Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

Self-Ejected

Repulsive

Self-Ejected
Patron
Does it still have that moonwalking bug?

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Does it still have that moonwalking bug?

Not really a bug, incompatibility of modern gfx drivers with old directdraw api. Can be easily solved by turning on sprite mirroring blt, which lets the cpu handle it.

So I played the "demoversion" until lower ward and yea, this is not worth the price they are asking. I'll take their word that they rewrote the engine from scratch (while still using many lines of old code no doubt), and edited the icons of items for a higher resolution and did a bit of UI work. But for 20€ you can get a full indie game and thus is imho a major cashgrab, considering that you cannot buy the original anymore.

Edit: They could have at least included content from UB.

Last edited:

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
So I opened my Steam account and

11jtzxc.png

This thing appeared. I don't have PST:EE bought on Steam neither in Gog..., but I have other cRPGs on it. It's the result of that, or is just Inxile having problems with their Nuemenra against it's *spiritual predecesor*?:M

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

deranged

Cipher
To be fair, highlighting in IE games begun with the ToB expansion for Bg2.
So? Just because Bioware made (and makes) games for retards doesn't mean Black Isle did also, I don't see your point. Highlighting either is or isn't a hand-holding mechanism and a decline.

Point is that you cannot blame beamdog for this. People were playing BGTutu for years, which inevitably had highlighting for areas were pixel hunting was originally assumed (ring of wizardry, ankheg armor etc.).

Edit: Having recently bought the original version from GOG (about 2 years ago), and now playing the enhanced edition, I can say that it is an improvement in every way; and without the SJW cancer of the previous EE IE games.

I strongly disagree with the price, it should be sold for no more than the price of the original plus 2-3 Euros...

Last edited:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Point is that you cannot blame beamdog for this.
Yes I can. And P:T is a totally different game than Baldur's Gate which is a game for retards and where quests are as primitive as in Bethesda games, in P:T you actually have to pay attention to what you're doing (many people are too retarded to figure out what to do, even in the Mortuary let alone later).

Pixel hunting is compelling RPG gameplay folks, you heard it here first!
lol
Ok, you just might be a moron. Highlighting objects will break quests as the game has been developed with no highlighting in mind - see stash quest in buried village.
And there are more quests like these, e.g. decanter of endless water. If these items could be easily spotted you wouldn't find them because someone else would pick it up already. And in the game you're being given hints as to where to look so you have to be a moron to not find them if you're looking for it. And if you're too lazy you can just skip it, gamers nowadays are too used to doing everything they can during one playthrough and Planescape: Torment isn't designed like Bethesda or Bioware games.

Rostere

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What other engines Beamdog could go reverse engineering to produce another load of remasters after IWD2?

Aurora? Forget about that, too complicated for them. ToEE? For just one game not that viable as a business decision.

Lionheart?
Dungeon Lords?
Gorasul- Legacy of the Dragon?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
TAB highlighting is justified for basically everything in this game, with a few exceptions where pixel hunting was a design decision, like that stash scenario. But stuff like TAB highlighting for otherwise obvious things (like which containers you can actually loot, what things give out tooltips) is a good addition, IMO, and for us who have already finished the game it is an otherwise very useful feature. I know the stash is there already, TAB highlighting just makes my playthrough easier for me.

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
TAB highlighting is justified for basically everything in this game, with a few exceptions were pixel hunting was a design decision, like that stash scenario. But stuff like TAB highlighting tfor otherwise obvious things (like which containers you can actually loot, what things give out read tooltips) is a good addition, IMO, and for us who have already finished the game it is an otherwise very useful feature. I know the stash is there already, TAB highlighting just makes my playthrough easier for me.

They actually added the 'use' symbol from BG2. In the original you had a question mark both for short descriptions and interactive objects, now the differ. Cool for the corpses in the catacombs etc.

Gris' stash is the obvious counterpoint, but the game already recognized the possibility of finding it before getting the quest. It's really not a big deal.

Malpercio

Arcane
Where the heck are the AI options? I'm trying to set Morte to auto-attack. I have "Toogle AI" On, but it doesn't do anything.

Were there even AI options in Torment? Or am I getting confused with BG?

Edit: Sorry for the bad grammar, auto-correct fucked me up.

Last edited:

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Where the heck are the AI options? Trying to set Morte to auto-attack. I have AI On but he doesn't do anything.

Where there even AI options in Torment? Or am I getting confused with BG?
AI sucks donkey balls, micromanage the shit out of the fights.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Where the heck are the AI options? Trying to set Morte to auto-attack. I have AI On but he doesn't do anything.

Where there even AI options in Torment? Or am I getting confused with BG?
Torment never had them.
A true EE would have reworked combat and spell animations. No sane person would defend the awful and slow spell animations of PST, especially those high level ones. Write new ones or import stuff from BG. Then they *could* have used their *new* engine to support AI scripting. Yea, not happening. So you get a useful quickloot, some minor UI and gfx improvements and compatibility with win 7+, I guess. For 20 bucks.

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
It wasn't a great idea to release the game same day as Bayonetta and Yooka laylee, but this is the kind of game that is released thinking on the long tail/term. They are good and IWD2 will see the light 100% sure, just give them 1/2 years.

Also, that's steam, add on top of that, android, ios and gog.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7219

Where the heck are the AI options? I'm trying to set Morte to auto-attack. I have "Toogle AI" On, but he doesn't do anything.

Were there even AI options in Torment? Or am I getting confused with BG?

Edit: Sorry for the bad grammar, auto-correct fucked me up.

Toggle.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Set auto pause on "Target Lost". Then just gang up on each individual enemy. That's it. Combat is Torment's biggest weakness. Thankfully Torment's writing more than makes up for it, unlike the new Torment, which is on par with Dragon Age 3, but worse than Final Fantasy 13.

Ovg

Cipher
I can say that all it does nicely is, as before with beamdog shit, the zoom feature. The rest of it is minor and insignificant patches, mostly community made and a shell for further, uninspired modding (Ha ha).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom