Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

on my laptop I can't see shit with the biggest font because you can't switch the resolution. With vanilla and mod I could make the text much bigger.

Self-Ejected

Repulsive

Self-Ejected
Patron
kKXkaXk.jpg

jaydee2k

Savant
I bet the new uprezed nameless one sprites are actual scans of Avellones body after not showering for months during his freelancing.
Thanks for your contribution Chris.
:excellent:

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Does ANYONE know if there's a way to replace the in-game portraits for the Stat screens, for example? Or extract the files from the game so I can replace them. I would love to try my hand at making these look better.

Sherry

Arcane
Does ANYONE know if there's a way to replace the in-game portraits for the Stat screens, for example? Or extract the files from the game so I can replace them. I would love to try my hand at making these look better.

Hi.

I just used google for you and clicked a link that took me to another site that had this http://tchosgames.blogspot.ca/2011/04/planescape-torment-portrait-mod.html is that what you mean? I do not know how to make them but I do use a portrait package for my BG series and it was pretty easy to put the files in a directory and the game found them and that was it. Maybe when I get the game I will know more but if it is like the BG series engine and it looks like it then it probably is very similar on how to do it.

Thanks,
Sherry

Sigourn

uooh afficionado

Hi.

I just used google for you and clicked a link that took me to another site that had this http://tchosgames.blogspot.ca/2011/04/planescape-torment-portrait-mod.html is that what you mean? I do not know how to make them but I do use a portrait package for my BG series and it was pretty easy to put the files in a directory and the game found them and that was it. Maybe when I get the game I will know more but if it is like the BG series engine and it looks like it then it probably is very similar on how to do it.

Thanks,
Sherry

Thank you Sherry! But it's not exactly what I'm looking for, as that is for the original game. I want something like that, but for the Enhanced Edition. Hopefully people will begin modding the game soon.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Some people can't be helped, not even with a quest compass, let alone a TAB key that shows you everything that you can interact with.

But I'm sure some crafty developers will find a solution to allow even the below-average gamer to play every game and everyone all over the world will be happy because finally everyone can do everything!

Last edited:

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is there a way to make the dialogue box bigger? It's ridiculously small for no discernible reason. Why is it so small? I don't see why it should cover only little over one third of the screen's width.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
For a second I was tempted to forget how much I despise beamdog and buy this thing, but they lost me the moment I read you can't set a custom resolution to play with. Haha what the fuck. Now I see people are complaining about the small dialogue box and fonts, another thing that was better resolved in Ghostdogs UI mod.
The only thing I'm really missing from the modded PS:T is the redrawn interface. I realize Ghostdog could only do that much without access to the source code, but the modded menus are just so small.

pippin

For a second I was tempted to forget how much I despise beamdog and buy this thing, but they lost me the moment I read you can't set a custom resolution to play with. Haha what the fuck. Now I see people are complaining about the small dialogue box and fonts, another thing that was better resolved in Ghostdogs UI mod.
The only thing I'm really missing from the modded PS:T is the redrawn interface. I realize Ghostdog could only do that much without access to the source code, but the modded menus are just so small.

But you have the zoom in and out """""""feature""""""":M

Deleted Member 16721

But I'm sure some crafty developers will find a solution to allow even the below-average gamer to play every game and everyone all over the world because finally everyone can do everything!

I hope so. I am trying to help them in that area if I can. :)

I'm 40+ hours deep in the EE and enjoying it a lot so far. I have a few gripes. The biggest being the size of the descriptive text (the '?' items.) It's a bit too small right now. I'm playing on a 55" screen @4K res, and while the text is readable, it is still smaller than the dialogue and other text in the game. The font size slider doesn't seem to affect the descriptive text, unfortunately. Lee from Beamdog said perhaps he will try to get the feature added. Would be a good one, IMO.

Otherwise, the game plays great. Can't say I've had a bug yet. Other than my Steam Controller being a bit wonky at times with buttons not triggering when pressed, but that may have something to do with the hardware of my particular controller. I've played all that time with just the controller as well. I know you will all love that so please rate this post as Incline at your leisure. Good day. :)

Sherry

Arcane
Thank you Sherry! But it's not exactly what I'm looking for, as that is for the original game. I want something like that, but for the Enhanced Edition. Hopefully people will begin modding the game soon.

Hi.

ummm can you not just put whatever image files from that package to a portrait or override folder like a lot of the other portrait packs for BG series and have the game pick it up? a lot of portrait packs for BG series have worked like that in enhanced editions even if it was still an old installer you could just grab all the image files and install it manually that way to enhanced edition directory.

Thanks
Sherry

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Hi.

ummm can you not just put whatever image files from that package to a portrait or override folder like a lot of the other portrait packs for BG series and have the game pick it up? a lot of portrait packs for BG series have worked like that in enhanced editions even if it was still an old installer you could just grab all the image files and install it manually that way to enhanced edition directory.

Thanks
Sherry

gosh! I don't know >.< I would need to give it a try Sherry! <3

Thanks
Lucas

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Hi.

Thanks
Sherry

gosh! I don't know >.< I would need to give it a try Sherry! <3

Thanks
Lucas

Most of the EE games do allow portrait customization--although I believe the override folder location changes (and the portrait image sizes might too)--so I would assume PST:EE does as well.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Most of the EE games do allow portrait customization--although I believe the override folder location changes (and the portrait image sizes might too)--so I would assume PST:EE does as well.

Thing is PS:T uses animated portraits. I'm not sure how that would work out.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Is there a way to make the dialogue box bigger?
Switch to original version and run under Exagear. Great anti-beamdog tool, veteran of Heroes3HD scam on android territory, don't know why Goral still not aware of it. So far PST:EE is not moddable.

If you're on iOS, then nothing will help, you're screwed, sorry.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/04/highlights-from-planescape-torment.html

Highlights from the Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack

Can music change the nature of a man?

Planescape: Torment is a cult classic for many, many reasons. The bizarre city of Sigil is a joy to explore and you’ll encounter some of the oddest characters ever found in the Dungeons & Dragons universe, engaging in conversations with demons, devas, and everything in between. Throughout it all, the Planescape experience is buoyed by this amazing soundtrack which adds depth to the setting.

In Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition The Nameless One wakes to find himself in central hub of the universe, a place where every turn leads to something amazing and dangerous. Step through portals if you dare. Will it lead to a mechanized plane or to a demons' domain? Like the game, the Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack transports the listener to the very heart of Planescape. Each track leads to a new discovery and sensation.

Composed by Mark Morgan, an American score composer for video games, television and films, the music in the Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack is critically acclaimed and considered by fans among the best soundtracks for computer games.

The music of Planescape: Torment is not only substantially dark and eerie, but emotional as well. Mark Morgan combined ethnic and industrial sound to create 37 tracks fitting the unique Planescape setting. Each track tells a story about the multiverse and those who live within it, mixing wonder and horror in equal measure. The main theme alone is enough to send chills down your spine.

The Mortuary theme is full of muffled ticking undertones, with occasional scrapings and whispers to reflect on the nature of that building. In the Sigil theme, one can almost hear the dangers lurking around every corner. Fortress of Regrets is a grandiose and doleful melody which ties in perfectly with the story told in the final area of the game.

The Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack is not only about ambient environmental music, companions themes are what makes this soundtrack truly outstanding. Profoundly sad and beautiful, Deionarrra's Theme is often named the best track composed in a game. The mechanical beats in Nordom's Theme makes it fitting for this character. Although never used in-game, Morte's theme is the most humorous track and not without good reason, this floating skull's personality is conveyed in his theme perfectly. Morte’s theme underlines that, for all its dark tones, Planescape: Torment retains a lot of humour, and the game's soundtrack follows this mix.

The Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack can be purchased along with PST:EE from Beamdog, GOG, and Steam.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sacibengala

Prophet
http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/04/highlights-from-planescape-torment.html

Highlights from the Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack

Can music change the nature of a man?

Planescape: Torment is a cult classic for many, many reasons. The bizarre city of Sigil is a joy to explore and you’ll encounter some of the oddest characters ever found in the Dungeons & Dragons universe, engaging in conversations with demons, devas, and everything in between. Throughout it all, the Planescape experience is buoyed by this amazing soundtrack which adds depth to the setting.

In Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition The Nameless One wakes to find himself in central hub of the universe, a place where every turn leads to something amazing and dangerous. Step through portals if you dare. Will it lead to a mechanized plane or to a demons' domain? Like the game, the Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack transports the listener to the very heart of Planescape. Each track leads to a new discovery and sensation.

Composed by Mark Morgan, an American score composer for video games, television and films, the music in the Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack is critically acclaimed and considered by fans among the best soundtracks for computer games.

The music of Planescape: Torment is not only substantially dark and eerie, but emotional as well. Mark Morgan combined ethnic and industrial sound to create 37 tracks fitting the unique Planescape setting. Each track tells a story about the multiverse and those who live within it, mixing wonder and horror in equal measure. The main theme alone is enough to send chills down your spine.

The Mortuary theme is full of muffled ticking undertones, with occasional scrapings and whispers to reflect on the nature of that building. In the Sigil theme, one can almost hear the dangers lurking around every corner. Fortress of Regrets is a grandiose and doleful melody which ties in perfectly with the story told in the final area of the game.

The Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack is not only about ambient environmental music, companions themes are what makes this soundtrack truly outstanding. Profoundly sad and beautiful, Deionarrra's Theme is often named the best track composed in a game. The mechanical beats in Nordom's Theme makes it fitting for this character. Although never used in-game, Morte's theme is the most humorous track and not without good reason, this floating skull's personality is conveyed in his theme perfectly. Morte’s theme underlines that, for all its dark tones, Planescape: Torment retains a lot of humour, and the game's soundtrack follows this mix.

The Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack can be purchased along with PST:EE from Beamdog, GOG, and Steam.

Someone that listened to it could tell me if it worth a dime? I know that probably not, but I wish to know if at least sounds better than the original one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zer0wing

Cipher
What other engines Beamdog could go reverse engineering to produce another load of remasters after IWD2?

Aurora? Forget about that, too complicated for them. ToEE? For just one game not that viable as a business decision.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom