Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Next RPG to get excited for?

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
but he said if you like Fallout you'll really like this game.

Do you suppose he meant Fallout as in HIS Fallout, or overall? Conceptually speaking.

Last edited:

Doktor Best

Arcane
My backlog is so enormous that i think i could do for another year without any major rpg release.

PREY is very tempting though. I also backed Divinity:OS2, Wasteland 3 and Pillars of Eternity 2.

I'm at a game dev conference in Croatia and Tim Cain said yesterday he's working on a game which he cannot name...
Some people from the audience started shouting Fallout 5 and he nodded sort of a yes.

I''ll try to find out more at tonight's party.. MCA and T-Ray are also here!
http://www.rebootdevelop.hr/

Do everything in your power to find out more. How good looking are you?

ArchAngel

Arcane
I'm at a game dev conference in Croatia and Tim Cain said yesterday he's working on a game which he cannot name...
Some people from the audience started shouting Fallout 5 and he nodded sort of a yes.

Try to get someone from Obsidian drunk and you will get a +5 bonus to Gather Information skill check :D

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks

Sounds like it might be the post-apocalyptic rpg he was working on before Troika shut down.

Severian Silk

Wasteland 4

Aenra

hexer If that was a trolling post, ima stalk and haunt you for the rest of your life, lol

Tim Cain, Fallout-esque game!? :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
No Truce - I began real high on this title, but the more I learn about it's direction, the more I dislike it (i.e. another Tides of Numenara)
Divinity OS2 - no thanks Swen, you fag
POE 2 - sorry, not on the hype train to utter boredom
Underrail - have no clue when the expansion is going to be out, not even sure if I will play it
Expeditions Vikings - price point looks quite high, too high for this title
Copper Dreams - "cyber-horror RPG" give me a fucking break, PASS
Caves of Qud - totally pumped about the roadplan to release for this RL, its going to be incredible at release
COGMIND - another RL that has skyhigh potential, cannot wait to see how this game progresses over the next year or so
Archmage Rises - playing the alpha right now and its excellent - future is very bright for this title
Grimoire - the big daddy that could trump them all, OR, could totally bomb -- the ULTIMATE WILD CARD

hexer

OK, MCA pried extra info from him when they did a world building panel around the noon...
It's an original IP and the in-game currency are credits.. no bottlecaps..
So no it's not Fallout but still a PA setting.

We have a huge party tonight so I'm getting wasted and getting that extra info from him!
GERONIMOOOO!

pippin

Underrail 2? :smug:

Kingdom Kwa: Deliverance. If the combat system in this is as good as the ones in their previous games (Operation Flashpoint, Mafia 1), then between that and historical setting will be worth it already.

Sui Generis. Another RPG with a more interesting, in-depth melee combat system, something the genre sorely needs.

Cyberpunk 2077. Witcher 3 has raised my expectations for these guys, after they were buried by Witcher 2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom