Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

Don Peste

Arcane
Icewind Dale 2 will be their next project and after that they will sell Unfinished Business as DLC for P:T.
Does PS:T Unfinished Business actually add anything worth seeing?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
If the restored banters are part of Unfinished Business (I think they are) then yes. Otherwise there isn't that much.

Tormented Seph

Scholar
This topic in a nutshell:

T6HHZ5D.jpg

Gunnar

Arbiter
Quite honestly, you are more embarrassing for the community as a whole than for a single poster within.

Nah, not really.

I don't even care about PS:T much, but the nonsense you spout has reached levels I have rarely seen. And I do occasionally visit GD.
Just as I have rarely seen so many people here to agree on who's being the retard in a discussion.

It's a Beamdog thread, most intelligent posters have it on ignore. The people agreeing are idiots and now I have a handy list of them. (hint, hint)

I'm butthurt.

Clearly, it's amusing too - please carry on.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
This thread is more inane than Trump apologists.

How dare they make an improved and bug fixed version of my favorite old game? It might get popular outside of hardcore gamers such as myself!

The proper high res UI, 44 khz soundtrack and zooming support are all worth it alone. And it has got more.

FFS, it's so cringy looking at a circle jerk of autists desperately looking for any reasons to smear this re-release.

Malpercio

Arcane
They could have fixed the Public sensorium so you don't need to talk to the NPC every time, gosh.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Icewind Dale 2 will be their next project and after that they will sell Unfinished Business as DLC for P:T.
Does PS:T Unfinished Business actually add anything worth seeing?

Yeah, some fairly good stuff, fiends in Smoulderin Corpse (Baatezu an Tanari) get a more organic reveal, theres some extra street life, banters an a few other bits an bobs. I'd download it every time, an installations a piece o piss.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Oh i'd also recommend tweak mod that lets you drop stats below 9, CHA dropped to 3 really gis you reactions that reflect brutal look o Nameless, found no problems wi it.

New versions o Widescreen mod dunt even have crash on enterin small location bug either.

Vicar

Cipher
Patron
This thread is more inane than Trump apologists.

How dare they make an improved and bug fixed version of my favorite old game? It might get popular outside of hardcore gamers such as myself!

The proper high res UI, 44 khz soundtrack and zooming support are all worth it alone. And it has got more.

FFS, it's so cringy looking at a circle jerk of autists desperately looking for any reasons to smear this re-release.

The issue isn't necessarily the content of the Enhanced Edition, but the fact that they released a UI scaling patch for 20€, are charging 10€ for the formerly free-of-charge Soundtrack, and removed the original edition from stores just for the sake of price gouging.
This is a lot more reasonable compared to the 'sperging on combat logs and just basically impotent rage at anything Beamdog by some of the other posters. Personally I think the convenience and additions of this EE are worth the extra money (you can't even get a kebab for that price) but I do agree that taking the original editions off the market is a little scummy. That's probably the decisions of the rights holders like WotC though, who are also the one taking in the money from older editions. And it's not like the original Black Isles developers are getting any money from the sale of older editions anyway.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
When will the butthurt brigade show me a mod for +pathing routine, +combat log and -portable pop-up?

As for IWD2, I'll be surprised if Beamdog bother with it. Last I heard they'll likely be patching BG2:EE and IWD:EE to BG:EE/SoD levels. And after that, I'd like to see them move on from the Infinity Engine and take up the Gaider project.

Self-Ejected

Repulsive

Self-Ejected
Patron
Oh i'd also recommend tweak mod that lets you drop stats below 9, CHA dropped to 3 really gis you reactions that reflect brutal look o Nameless, found no problems wi it.

New versions o Widescreen mod dunt even have crash on enterin small location bug either.

They changed how stats work? That's retarded as fuck.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

They changed how stats work? That's retarded as fuck.
There's a mod that allows you to artificially lower stats below 9, but I thought it has no consequences since it wasn't planned, just having more SP available for other stats.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
The vanilla game sets all of TNO's stats at a minimum of 9. This tweak by our engine guru, scient, lowers the minimum of each stat down to 3. The decision to set the minimums to 9 must have come late in the development process, because some original dialogue checks require 9 in a stat, so that in the original game you'd always pass them. However, with this tweak you might fail these checks if you lower the relevant stat too much. You are also required to have 9 INT to be trained as a mage, and 9 DEX to be trained as a thief. Lower your stats below 9 at your own risk!

Interesting. But if dumping stats lower than 9 adds to your point pool in New Life chargen, then it's disgusting.

Neanderthal

Arcane
I quite like it, more AD&Dish, then again I avoid some stat bonuses in name o RPing my kinda Nameless. Plus i'm a disgustin bastard so we're sympatico.

Oh i'd avoid Deionarras Truth mod, no offense to Quinn but it just dunt seem to sit right to me, just a bit off. An Heaven an Earth is not really a good enough reward at end if you ask me.

pippin

Actually, says the guy who had to apply several mods to be able to play Gothic and had a really hard time trying to grasp its controls. He just keeps trying too hard.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I quite like it, more AD&Dish, then again I avoid some stat bonuses in name o RPing my kinda Nameless. Plus i'm a disgustin bastard so we're sympatico.

I seem to recall a couple of stats being dumpable to 2 in IWD2 (Int/Cha?) For dwarves and half-orcs, but not elves. :P

Neanderthal

Arcane

I seem to recall a couple of stats being dumpable to 2 in IWD2. Dwarves and half-orcs, but not elves. :P

Oh no not motherfuckin Elves, their too fuckin good for stat dumps, bastards!

In terms o mods an content i'd like to see, i'm pretty sure that cobblestone you get from "post" zombie were a portal key at some point an i'd like to see someat made on it, i'd like to see treasure that Anarchist bastard from skull collection says he took from a previous incarnation in Curst revealed, i'd like to see a bit more evidence o Lost Incarnation who you get arm club from, that colourful crypt expanded on as Gris says theres someat about it, an perhaps some more info on Moric, Thlium an all other names you've been known as, nowt major but opportunities for more derrin do.

Oh I thought Candlestick quest were really bloody well done in Unfinished Business an all.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Actually, says the guy who had to apply several mods to be able to play Gothic and had a really hard time trying to grasp its controls. He just keeps trying too hard.

"Several mods".

Like, one or two, and another because it was a requirement for one of those two. At the end of the day, all I wanted was a stable game with the bugs fixed. Don't tell you are so hardcore you don't play with unofficial fixes.

pippin

I don't. I also could play Bloodlines just fine without any unofficial patch. Unless the game is completely and absolutey broken, my own experience has shown me you can do without those. I think the only time I needed a mod to play a game without being bothered was Deus Ex's New Vision, because the gamma config was getting too retarded in vanilla. But I would still consider that something very minor.

pippin

If so, what are you doing in this site? The Codex loves broken games. Like Bloodlines, Arcanum or Alpha Protocol.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom