Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Expeditions: Viking Released

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not be able to capture slaves when using the non-lethal combat option is a pretty big missed opportunity. Especially since slaves are a thing in the game.

hivemind

Completed Denmark campaign with like 40% left on the timer and had to quit because I don't have the mental strength to NOT spend an hour obsessively camping around denmark until the timer runs out to minmax my resources.

Also is it possible to get 9 named companions in Denmark? I have 6 named people and then 3 custom made utility slave mercs from the merc hall but it just kinda feels meh having some literally who people in the party.

Starwars

Arcane
There are a few things that kinda drives me bonkers here. The looting mentioned is the biggest offender. Another is combat situations where enemies will just be able to take the first turn and attack you. At times this will result in one of your dudes going down with nothing you can do about it. You can still win the fight of course but it is just immensely annoying.

And I wish there was some way to bring up the UI for all your resources at any time. I want to be able to check on what I have at any point.

hivemind

Another is combat situations where enemies will just be able to take the first turn and attack you. At times this will result in one of your dudes going down with nothing you can do about it. You can still win the fight of course but it is just immensely annoying.
this

tho it happened only like 2 times to me, but it's incredibly unfun since you always have to lead with your main character in front and if they are a squishy or enemy has a couple of balanced bowmen you will die 100% of the time.

game also seems incredibly generous in skill points, I ignored like 2 obvious sidequests and maybe missed more since I didn't really explore the Denmark campaign map and still have essentially maxed all core skills that I need before even starting Britain campaign

Tigranes

Arcane
Avonaeon do you guys know what's up with rolling it out to GOG or even legit Steam version retailers like Green Man Gaming?

Barbarian

Arcane
I like the game so far, it has the best of Conquistador and it has it improved.

It feels unfinished though. Some stuff seems to have been forgotten about. For instance, I went through the trouble of sparing Erlingr's sons and then forgiving the old man and his family. I was expecting some consequence for my actions besides having my clan reputation sink for being considered a weakling. Perhaps being able to recruit his oldest son or suffering a new betrayal later. Perhaps they would help me later and provide strenght to the clan. Instead nothing happened. Quite disappointing.

Off course I could be completely wrong in this case and actually receive a positive or negative consequence for sparing them later. I doubt it though.

Also is it possible to get 9 named companions in Denmark? I have 6 named people and then 3 custom made utility slave mercs from the merc hall but it just kinda feels meh having some literally who people in the party.

I was wondering about that as well. One of the named companions I didn't even want to take(the fat old lady). Heck, why the hell would a viking expedition take a 40 something old fat single mother in anyway?

Hell, I might have even ditched the shieldmaiden if I could(and if she wasn't a content heavy character). The gay hunter is annoying as hell as well. The only two characters who even deserve the viking moniker are Gunnar and Asleifr, all the other companions are a bunch of biowarian sjw shitstains. I hope the choices improve once I leave denmark.

hivemind

I was wondering about that as well. One of the named companions I didn't even want to take(the fat old lady). Heck, why the hell would a viking expedition take a 40 something old fat single mother in anyway?
I maxed out her cooking and stole her unique item.

hivemind

Instead nothing happened. Quite disappointing.
if you gas them you get to use having an empty farm to solve another quest so there is at least some consequence but it's p disappointing to hear that nothing happens if you spare them

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Difficulty is a lot easier than the betas, I thought the final beta insane difficulty was pretty good, but it's like a breeze at the moment, at least in the first part of the game.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So after playing a couple more hours, now that the initial honeymoon is over the game doesn't seem so good anymore. It feels like I payed to beta test and some gameplay stuff is just tedious. I don't know how many scripted battles I have had now that started with me losing one or two guys because the combat starts in "enemy turn". Bowmen focus fire down healers and everything else, then you have to spend several days outside a city to heal. For some reason, at least not what I have noticed you can't pay a priest or something to heal your men. It's just tedious stuff. Had a strange encounter too. Got ambushed in a house, killed the ambushers, started to loot stuff. Noticed that I was stealing. Thought, well they attacked me and they are dead now so this is my right. But every time I looted something I lost reputation with the city... Why? Looting is also painful, the camera is damn annoying and trying to navigate the map is disorienting. I don't know man...

Conquistadors was so good.

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm enjoying this a lot more than Conquistador but some of the bugs and the whole enemy turn first thing are really annoying. Was the old witch supposed to disappear after the first convo? I think i remember she had a dialogue to pay her to heal you.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech

To cook & clean. Those are a thing in the game and apparently she is good at it out of the box.

If we are listing annoyances - going hungry is not indicated anywhere other than combat. I dont get indicator on travel map when someone will get hungry, I don't get a message about it and "Hungry" status is visible only in combat. Out of combat - you only have visible stat drop from no reason.

Also funny - you can challenge two dudes to eating challenge in the capital city. But participating in it does not remove hungry :D

sqeecoo

Arcane
So should I buy this? Or perhaps wait a bit? I liked Conquistadors, although I was also annoyed by it. Tried to replay it recently but found the interface to be unendurable for a second run.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Just found a bug. At the tomb's location, if you kill the farmers, when you pass through town your characters get ready for combat but it never starts, so you get stuck forever.

XgSJwte.jpg

Barbarian

Arcane
So should I buy this? Or perhaps wait a bit? I liked Conquistadors, although I was also annoyed by it. Tried to replay it recently but found the interface to be unendurable for a second run.

You should. I haven't began my britain ruin yet but the norwegian campaign played with no bugs.

I will regret having played it now if they add new content though.

Do you guys plan to have dlc/new content through patches?

Mark Richard

Arcane
Only a couple of hours in and am enjoying myself so far, but some of the names are hard to grasp. Listen ajzkagahajkls or whatever your name is, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, but basically I said it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom