Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Gerrard

Arcane
:negative:
I bought this shit for $5 on PS3 and it runs awful. I've also played it on pc and it runs awful there too.

It has extremely bad issues with CPU speed that you may or may not experience and may or may not be able to fix. Not a problem on Windows 10, as far as I know.

Maybe they fixed them for the GOG version?
Nope, apparently the GOG version is actually worse.
:negative:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I think they also team up with PC Gamer for giveaways and such. Making publications to give away GOG keys instead of Steam keys is their new strategy it seems.

Archibald

Arcane
Weird to start this with Witcher EE give away. I don't think that anyone who cares hasn't picked it up for free or 1$ already.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Sometimes.
Not sure if some minor update totally screw mod installation in some games.
For sure Stalker - Shadow of Chernobyl have a lot of mods that need older version, especially legendary AMK mod and his descendants.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Don't forget to turn off autoupdates for your games, save yourself from troubles...
What's the issue?

It can fuck up your mods iirc

also there's still a handful of games which are "not yet available" for installing via Galaxy
Do old games still update in general?

Sometimes they do, yes. When we upload a new version of a game that has a particular issue fixed or something of the sort.

spekkio

Arcane
RE: New layout:

DON-DRAPER-PUKES.gif

Blackstaff

Arbiter
Another leak from a trusted source says that Dragon's Dogma : Dark Arisen is gonna release on GOG

Great news, if true. However, I'm still waiting dat DRM Free Fallout New Vegas, which was in a leak during 2016 or 2015.

The internet wouldn't lie to me, r-right? :negative:

GOG bizdev team just released an AMA on reddit :

https://www.reddit.com/r/gog/comments/67uksk/gog_bizdev_qa_answers/

This is their answer to your question :
Q: So, Elder Scrolls IV, Oblivion and/or Fallout New Vegas... Yes, no, soon? If no, why not?
A: Hmm... Why not? ;)

Take that as you will. ;)

Also some interestings things in there.
About the neverhood :
Q: Are you trying to get the Neverhood? Are there any blockers from EA side, or legal uncertainty regarding who owns the game? Do you need any help figuring it out, if the later is the case? A: It is a funny case where we believe that after years of discussions we know exactly who owns the rights to this amazing game. Still this side doesn't want to acknowledge this ;). So we are in a kind of limbo. We don't give up though. Cross your fingers and hope this game will get its re-release soon. I really believe in this, otherwise I wouldn't have soundtrack from it as my ringtone for a few years now.

Overall, from their answers, they are dodging a lot, but it seems fairly obvious to me they are in active discussions with Bandai Namco, Capcom and working for more titles from WB. Sega and Square Enix are dead in the water for now.

Last edited:

Vorark

Erudite

Delbaeth

Learned

Q: Just wondering why the original four Dawn of War games are not on GOG? The steam version got rid of LAN play so it’s harder to get running now for parties. A: This is more of a licensing issues. We are not able to sign a deal with the current rights holder due to its internal policies that don't match with our approach to digital distribution.

Oh Sega. You love your DRM so much.
:keepmymoney:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom