Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underrail Dev Log #52: Jet Skis!

Vorark

Erudite
Ehh, dunno about the jet skis. Maybe it's because I'm biased against aquatic levels in almost every single game I've played, never liked them much.

Intriguing nonetheless.

Au Ellai

Educated
I need to actually play this damn game. It took so long to get around to it and by the time I was about to start the expansion was announced and now I'm trying to hold off until then but it's been kinda tough. Might just start anyways. Jet ski looks neat. I remember playing Fallout 2 and being all excited about the motorcycle only to find out it was basically a fast travel node and you didn't actually get to really use it. That's cool Underrail's expanding on what I'm sure Fallout 2 tried to do in some internal builds and wasn't able to pull off due to time or whatever.

Latmey

Novice
Ehh, dunno about the jet skis. Maybe it's because I'm biased against aquatic levels in almost every single game I've played, never liked them much.

Intriguing nonetheless.

I agree that aquatic levels are usually garbage but I think that's often because they have an entirely different set of mechanics from the rest of the game, thus they don't have the same amount of depth and polish put in to making them.

It sounds like they're putting in the work with the jet skis though, so I'm hopeful.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Looks like I was right, when decided to play PSI when addon will be released. :positive:

Intriguing nonetheless.

Any game that have aquatic levels instantly got +3 to it's rating.
In DX flooded lab levels are my favorite.

How can you be such soulless, water is a breathing body of adventure and mystery!

I want to hug you Styg!

aratuk

Cipher
giphy.gif

'Waterworld' is the sole precedent I'm aware of for post-apocalyptic jet skis.

Last edited:

GloomFrost

Arcane
Jet skis sounds cool but where are my shotguns. I want to role play Max Rockatansky! How am i suppose to do that without using a double barreled shotgun???

Father Foreskin

Learned
The problem i see here is the public image for jet skis, they simply arent made for the post-apocalyptic man. Jet skis are for the kind of people who want to do "rad" stuff without any real possibility of physical harm. These people also want to be seen im public while doing it. Dont get me wrong, jet skis are fun, but they are like bumper cars or trampolines, not base jumping or MMA.

The most common jet skiers in addition to frat boys are the fat baby boomer office workers. They drive back and forth near the water line with their bellies jiggling gently due the tiny waves underneath the jet ski. Trough their Ray-Bans they look at the young women on the beach. The fat office workers dicks, calcified a thousand Big Macs ago, show no signs of life. In scenarios resembling post-apocalyptic conditions people tend to multiply. Jet skis dont fit in, they should be called something else in Underrail. Other than this, its looking good. I loved the vanilla.

himmy

Arcane
The problem i see here is the public image for jet skis, they simply arent made for the post-apocalyptic man. Jet skis are for the kind of people who want to do "rad" stuff without any real possibility of physical harm. These people also want to be seen im public while doing it. Dont get me wrong, jet skis are fun, but they are like bumper cars or trampolines, not base jumping or MMA.

Yeah, and IRL people who use trains are those who want to go to work, not infiltrate a sinister cult in order to destroy their God. What's your point?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Shouldn't he fix existing issues such as respawns, maps and poor end-game content rather then this shit?

He thinks the end-game content is good as it is. So, I'm guessing he won't. But hopefully we're going to be spared that kind of good content in the expansion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom