Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
BEAMDOG is a parasite of the industry

9436.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

existential_vacuum

.PNG Police
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Last edited:

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Don't mind me, just playing a great remaster.
Also, I managed to solve the paper pyramid puzzle for the first time. It was rather easy, though, it's just that apparently I never paid attention to what the paper was actually saying.
Lastly: Planescape: Torment has the most satisfying experience sounds ever created.

hmm
Clipboard01.png

Can you tell me exactly, because I am really curious, what is the difference between the original and the EE?

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Can you tell me exactly, because I am really curious, what is the difference between the original and the EE?

Redone UI, zoom-scroll (these two are well worth the money alone IMO), TAB-highlighting, among others. Personally the first two are all I care about, the third is a nice bonus, and everything else is nice to have.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
The high resolution and thus zoom-out of those EE pics compared to the original kind of take away from the game's charm somewhat imo. If only they'd remade the sprites instead in a higher resolution, but that would have meant actual work and loads of it...

existential_vacuum

.PNG Police
Patron
Some people are dissapointed with Beamdog's marketing strategy regarding PS:T t-shirts [link] and it got me thinking: is there a good Lady of Pain t-shirt?
ra,unisex_tshirt,x2950,101010:01c5ca27c6,front-c,648,590,750,1000-bg,f8f8f8.lite-1u3.jpg
Nope, looks too lowres and the glowing is meh.
ra,triblend_tee,x1000,black_triblend,front-c,225,150,225,370-pad,220x294,ffffff.2u1.jpg
Hmm, minimalistic but it is non-recognizable (looks more like some redskin).
89x0XMY.png
Rather good minimalistic pic suitable for printing.
C8QWKM6UwAAKyUH.jpg
Beamdog's variant, more details but still somewhat minimalistic.

Looking through the LoP artwork, I couldn't find anything else suitable for a print. So I went an' made one.
lop_no_shadow.png

lop_shadow.png
t-shirt_no_shadow.png

t-shirt_shadow.png
Yeah, it is not some top-notch art, but at least it brings us closer to having something (also, yeah, the face, I know, you're welcome to fix it +M). I might get back to it and fix everything I find wrong with it, but not in the near future.
P.S. Based on original PS:T wallpaper
Planescape-Torment-Wallpapers-4.jpg

EDIT: fixed image hosting fuckery, though I shouldn't have

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Meh, that Bumdog t-shirt looks better from afar. It's just some vector crap when you look closely. I also saw in one of the streams that it has their logo on the back. Instant boner-killer and stopped me from wanting the t-shirt anymore.

Also yours looks like cheap clipart. Sorry.

I'd prefer one with a 3D render rather than some vector junk. Vector graphics are really not suitable for the Planescape tone.

Edit:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e2/08/7f/e2087f2426996372d2734a4839853504.jpg

That for example, on a black t-shirt. Fucking metal, dude!

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Jeez, what are you, a peasant? You don't wear collector's t-shirts anymore than you open collector's boxes.

Fucking unbelievable! :rpgcodex:

existential_vacuum

.PNG Police
Patron

Sacibengala

Prophet
The only thing annoying me is the text. The size of the proper text, even at the maximum, is not enough, and the size of the window is not very good either. They could've made the use of space better. Or did it semi customizable as they did with baldurs gate and icewind dale. For a game that is so focused on the text, It will be hard to play it all in that way, but maybe it is because i am used to play the modded version for so long. I still prefer the good old modded version over this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom