Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Underworld Ascendant Update #34: Vertical Slice Screenshots

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Question is will this release sometime this decade?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Rest easy, at least there's something noble in funding space exploration with your interest.
space-tourist-460b_1008219c.jpg

*cough*
Did I say space exploration? I meant someone else's space tourism.

Last edited:

Darkzone

Arcane
Well they can't pretend they are creating the ultimate video game forever.
They could if this would generate a steady income, like Star Citizen. But UA has burned through the money and doesn't generate new funds.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
They could if this would generate a steady income, like Star Citizen. But UA has burned through the money and doesn't generate new funds.
As far as steady income is concerned, Garriot's cohorts can always count on dickwads who continue to throw money at their virtual estate simulator Shroud of the Bullshitar. The same which, judging by update #432948120948120, was never meant to leave alpha/beta/whatever.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
As far as steady income is concerned, Garriot's cohorts can always count on dickwads who continue to throw money at their virtual estate simulator Shroud of the Bullshitar. The same which, judging by update #432948120948120, was never meant to leave alpha/beta/whatever.

As I tried to tell you in a couple of ways :M This game isn't from Richard Garriott's studio. It has nothing to do with him other than a crowdfunding cross-promotion.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
grimace

grimace

Arcane
Hello!

I follow Shroud of the Avatar updates for more closely than Underworld Ascendant.

My eternal optimism for #LBSotA has labeled me a shill.

My hype is my own.

I do attempt to correct statements that do not align with official word from Portalarium.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Damn, I was hoping for more of an "Arx Fatalis" look.
Yeah me too... they decided to go for a less classic approach but in all honesty who wouldn't have been pissed if they had grey corridors and lava flows as a Quake 3 map?
I honestly dont have much expectations any more; I mean maybe it will turn out decent or not... for $20 bucks is a fair gamble

grimace

Arcane
Look at the synergy!!!

(Just don't look at the in games appearance of the jabbering couple.)

SotA_JabberingBertha.png

Trivia

• When Underworld Ascendant reached 10,000 backers, the Chattering Bart reward was added to all UA pledges. Some of Bart's dialogue are quips penned by UA backers who submit them to OtherSide Entertainment as part of a contest during their Kickstarter campaign!
http://sotawiki.net/sota/Jabbering_Bertha

Cross-Campaign Exclusive Reward
Jabbering Bertha is available as an Add-On in both the Underworld Ascendant and the Shroud of the Avatar Add-On Store. For any players who get Bertha in both games, the two will be reunited, and swap some unique quips. Not only that, but Bertha will put on her lipstick for Bart. Please just don’t make any ‘lipstick on a pig’ jokes, Bertha can be sensitive about her looks.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
No, seriously, when is a fairly workable early access (on Steam) build going to be available? 2018? Later?

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
When all ya got is screenshots and bullshit...not much to interview about...

Zep--

Aenra

When all ya got is screenshots and bullshit...not much to interview about...

Agreed. Except you don't have to base an entire interview on the game's current status, now do you.
Plus, traditional(tm) Codex levels of pressure enquiry could at the least reveal some interesting tidbits, especially around their thinking. I don't think i'm the only one here still.. unconvinced. Do they have a clue as to what they're doing, or are they fucking around as long as the money's flowing in?

That was rhetorical btw :)

grimace

Arcane
Do they have a clue as to what they're doing, or are they fucking around as long as the money's flowing in?

That was rhetorical btw :)

Going from memory here . . . did they (UA devs) start with Unity and then later decide to use the Unreal Engine?

An interview could be helpful in bringing us all up to date on the game's status.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom