Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Fort Triumph - fantasy nuXCOM-ish game

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Last edited by a moderator:

tindrli

Arcane
yep.. and bros.. i did tried.. i tried hard... just couldnt.. its not for me.. and im a person who consider
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead with decent graphic and i dont need more... still torchlight.. just cant. ffs MOMM V cost me years to get used to

ArchAngel

Arcane
It does look interesting, but I also need to mention that art style is bad. Also characters level up during combat and seem to get set abilities.

Don Peste

Arcane
Warning:
ApY2nwk.png

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
I think it is safe to say that this won't be funded.
They're stuck at about $26k with 17 days to go.

This would have been well managed kickstarter campaign circa 2013; they have very active twitter account, several youtube let's plays ongoing and
Pledge $10,000
Weaver of Worlds
A superior spiritual entity, you care not for men or kingdoms, but rather for the very mechanics of existance that allow them to even be. You shape the physics and rules of existance like a careful gardener, maintaining the balance of nature itself.

This tier includes an invitation to create a new class or character type for the game, and balance it with the devs to full implementation. While working, you will be privy to lore secrets and game mechanics that only devs currently hold, and become a member of the team with an equal vote in development decisions.

Includes:
  • Forum Badge
  • Digital Game (DRM-free or Steam)
  • Your name in the credits
  • Beta Build Access
  • Development Polls Access
  • Digital Manual
  • Digital Soundtrack
  • Your name for a Companion NPC (subject to our approval)
  • Digital Artbook
  • Invitation to a meetup in PAX West / Gamescom 2017 / Local
  • Invitation to Early Access Launch party
  • Your Hero Class in the game (subject to our approval)
Less
Estimated delivery Apr 2018
Limited (1 left of 1) 0 backers

Downloaded the demo for posterity.

Sturmgewehr44

Novice
The gameplay looks refreshing for a turn-based strategy game but it seems like no one is a fan of the art style, otherwise I would have expected a bit more funding over the weekend.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Why else do you think their KS failed? I am started to get worried given that my game is in the same genre, and I am not very active on Twitter (or anywhere else, except here).

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Why else do you think their KS failed? I am started to get worried given that my game is in the same genre, and I am not very active on Twitter (or anywhere else, except here).

It looked too goofy imo and basically like a nuXCOM with bows and swords. Nothing innovative or different, felt like they just wanted to capitulate on a successful formula.
Maybe if they focused on the environment usage against enemies to market the game it would have been better for them.
Will you go for crowd funding too Galdred? Your game looks pretty awesome from what I've seen so far (and I hope you played some Battle Brothers for good influence too :P )

rvm1975

Educated
The gameplay looks refreshing for a turn-based strategy game but it seems like no one is a fan of the art style, otherwise I would have expected a bit more funding over the weekend.

I missed the strategy. But I see some turn based tactics ...

Do they have something geoscapish? No...

So what the strategy in there ?

Sturmgewehr44

Novice
There is no overlap, they're attempting to draw in modern gamers who like playing oddly proportioned beings of unknown ethnicity that make wisecracks into the realm of turn-based tactics games to tap into a new (nu) market.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
It looked too goofy imo and basically like a nuXCOM with bows and swords. Nothing innovative or different, felt like they just wanted to capitulate on a successful formula.
Maybe if they focused on the environment usage against enemies to market the game it would have been better for them.
Will you go for crowd funding too Galdred? Your game looks pretty awesome from what I've seen so far (and I hope you played some Battle Brothers for good influence too :P )

Thank you :)

I plan to go for crowd funding, mostly to reassure my investors my wife, and have a proof that there is a market when I apply to a state grant. I need to have a fun working build first, attend some festival, and do some prior PR work so that there is a proof of a working build, as demos don't seem to help that much in Kickstarter campaigns.

I replied about Battle Brother on the game thread here.

Leaving aside the game itself and focusing only on the campaign side of things:

One is a marketing/PR failure. If I hear about it first on Codex, and never hear about it anywhere else, something has gone seriously wrong. Two is audience-related, I really don't see an overlap between the hardcore TBS squad tactics crowd that would appreciate the environmental manipulation stuff, and the Blizzard-style aesthetic and humor demographic.

If you're gonna go the indie route, you have to learn how to do your own social media publicity, as distasteful as that may be. For all the ills of publishers, they at least understand marketing.
I'll try to get some press coverage, but not surprisingly, it is harder and harder for indies. It is another thing publishers are much better at, as they do some screening for game media outlets. I could probably ask Slitherine to publish me, but I doubt they give much attention to smaller games that are not historical wargames, or 40K.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom