Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

WizRogue - a Japanese combination of Wizardry & RLs

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
When a thread title is so good that you can actually hear how it was meant to be said in your head

*Original thread title was "Motherfucker"

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Combine two of the best things in the world, how can you go wrong with this

RatTower

Arcane
Developer
Hey it's Wizardry.... the famous JRPG series!

I still want to play Tale of the Forsaken Land though...

Reapa

Doom Preacher
This should be in General Gaming and you know it :balance:
no, this definitely needs to be here.

Combine two of the best things in the world, how can you go wrong with this

Hey it's Wizardry.... the famous JRPG series!

I still want to play Tale of the Forsaken Land though...
make no mistake, this is pure evil. it is the very bottom of the abyss. that to which any hyperbole would be an understatement.
“I felt His voice take the sword out of my hand”: Ben-Hur
I feel this doing the same but by injecting hopelessness into my soul.
the end is definitely nigh.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Mutherfucker
why did you change the title??
now it looks like i'm advertising it instead of puking my guts out cause of it.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Added to my wishlist. :dance:

BTW someone here already bought it. I wonder who...
what makes you say someone bought it? what degenerate would pay for that?

One of my steam friends has it and since all my friends are from here I know its someone here. Of course like 75% of people have a different username on steam so I often have no fucking idea who is who.

Dorarnae

Arbiter

look at this fucking abomination! look and despair! look at how they reanimated the dead wizardry to rape it's corpe! look at how they tagged the rape a Roguelike!!!

at least its CDN, not US, but still not worth it hehe.
it's buggy and seems to take forever to fix some bugs.(they probably gave up).
the game is a mess.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
it seems some people here don't understand the extent of the abomination. it's not a bugged game, it's a freemium. a game made with a system of milking people through microtransactions. the very core of the game is to be just almost fun while playing and to make you addicted to the sounds and flashes of "achievements". you never win these kinds of games, you never get anywhere with the very very bad narration, you just collect new party members which are slightly better then the ones you have and you grind not search and find but really grind for components to improve your gear. remember, the game is made to make you wait and pay so you don't have to wait. but even if you pay it's made so you wait just a little less then if you hadn't paid. that way you can pay again and again and again for the flashes and the sounds and the little less waiting.
so how is that relevant if the morons who made it available for pc did it without the microtransactions?
it's still the same game of waiting, collecting crap and flashes and sounds. it's still exactly the same fucking game but with a "cheat". combat is still automated, otherwise it just might be fun enough for people not to pay. the story is the same crap someone shat out so the game has some text. and most important, the game is still the reanimation of wizardry being raped and called a roguelike. i'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with wizardry beyond the title.
i think i need to expand a bit on the combat since people might think, a party based, turn based "wizardry roguelike" is the second coming while it's actually the antichrist. like i said, the combat is fully automated and you only get told how well your party fairs. you can't control your party members in combat. so you have an incentive to get better ones and better gear. you don't get to use your brain while playing to make any decisions during combat. that part, the fun part was surgically removed to make the collecting and sounds and flashes (the grind or microtransactions) the only "fun" part.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom