Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Plus as a bonus they're sole beneficiaries of this titles fame, only Beamdog is mentioned, no Hasbro/WotC (or Black Isle for that matter which is especially egregious in the case of P:T).
On startup, the Dungeons & Dragons logo is followed by the Beamdog one - which funnily enough, are both listed as WotC Logo under Movies in the options menu. Which also has Original Planescape: Torment Credits as well...

:deadhorse:

Malpercio

Arcane
You know, I always wondered if Dhall was meant to have a major role in the game. His chara always felt pretty important, unique sprite, he's the first NPC you meet, etc. But he just doesn't have any extra line. The whole mortuary area kinda feel underutilized, Deionarra doesn't even get new dialog through the game.

At first I was enraged that PS:T was being raped by Bumdog, but decided to take the plunge and purchase the game after I had done my research and discovered that Bumdog had *not* in fact changed anything in the original game, or added any ridiculous bullshit content. Playing the game now, and am quite pleasantly surprised, I must say. I really hate to say it, but this game is the best EE job that Bumdog has put out. It has some bugs, and users are encouraged to register an account with Redmine in order to log any issues they may find (I've already found one), but all in all it is a very nice treatment for a classic game.

Quillon

Arcane
I had done my research and discovered that Bumdog had *not* in fact changed anything in the original game, or added any ridiculous bullshit content. Playing the game now, and am quite pleasantly surprised, I must say. I really hate to say it, but this game is the best EE job that Bumdog has put out.

Effectively praising the dev for not doing anything.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Whatever. You retarded mongrels are blinded by your own hatred for Bumdog, and completely ignorant to the fact that for once, they have actually not shit the bed and have put out a quality product. Wake the fuck up, put your bitterness aside, and accept that.
Not only did it take 4 iterations of IE reverse engineering to produce a relatively bugfree release, but they also charged 20€ for each. You know there are quite a few engine remake projects, who do the same for free and add more functionality. What you do is giving them a free pass for their lazy cashgrab.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You've all forgotten this compelling reason to buy PST:EE: http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/04/pstee-steam-achievements-and-trading.html

PST:EE Steam Achievements and Trading Cards

Unlock achievements, obtain and craft Steam trading cards to move from clueless to cutter.

As the team returns from the Easter holidays, we’re happy to show off a few Steam achievements and trading cards available in Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition! Let’s take a look at both.

Steam achievements

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition holds a total of 50 achievements, all written by PST & PST:EE Lead Designer Chris Avellone. The achievements are a mix of short and long term challenges, designed to reward natural progression. Achievements unlock for reaching a certain level in different classes for the Nameless One, your end-game choices, and for joining different factions of Sigil. Not all of them can be unlocked during one playthrough though. You’ll have to experience the amazing story of PST:EE more than once to get them all!

Here're a few examples of different achievements you are able to unlock in Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition:

Advance any attribute score of the Nameless One to 25.

Train the Nameless One to become a Mage.

Maintain a True Neutral Alignment until the end of the game.

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition offers 39 hidden achievements. (Spoilers!) Find them by exploring all of Sigil, joining every faction, and crossing paths with an enigmatic Power.

Many Steam players already have discovered few Steam achievements for Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition and ways to get them, while some of you have already managed to unlock all available achievements for this game. That’s the spirit!

Trading cards

We've also added Steam trading cards for Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition. Each trading card displays one of the Nameless One's companions: Morte, Dak’kon, Ignus, Annah, Fall-from-Grace, Nordom, Vhailor, - and the main character himself. The full-sized trading cards come in the wallpaper format, and look spectacular in high definition 4k!

New to Steam trading cards? Here's how they work: Steam Trading Cards are virtual cards earned by playing games on Steam, and sets of cards can be turned into game badges and tradable Steam community items. You’ll only get a few cards by playing though. To collect a full set, trade with others or get cards from the Steam Community Market.

Grow strong and collect them all!

When you're done collecting an entire set of cards you can craft them into a badge. Crafting badges unlocks special profile backgrounds and emoticons for Steam.

Each of our profile backgrounds were created based on the original Planescape: Torment art by Tim Donley and Eric Campanella. They make for iconic wallpapers that any Planescape: Torment fan would enjoy! Steam forum users will enjoy adding Morte, the Nameless One, and the Lady of Pain to their emoticon repertoire.

Your friends on Steam will envy the Nameless One on your background!

New to the planes? Find out more about Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition at planescape.com.

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and the Beamdog Forums to get the latest PST:EE news and reviews. Have feedback? Reach out to us there or send a note to support@beamdog.com.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Whatever. You retarded mongrels are blinded by your own hatred for Bumdog, and completely ignorant to the fact that for once, they have actually not shit the bed and have put out a quality product. Wake the fuck up, put your bitterness aside, and accept that.
Not only did it take 4 iterations of IE reverse engineering to produce a relatively bugfree release, but they also charged 20€ for each. You know there are quite a few engine remake projects, who do the same for free and add more functionality. What you do is giving them a free pass for their lazy cashgrab.

you could get bg ee and 2 on sale now for like 4$ and they are bug free now.

There is no reason to be upset

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I had done my research and discovered that Bumdog had *not* in fact changed anything in the original game, or added any ridiculous bullshit content. Playing the game now, and am quite pleasantly surprised, I must say. I really hate to say it, but this game is the best EE job that Bumdog has put out.

Effectively praising the dev for not doing anything.

Sometimes not doing anything is the best action one can do

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
You've all forgotten this compelling reason to buy PST:EE:
No Infinitron, it is you who have forgotten. You've forgotten how "deep" this rabbit hole goes.....:lol:

g7g2Q0h.png

....:|

ETFdx2J.png

Last edited:

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Can someone make a GIF from the 4:02 to the 4:20 of this video?

The key is get MCA cliking the int, wisd and char stats

Latro

Arcane
why is MCA lying about setting up arcanum at 40:30

lol just install and play wtf

"you gotta get the right computer, the right mouse"

maybe he can ask steve for LP tips lol

Last edited:

Malpercio

Arcane

I'm not a BG hater, but to be fair it's not hard to not shit the bed when your game is a 1:1 "remaster". :P

I wouldn't call it a lazy cashgrab, smartarse. If you had any idea of the work that went into the dev in this game (and you more than likely do not), you would have swallowed those words. I have worked in a software engineering/architectural role in very large corps, and startups, over the span of 20+ years, and I can tell you that any dev org work their salt would not put out a marketed product that was something merely made up of mods built on top of a modified engine. A lot more went into the dev for this game. It is too bad that this site is full of wee blind mice who cannot tell piss from paint.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
I wouldn't call it a lazy cashgrab, smartarse. If you had any idea of the work that went into the dev in this game (and you more than likely do not), you would have swallowed those words. I have worked in a software engineering/architectural role in very large corps, and startups, over the span of 20+ years, and I can tell you that any dev org work their salt would not put out a marketed product that was something merely made up of mods built on top of a modified engine. A lot more went into the dev for this game. It is too bad that this site is full of wee blind mice who cannot tell piss from paint.
What else is it then? They didn't create anything, they just reverse engineered a finished product and slapped on their preexisting code for quickloot, zoom and whatnot. Oh and some UI rework and item 2d work. But not enough money left for remastered animated portraits, no. Gotta feed the whole Beamdog crew off fucking reverse engineered games.
Take Final Fantasy X/X2. After several lackluster ports, they delivered a true remaster fully worth the price. My point is that the work Beamdog has done usually goes free or at a way lower price and idiots like you are fueling their extortion scheme.

Last edited:

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Don't mind me, just playing a great remaster.

Trmnt000.png

Also, I managed to solve the paper pyramid puzzle for the first time. It was rather easy, though, it's just that apparently I never paid attention to what the paper was actually saying.

Lastly: Planescape: Torment has the most satisfying experience sounds ever created.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
What else is it then? They didn't create anything, they just reverse engineered a finished product and slapped on their preexisting code for quickloot, zoom and whatnot. Oh and some UI rework and item 2d work. But not enough money left for remastered animated portraits, no. Gotta feed the whole Beamdog crew off fucking reverse engineered games.
Take Final Fantasy X/X2. After several lackluster ports, they delivered a true remaster fully worth the price. My point is that the work Beamdog has done usually goes free or at a way lower price and idiots like you are fueling their extortion scheme.
+1

What's funniest to me is that even a release where hardly anything changed and where they've used Qwinn's fixpack has lots of bugs :D. P:T with Qwinn's patch had practically zero bugs but Beamdog's version has tons of it, either you can't sell some items, or there is black screen, or tablet version doesn't work or Linux version doesn't work (while running original P:T is very easy). I didn't think that even Beamdog could mess it up this much in a release were they've done almost nothing but it seems I've underestimated them again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom