Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Strong suction. PC crowd craving for harvest moon. Stardew Valley sells 2,2 mln on steam

Perkel

Arcane
congratz to devs. I always knew that something superior to HM:FOTMT would go 777 on PC.
Dode must be rolling in cash right now and that is not even counting console releases he outsourced.

http://steamspy.com/app/413150

over 120 hours on my steam

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Great game, although I preferred Rune Factory but that's not on PC.

Comte

You mean the Starbound developers/thieves are rolling in cash. This guy did a distribution deal with chucklefish. They probably spent all his money updating the furniture in their hipster office.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well at least Cucklefish did something good. Their own game sucks bawls.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Yeah, Stardew Valley is amazing, such a niche game indeed and still so feature complete and polished.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I want to play it but the lack of pineapples, grapefruits, banana peppers, cayenne peppers, habanero peppers, jalapeno peppers, and vanilla beans ruin it for me.

Oh, and prickly pear cactus. Basically I want the ultimate gardening/farming game.

Siveon

Bot
I want to play it but the lack of pineapples, grapefruits, banana peppers, cayenne peppers, habanero peppers, jalapeno peppers, and vanilla beans ruin it for me.

Oh, and prickly pear cactus. Basically I want the ultimate gardening/farming game.
Mod 'em in yourself.

Perkel

Arcane
You mean the Starbound developers/thieves are rolling in cash.

As far as i know Chucklefish did earn some money but they don't take a lot. They didn't fund game and from one of interviews i think they only did some promo for game like sending keys to various youtubers, press etc.

So it isn't Paradox - Cities Skylines case where Paradox picked up CS and mostly funded it.

Perkel

Arcane
BTW i tried latest harvest moon (which is now called Story of Seasons). This can be hardly called HM game anymore. It is basically dating sim now with some farming.

I think last interesting HM game was magical melody on GC but still the best one is FoMT on GBA though it is now way inferior to SV

I will never understand the appeal of this game.

Try it and watch your days come and go. Basically this is game where about efficiency and making fat money. You start from few seeds and shit and gradualy you improve your skills and shit, buy better house, make more money etc.

It is not something you can watch on youtube and "get".

Vorark

Erudite
Seems Natsume noticed the success of Stardew Valley.

Harvest Moon: Light of Hope Coming To The PS4, PC, And Switch

Natsume and Rising Star Games are working on a new Harvest Moon game. Harvest Moon: Light of Hope will come to the PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC in North America and Europe. It will be unveiled at E3 2017, where the Nintendo Switch and PC versions will be playable.

As in all Harvest Moon games, Harvest Moon: Light of Hope begins with a young farmer establishing a homestead. A sea voyage gone wrong leads to our new rancher being trapped in a harbor town that has seen better days. It is up to us to establish a farm, raise animals, make the town more appealing again, restore a lighthouse, find love, and create a family. It is supposedly inspired by the original Super Nintendo game.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2017/05/16/harvest-moon-light-hope-coming-ps4-pc-switch/

Siveon

Bot
Oh great, more shovelware branded as Harvest Moon.

Now Story of Seasons coming to PC, that would be news.

Perkel

Arcane
As if Story of Seasons isn't shovelware.

All HM games after Wii ones are more or less life sims rather than farming sims. Especially SoS which has completely simplified farming system more than even Natsume fake Harvest Moon.

Stardew Valley is light years above every new HM game fake or not and even better than golden standard FoMT for GBA.

Devs are more interested in how many animations your character stupid face can make than make actual fun farming sim.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Craving?
But thanks to emulation we have the choice of playing every single harvest moon game in glorious hd.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
As if Story of Seasons isn't shovelware.
In comparison to Harvest Moon. They tried to make one like minecraft of all things.

They are both shit.

Devs who made original HM games are long gone. I think last average hm game is that 2,5D one with two cities.

I think my big problem with modern HM in general, and now SoS, is that it became a lot more about just living in the village and messing around. Maybe I'm secretly predisposed towards German farming simulators and I just don't know it yet, but farming was always the main draw for me in Harvest Moon. Getting a farm running in tip-top shape and making loads of money with it... and occasional mining binges. Now it's become more about being Animal Crossing-lite with almost too many QoL additions that trivialize farm life.

Rune Factory spin-off at least doesn't pretend it's something it isn't and embraces the adventuring side.

Bahamut

Arcane
What was a good last HM game anyway? Series has been shit after HM64 and its various alterations

Stardew Valley is great but imo it lacks that little charm old HM games had

Perkel

Arcane
What was a good last HM game anyway? Series has been shit after HM64 and its various alterations

Stardew Valley is great but imo it lacks that little charm old HM games had

Magical Melody was fun for GC. Tale of Two Towns for 3DS and DS is the last kind of 2D harvest moon but it was severe restricted compared to something like FoMT.

Imo FoMT even now is fucking great game but unfortunutelly it is beaten like a dog by Stardew valley. Rest especially 3D ones aside from Magical Melody are trash.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Does anybody have any experience with the wii harvest moon games?
Tree of tranquility is mostly panned because of technical issues(loading times and slowdown during rain) and too little time to do much while animal parade seems to have too much time and somehow has managed to make the writing seems worse.
But they seem to be in the vain of Pokemon games a.k.a the same setting and story just with different things.

Perkel

Arcane
Does anybody have any experience with the wii harvest moon games?
Tree of tranquility is mostly panned because of technical issues(loading times and slowdown during rain) and too little time to do much while animal parade seems to have too much time and somehow has managed to make the writing seems worse.
But they seem to be in the vain of Pokemon games a.k.a the same setting and story just with different things.

I think only animal paradise is worth something but not much. Wii plays GC games so Magical Melody is imo last good 3D HM game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom