

WTF! :argh:

sorry you did not reach that goal but it is okay right just disregard the marketing department and its sea monster art we put everywhere! Gosh at least use what money you got to put in dolphins jumping ahead of your ship when sailing or the random whale plume in the distance since we also won't get a harpoon to shoot sea monsters or whales now that fishing is out too but fishing is boring in rl so glad it never made it who wants to sit around waiting for three hours for a fish to bite but maybe at least it could have been tied into getting attacked by a sea monster right?

all that artwork everywhere and how you can go sailing the high seas and visit islands and have pirate ship battles but no sea monsters??? they have to do sea monsters. they have to.

very disappointed. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thanks,
Sherry

The goal not met was for random encounters/mini-games while you are sailing around. They never said there wouldn't be any sea monsters whatsoever. They'll probably save this stretch goal idea for the DLC. https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire?update=281#updates

Also to save you some future heartbreak, this isn't a pirate game either, although there will be pirates in it.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Obsidian could implement sea monsters with this budget. After all, its guaranteed that the money will flow after this deadline date.

Its shame, really

Ruzen

Savant
I think they will add sea monsters eventually.
I pretty much think the same but they look way more planned than the first campaign so maybe for DLC.

they should invest the money on a good writer and composer instead.
I think Justin Bell did a fantastic job on soundtrack department. Giving the limitations he had, he could even produce much stronger pieces this time.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I may be in the minority here, but I'm glad they're not allocating dev resources tro stretch goals they didn't hit. Yeah, sea monsters would've been fun, but the playerbase had the option to try to pony up enough cash for it, and fell short. End of story. Feature creep is one of the easiest ways to screw up a project, so I'm glad they're sticking to their guns and their (admittedly approximate) estimates for how much those additional features would have cost, and only doing the ones that they actually raised the funds for.

Also, Sherry, you're raging a bit more than usual. Are you having Saturday wine again?

Delterius

Arcane
I may be in the minority here, but I'm glad they're not allocating dev resources tro stretch goals they didn't hit.
The point is that you'd expect sea monsters in this Age of Discovery esque fantasy adventure about the sea, sailing, seafaring and meeting sea things and sea creatures as well as sea cultures.

Hyperion

Arcane
Pretty sure Josh has mentioned there will be fights while traveling the ocean, specifically Pirates. I don't see why monsters wouldn't be included as well. When I read the stretch goal, I interpreted "Sea monsters" as something akin to the bounties from the first. If that's the case, it's a pretty big chunk of quality content lost imo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom