Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Rpgsaurus Rex

Tactics Ogre rebalance + content mod called Valeria Chronicles. New classes, items, spells, cutscenes and it all fits smoothly with the old content. I can't imagine the amount of time it took to put this together, any FFT mod pales in comparison. Love the way archers are now balanced w.r.t. melee. After the pile of shit that was the PSP remake this is glorious incline. If you can read Japanese, make sure to give it a try. Even if you don't, the story is essentially the same so might still be worth it for TO fans.

Next up on my play list is the first Delta Force game.
Enlightened Ones, plese tell me why I should play it, or not play it.

I remember having fun with it when I was 12 or so. Though it was a bad game but still fun for some reason. No reason to play it today, probably.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Played the first mission of Delta Force. It was quite fun, so I will play on.
Nice to play some large, open levels in a FPS once in a while. Graphics are not impressive, but I guess you couldn't have both huge level and Unreal quality graphics back in 1998.

pippin

What I do remember from Delta Force was the focus they put in the fact that you could do some serious long distance sniping. Apparently it was something really new at the time.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
You could do some limited sniping in Unreal. Otherwise I can't think of any older games with sniping. Maybe Rainbow Six (which I skipped on my play list)?

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
You could do some limited sniping in Unreal. Otherwise I can't think of any older games with sniping. Maybe Rainbow Six (which I skipped on my play list)?
Sniper rifles only became a thing a year later in Rogue Spear. There were some other shooters with some form of sniping in 1998, like Half-Life with its crossbow, but Delta Force of course had those huge maps on top of that.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Got tired of not being able to save my progress in Delta Force, so I'm moving on.
Sin and Half-Life (I hope my old CDs are still working) are approaching...

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
MDK? That acronym doesn't ring any bells.
[Googling]
Weird, I never heard about that game before.

l0tePb.gif

nigga wut

how?

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Steam version of Half Life works without any problems, so you don't need any additional patches. As for the original retail version, you should try using "-full -w 1920 -h 1080 -freq 60" as a launch option. But for Sin, I recommend patch from this GOG thread. It gives you ability to play in widescreen with changed FOV and better mouse input. I've played it last time and it works really well, same goes for the expansion Wages of Sin. I've used the GOG version, which is probably with the patches from the original developer that fixed long loading times and some other bugs.

I wish I was playing those games for the first time :salute:.

Last edited by a moderator:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
MDK? That acronym doesn't ring any bells.
[Googling]
Weird, I never heard about that game before.

l0tePb.gif

nigga wut

how?

Because the name MDK is the kind of name that doesn't stick?
Also, there's not a single thread dedicated to any MDK game on this forum, so it's not like it's a famous game.

Steam version of Half Life works without any problems, so you don't need any additional patches. As for the original retail version, you should try using "-full -w 1920 -h 1080 -freq 60" as a launch option. But for Sin, I recommend patch from this GOG thread. It gives you ability to play in widescreen with changed FOV and better mouse input. I've played it last time and it works really well, same goes for the expansion Wages of Sin. I've used the GOG version, which is probably with the patches from the original developer that fixed long loading times and some other bugs.

I wish I was playing those games for the first time :salute:.

Thanks for the info.
I'll only be playing Sin for the first time. I think I played Half-Life three times. Anyways, the Steam version is out of the question. I'm not that desperate yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never got the appeal of MDK but I remember it was huge back in the day. I remember walking into a games store and coming out with Magic: Shandalar (the 1997 Microprose game and still my favourite PC game based on MtG) and MDK. I played Shandalar to hell and back and spent like 1 hour total with MDK.

A little known fact is that MDK2 was developed by Bioware. I thought it sucked ass.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
MDK was über popular back in the day. It even had this supposed "mystery" about its initials and what they mean. We all assumed Murder Death Kill but it took a lot of time until it was actually confirmed

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
No fuck you guys. I have never heard of MDK. Period. NO ONE KNOWS........
Shame on you!

When people say that nobody knows and played MDK makes me all warm inside, since it proves that I'm still more monocled than many people here. :smug:

Zenith

Arbiter
MDK was a gimmick shooter with occasional shit platforming in which you basically never need to aim. The entire game was also about 1.5 hour long (not exaggerating).
I bet most people who "fondly remember" the game only played the demo with the first level or something. It did have a kickass intro and a pumping soundtrack at the start.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The entire game was also about 1.5 hour long (not exaggerating).
You are fucking retarded. Some speedrunners completed in 1,5 hours, but we all know people don't play games like speedrunners. It was 6-7 hours long on average.

Why the fuck are you lying? You make 2017 newfags look bad.

Zenith

Arbiter
The entire game was also about 1.5 hour long (not exaggerating).
You are fucking retarded. Some speedrunners completed in 1,5 hours, but we all know people don't play games like speedrunners.
Eh? I replayed it a couple years ago. 2 hours according to Steam (including setting it up). Some (all?) levels featured a time limit as well.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah it was around 5-6 hours or something. The game also had a lot of technical innovations , good gameplay and level design. And the developer also made Giants: Citizen Kabuto. Pure incline

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom