Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Expeditions: Viking Released

jaydee2k

Savant
Where is the gog version?!

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
So Avonaeon ,three quick questions on skills:

- Execute has a bit ambiguous wording "Marks the target for killing blow next turn, which will instantly dismember them if deals any damage".. So basically I have to mark in turn 1 and then land unblocked hit on the enemy in turn 2? Do I need to hit the fellow with the same character that did the marking?

- When dual wielding (let's say axes) and using a basic attack - is the damage same as if I used axe&shield or is there some inherent bonus for dual wielding? If yes - Is it dependent on what is the second weapon or is there no difference (e.g. 2x axe and axe main knife off-hand basic attack is the same)?

- Backstabber skill - does it work with all weapons? Not exacty in description, but the idea of harrowing someone with a free action rock throw and then backstab to face with Dane Axe seems nasty.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Starwars

Arcane
Not a huge fan of the "let's place loot everywhere" thing. No, you don't have to collect it all but...

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Not a huge fan of the "let's place loot everywhere" thing. No, you don't have to collect it all but...

Not a big fan either. It even breaks immershun because it's kinda out of context - you're the chieftain of a clan and need to run around colleting garbage like a trashman. Would make sense if it was treasure looting when pillaging some village after a raid, but the way it's implemented makes only for a boring timesink.

Starwars

Arcane
I may be a retard here but can I rest somewhere in town or do I have to do it via camping in the wild?

hivemind

yeah the constant looting is extremely retarded

and it#s not like your OCD you can just ignore it because you seem to be reasonably tight on materials for weapon and homestead crafting

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Lol, you can still avoid the fighting in occupied campsites by loading the campsite save, as in the beta.
Dont you miss xp though?

No?

I may be a retard here but can I rest somewhere in town or do I have to do it via camping in the wild?

Camping in the Wild, you couldn't rest in town in Conquistador either although I think they added a paid healing service in a patch.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Now THAT is how you do difficulty options :salute:

0Tc7mUS.jpg

hivemind

tbh game seems like it would be complete snooze fest in combat at any lower setting

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Didn't realize the hardest difficulty is set as the default option.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm sad and disappointed
you can't sacrifice your campions you Godi like all good RPGs. Only options I can find is sacrificing 3 thralls or betraying him

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
From Steamcharts, looks like a good launch -- already at twice the max players Conquistador had, and I expect it'll hit its peak tomorrow somewhere even higher.

jungl

Augur
Whenever I play one of these looting simulator games or games with similar mechanics I wonder to myself. Why can't I tell one of many party members to go do that busy work for me. Whens the martial arts tournament expansion coming out? Where you have to travel to china to learn kung fu, russia to learn samba from russian bears (they were less recluse back then). Prowess in battle and in the bedroom from a visiting African KANG in france who would later be known as the great grandfather of mozart and da vinci.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Very entertaining game. Running around and collecting loot gets old pretty quick, but noone forces us to do that so I have nothing against it. Combat is a little bit too easy, but other then that - game sucked me in for a few hours. Not many games these days are able to do that.

Not a d1p for me as I have other gameplay going on right now. Eventually will get around to this one probably on a Steam sale. Have the free deluxe edition upgrade so am all set. Am curious as to how well the more well-known / bigger reviewers will treat this title ...

aratuk

Cipher
Bought on GOG. Might try to run it in a Wineskin later, so I won't have to fire up the ol' Windows partition. Fucker's gonna be screaming for its updates.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

and it#s not like your OCD you can just ignore it because you seem to be reasonably tight on materials for weapon and homestead crafting

Ribe is a OCD nightmare.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher

Ribe is a OCD nightmare.

Any looting is an OCD nightmare due to the clunky UI. Spending 10 seconds trying to mouse over that damn plant so that it finally highlights for picking up is infuriating.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom