Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Still remember that asshole in the bandit camp that stole my money.

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
Always wanted Gothic with automap and choosing items with a directional pad of a gamepad. Just another console RPG as Witcher 2/3 except worse.

This looks like a shit version of Turok + The Rocketeer.

What happened to the original developers of Gothic and Risen #1?

What company did they depart to?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Do we know if this one has a continuous open world?
It does. No loading screens, and 1.5 times the size of Gothic 3's map.

Oh boy. I'd have preferred something the size of Gothic 2. Gothic 3 having tons of generic MMO quests has to do with them trying to just fill the game with content no matter what. That doesn't bode well.

Oh boy indeed. That's the worst news yet for me. They should really focus on quality over quantity. Gothic 3 was too big already...

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Wow that preview really does look like they mashed Fallout and Skyrim together to rope in the Bethesda crowd.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
new screens, BETTER THAN EXPECTED :bounce:

C6TqkwgWMAAnMrp.jpg

92544495-vollbild.jpg

92544497-vollbild.jpg

92544498-vollbild.jpg

92544501-vollbild.jpg

92544506-vollbild.jpg

92544507-vollbild.jpg

92544508-vollbild.jpg

92544509-vollbild.jpg

92544513-vollbild.jpg

92544515-vollbild.jpg

92544516-vollbild.jpg

92544517-vollbild.jpg

Beowulf

Arcane
new screens, BETTER THAN EXPECTED :bounce:

92544517-vollbild.jpg

It's kinda realistic when you think about it.
The plasma/flame projectile is so hi-tech, that it's basically magic for the post-apo brutes. And everybody knows, that you can block magic damage with magic shields +1.

Also, I think that the shield is designed to look like a skull, with those teeth-like elements at the bottom. Hence - magic resistance.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Its above their technical expertise to make decent looking hair for the main character, it also implies that they could do a character customization system which they can't.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Its above their technical expertise to make decent looking hair for the main character, it also implies that they could do a character customization system which they can't.
I was pointing out how the protagonist looks crosseyed - the other image was default Milton from Gothic 3 lol...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom