Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Next RPG to get excited for?

Sneaky Seal

Aurum Dust
Developer
I feel like there was a slow down with releases lately: Tyranny is out, Planetscape is as well - these are the two I was excited for.

Recent Battle Brothers is lovely, but it's more of a rogue-like not a classic RPG. Pillars of Eternity 2 is not out till 2018, Divinity: Original Sin is still in Early Access. There is Vikings: expeditions but I haven't been keeping up with it (feels like it's been in development forever by now).

So what's the next big thing to get excited for? There are obvious choices like Grimoire or I'll gladly pitch our own Ash of Gods, but what else is out there? With all the talk of incline I am a bit lost here.

P.S. Just read that Viking is out in a week (yay), so there is that, but something else?

Last edited:

ntonystinson

Scholar
Archmage Rises, Mount and Blade Bannerlord, Sui Generesis, Academagia was sucessful on steam greenlight and supposedly has a new interface with more content and a werewolf game set in the World of Darkness world. A lot of the codex has a lot of interest in the upcoming No truce with the furies but the seeming lack of customisation options is not too appealing to me

pippin

Yeah the Underrail expansion is coming soon. I'd mention the upcoming DLC for Darkest Dungeon if that's your thing.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
I'm looking forward to Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Even if it isn't a good rpg, the sword combat alone is something to get excited for.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Battle Brothers, Forged in Blood, Underrail Expansion, Grimoire

Not sure when No truce with the Furies is out

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm not really looking forward to anything. Well, maybe except PoE2.

But I have a huge backlog of games in my library I've yet to try. Including the likes of Underrail, Age of Decadence and Tides of Numa-Numa.
I've barely scratched the surface of LoG2. Still playing PoE, Nier Automata and Elminage Gothic. Also really want to try Operation Abyss. If its good, then Operation Babel too.

So, yeah, I'm covered for years.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Original sin 2
Grimoire

Not an RPG but gonna be good game, Red Dead Redemption 2

hexer

I'm at a game dev conference in Croatia and Tim Cain said yesterday he's working on a game which he cannot name...
but he said if you like Fallout you'll really like this game.
Some people from the audience started shouting Fallout 5 and he nodded sort of a yes.

I''ll try to find out more at tonight's party.. MCA and T-Ray are also here!
http://www.rebootdevelop.hr/

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I'm at a game dev conference in Croatia and Tim Cain said yesterday he's working on a game which he cannot name...
but he said if you like Fallout you'll really like this game.
Some people from the audience started shouting Fallout 5 and he nodded sort of a yes.
FNV2

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom