Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

You only have one month to live....

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
You should not kill yourself at least until Grimoire is released. It would be gay.

FUDU

Arcane
I hope you find some good games to occupy your time, and your mind.

You seem like a nice person. In this day and age, we need all the nice people we can get.

If you're really thinking of harming yourself, please seek some professional help. They really can help you.

I've starred into the Abyss before. I'm glad I was not alone.

daveyd

Savant
"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you."

But to answer the question I would play AoD, SR: Dragonfall, and a bunch of NWN 1 & 2 modules (as most are relatively short). And I'd try to squeeze in a playthrough of Expeditions: Viking which releases in a couple of weeks.

Cudgel

Learned
Patron
23265.jpg

really not helping with the stereotypes here.
I am not trans. I just really like technobabylon.

Lostpleb

Learned
I'd make an extensive list of every game that was released by Sir-Tech, then I'd let a random number generator pick one game for me to play.

naossano

Cipher
If i had one month to live, i probably wouldn't start a new rpg.
And if i did, i probably wouldn't be able to finish it. It became increasingly longer for me to finish a game.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Cudgel You are in an altered mental state, and have been in it for years, so it became a comfortable baseline for you and you forgot what normal feels like. You need to seek immediate help. Doesn't Canada have free healthcare or someshit? Go do that.

Cudgel Doesn't Canada have free healthcare or someshit? Go do that.

Mental heath services are not covered :negative:

Cudgel I should also mention that if you ever feel like you are going to hurt yourself or someone else, no matter how justified it seems at the time, you should go to (or call) the nearest hospital and check into the psych wing. I think they give you access to a psychiatrist and unlike the US you are allowed to leave at any time (I am not sure about either of these, but regardless staying at a ward for a few days is a better alternative to hurting yourself).

Self-Ejected

Repulsive

Self-Ejected
Patron
I felt the same way not so long ago man, best advice I can give you (after you seek professional help, which really does help) and is what helped me is to do shit you enjoy besides for playing games, started making my own game not so long ago and mentally I haven't been in a better place for as long as I can remember. Its amazing how doing something creative can take your mind off negative emotions. If I was in the same boat I was in a year or so ago where I just woke up, smoked weed, drank beer and played games the whole day I'd probably have offed myself by now.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Cudgel , get diagnosed and probably medicated. If you don't there is a very good chance you will end up incarcerated, forcibly admitted, dead or, even worse, completely insane.

Had a friend of mine going down that slope, it's hard to explain the ?8? year process, I'll try and give you the short version:

-Our group had been friends for years, 2 of them and "Mr.Crazy"
:shittydog:
had been friends since early childhood.
-Mr.C started acting stranger and stranger over a period of time, just little things, peculiar things, that eventually just got plain allarming . He was fine according to him, nothing was up.
-So we eventually got together, sat him down, and pretty much forced him to spill the beans, it was obvious he wasn't fine.
-He accused us of laughing at him behind his back, plotting against him, wanting him to fail at life etc. Needless to say we were kinda shocked.
-Told his parents, (alcoholic cafe owners) took him to "mental services" didn't amount to shit, he didn't want help, was equally paranoid about said services/medication.
-He just got worse and worse, but we didn't have the heart to "evict" him from the group. He didn't get help because he couldn't be forced
Here you can only force someone into meds/psych-care after they rape a beheaded elderly person in the trachea, never mind that by then it's probably a little late...
-Eventually it got to the point "Seagulls are laughing at me - babies cry out to me - those guys around the corner are plotting against me - yesterday happened twice in a row", that sorta thing.
-At some points he'd fuck up in some public place, get hauled off, and be out again in 2 days. This guy was/is psychotic, but he's also smart, not a good combination.
-He eventually did try medication, and it actually worked. Yes it flatted him out, but it also made him, you know, not insane. (for those who haven't had the pleasure, discussing the grounds of his insanity with said person ends up feeling like banging your head against a wall, your brain starts to hurt and the wall simply can't give a shit)
-He got off his meds after 6 months, feeling he didn't need them anymore, and indeed it seemed like he might have gotten a grip.
-He's been in and out of "hospitals" ever since, I don't see him anymore.

Not saying that's you, but maybe try and not end up there ;)

Also, Arcanum/AoD +M

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Just to echo what others have been saying; don't worry about games right now. Go get help, get medication, and hopefully you'll be able to figure out what's real and what isn't in your life. THEN, you can have fun playing games.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Are we talking one month as a set number of days or one month as the same date on a different month, like 30 days or 10th to 10th?

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I dont play crpg games, i go outside and do heavy drugs.
This was, sincerely, my thought before I even opened the thread.

As much as I love RPG:s, if I'd only have a single month to live, I doubt I'd have much time to play them. I've played most of the ones that I'm likely to enjoy, and once you've played an RPG a couple of times, it's not the same as playing that same RPG for the first time. And these days, most new RPG:s are shit, so I'm unlikely to waste my time on the new kid on the block.

I'd spend time with my family, and do copious amounts of primarily weed and acid. Not necessarily at the same time. By the time I died, they'd have to cremate me due to environmental policies and ecological concerns.

I might also make copious amounts of bombs for unrelated reasons that none of you need to worry about.
Unless you're a politician.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Only one month to live? Ouch, we must rush the French translation of AoD :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom