Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Expeditions: Viking Released

hivemind

what's the 500mb patch about? Avonaeon

nevermind I found the changelog on steam

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Got a e-mail from devs with a gift code for BLood & Ice DLC only to find out that DLC is free on steam anyway.
What trickery is this?

Maybe they decided to make it free at the last minute? The soundtrack and art book isn't free though.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Writing is abysmal compared to the last game.What happen did they change writers? Also the combat is not very different from Conquistadors and a lot of skills are just plain useless.And AGAIN the camera angle is ridiculous, there is no excuse this time.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Well? Anyone played this yet? Buy, wait for bargain bin, pirate, never touch, torch down with napalm?

Starwars

Arcane
Just a while in but I'm liking it so far.

A few things though. First off, it feels kinda unpolished. Just a while ago I had to force the game to shut down because it got stuck somehow in combat, could move my characters around but could neither do any action nor end the turn. Then it just froze up. And the UI is... not good. Hard to read, ugly and not particularly fitting for the game's theme. And I can't stand the camera.

So yeah, feels a bit janky. But the setting and combat are really nice, can't wait to get in deeper into the game.

Also, does anyone else have horrible screen-tearing? I've got V-sync on.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
Just a while ago I had to force the game to shut down because it got stuck somehow in combat, could move my characters around but could neither do any action nor end the turn. Then it just froze up.

Which fight was this and how did you get to it? Also, did you use any abilities that caused this (Or did the enemy)?

Starwars

Arcane
Just a while ago I had to force the game to shut down because it got stuck somehow in combat, could move my characters around but could neither do any action nor end the turn. Then it just froze up.

Which fight was this and how did you get to it? Also, did you use any abilities that caused this (Or did the enemy)?

The wolf fight in the woods. Don't think it was player abilities, I believe something happened during the enemy turn because it was after that that it messed up. All the interface stuff that shows where your guys can move didn't show up at all. But yeah, could still move the characters around, but couldn't do any attack actions or end the turn.

EDIT: Also should mention this. After I loaded the autosave right before that fight, the shipbuilder guy (Thorfinn?) was back in my party despite the fact that he should have gone back to town since I had finished all the stuff with finding the wood. And again, after loading that autosave, when starting the wolf fight, my dudes didn't start all spread out in cover (like what happened the first time), but just started in one big clump.

So something weird going on there. That said, it didn't seem to break anything and Thorfinn was still in his proper place when returning to the town.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Any brave souls tried it on Wine? I had the previous Expeditions and I'm pretty sure it did run under Wine but I want to hold off until I know for sure. There's nothing on WineDB at present.

Cynicus

Augur
:rage:Viking is finally out and I have to entertain in-laws all weekend!

Anyway, congrats, Avonaeon and Logic Artists. It looks like the game is being well received so far. And thanks for the freebies.:bro:

By the way, Hotmail keeps marking your emails as spam for some reason.

Delbaeth

Learned
Got the first one in a sale years ago, but still waiting for the GOG Linux version.
Won't buy the new one until both the first one and this one will have a Linux version on GOG.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Things I learnt too late for the first fight, there's a nonlethal attack feature in this game which means all the NPCS you fight survive the fight, super duper useful would use. Button at the bottom right of the combat ui or z. Still killed the nutcase at the start of the tutorial though.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
EDIT: Also should mention this. After I loaded the autosave right before that fight, the shipbuilder guy (Thorfinn?) was back in my party despite the fact that he should have gone back to town since I had finished all the stuff with finding the wood. And again, after loading that autosave, when starting the wolf fight, my dudes didn't start all spread out in cover (like what happened the first time), but just started in one big clump.

I noticed some similar issues in the final beta with temporary party members still being in the party after reloading.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
E6gX06i.jpg

Nice game btw. A clear improvement from Conquistador IMO, much more fun to play. It follows a more traditional cRPG formula instead of the HoMM one used in Conquistador.

Btw to the guy who was in doubt if it would work on his laptop, I'm away from home and having to use mine which has quite modest specs and I'm having no trouble running the game, so you should be fine.

hivemind

I can run it at like 15 fps and 3 min loading times for big areas like Ribe with a processor below min reqs.

It's like barely enjoyable territory, but I'm desperate as fuck

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
There doesn't seem to be a centre camera on protagonist/party key, which is a fairly major oversight considering you're scrolling all over the map and moving around the place. Also wish the party could move whilst you peruse the minimap, but understand that's not super viable in every engine.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
There doesn't seem to be a centre camera on protagonist/party key, which is a fairly major oversight considering you're scrolling all over the map and moving around the place. Also wish the party could move whilst you peruse the minimap, but understand that's not super viable in every engine.
F key doesn't do it out of combat?

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
It should, both in and out of combat, and on the campaign map. If it doesn't please let me know, because then that's a bug.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Oh I didn't realise that's what the F key did looking at the controls menu. Good to know.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom