Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
That guy was running his chores here around mid 00s. He was pretty notorious with his PB hate and he was certainly german by his own admission. Self hating german doesn't feel anything far fetched anyway, no?
Ok then. So you're referring to someone pissed off about Gothic 3, if you say mid 00s. Don't tell me back when that came out people were universally pleased. Go to the World of Gothic forums now, you'll find more of this guy's "alts" all over the place I assure you ;) A lot of them either obsessed, or cynical, about mods attempting to make that game "playable"...

And, I was making jokes before. Which dark corner of Europe are you from? You make it obvious by not seeing satire.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
No, it's not about G3, because i was pissed about that too. The guy literally said that PB is shit and never made anything good and basically went on rants every time anything Gothic related was about. Sorry, my old degenerate mind can't recall who that was by name. He had brown-yellowish avatar is all i remember. I remember VD made fun of him at some point in time, when he was still the ubersturmfuhrer.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
The guy literally said that PB is shit and never made anything good and basically went on rants every time anything Gothic related was about.

I remember that guy as well. Don't remember the nick tho

He must've been really old - some die-hard Schwartze Auge patriot or something. Maybe Gothic I/II were too "mainstream" for him :lol: "The German greats like Arkania have been overshadowed by Tomb Raider clones..." (I've spoken to people like this :roll:)

Besides that, no one, especially Germans, express cynicism or anger towards PB out of hate - it's from disappointment. Just look at the disproportionate amount of mods for Gothic I/II - compared to anything else PB have made ;) That is 90% of PB fans.

Last edited:

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
I actually found him. Sir_Brennus.
Interesting that when going back into general rpg you can't go past page 189. HOW DU YOU FUCK THAT UP, DU?!
Holy shit, I was right.
Jun 7, 2006

Hi everyone. I'm a regular codex reader, but never felt an urge to post myself until I read the (codex typical) negativity towards DRAKENSANG.

For the record: I'm a veteran CRPG player from Germany who started his gamer career 1986

I'm actually annoyed this was an easy-to-pick stereotype...

Self-Ejected

ZodoZ

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Good, Gothic series was shit all along and PB should die ages ago. No one who played goldbox, infinity engine, gurps games in 90's enjoyed the casual popamole Gothic which was to rpgs back at the time what call of duty is to doom nowdays.

Maybe you guys were thinking of Makabb?

Gothic was popamole.

576E6364D09F92E98A2CDA8D7138FCF8429928BA

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Gothic was popamole.

...and he liked Sacred 2...:|

Dude, not really true. Sacred had the most intelligent auto leveling system I can think of. Random encounters scaled their hostility to the level of the player.

So the wolf pack attacks you on your first visit, but totally ignores you if you come back having gained 5 more levels of experience, because the wolves are afraid of YOU now.

Makes sense to me.

BTW: Sacred gave me a blast playing - I could live without the plot stopping bugs, though.

Yeah, Schwartz Auge + Blind Guardian fanboy. Sounds like a weathered German grognard alright :lol:

CreamyBlood

Arcane
At least I know how to pronounce it now, I've been rhyming it with Exlax all this time.

And yes, that accent. Sounds like he's half phoning it home and trying to hit those southern country notes but just can't quite put the effort into it? Got bored of the narration and story and zoned out but that's okay. Don't give a shit about stupid game trailers, not sure why I'm even commenting on it. It's the game that matters and the story might come through when you play it. Not that the story matters too much for me in a computer game.

So far it all together (not just the trailer) leaves me with a big lump of 'meh' in my brain. Good luck PB. I don't think anybody is hoping for much at this point so maybe you'll break even on the grand scale of expectations.

Last edited:

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
SO HYPED!!!1!

Gonna buy this for my PS4 and fly around using the jetpack. The trailers are quite funny. Somehow I'm convinced the game's gonna bomb for sure but will become a cult classic.

Doktor Best

Arcane
TBF english VO has always been terrible in PB-games. In Gothic 1+2 it was entertainingly terrible, then it just got cringeworthy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom