Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bayonetta 1 released on PC

Suicidal

Arcane
Oh wow, that's unexpected. One of the very few console-exclusive games I actually wanted to play. Is the port good enough for :takemyjewgold: ?

flyingjohn

Arcane
Pc master race confirmed.
Not only do we get the definitive version of bayonetta but we can also play bayonetta 2 on cemu emulator.
:positive:

Quatlo

Arcane
Tl;dr port seems pretty solid, works at steady 60 fps, K + M controls work well, you can rebind everything n stuff.
I'll update more after todays night of binge-gaming.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
How good of a port is it?
Super-smooth, much better than Nier: Automata. Can be played with both keyboard and controller (a controller is obviously recommended for this kind of game) where keybinds can be changed.
No noticeable bugs, glitches or anything, but the framerate cap is locked to 60fps. Graphics options are decent enough to let average toasters play the game.

Habbonovio

Educated
Having some excruciating problems with the port.

Textures going black and then game freezing.
Usually it happens a while after a cutscene ends.

This is just an informative post, I don't expect you to solve this mess. Still, any help is welcome cause I don't want to refund.

Graphics Chipset.
AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series
CPU Type.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz

I'm playing at max settings.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Please Vanquish be next. That game needed the PC port even more, the framerate was terrible for that kind of game, but was very cool.

A woman designing a kickass, sexy female Dante. Where's Shitnita Shitkeesian now?

On point, the game really would run on a toaster. It's great. Hope to see all of Platinum's non-exclusive games ported to PC.

Lostpleb

Learned
Sarkeesian has already been there bro. It was the usual drivel.

Though to be fair, Bayonetta is definitely more eye candy than she is kickass. Even after all those years, she could still give NieR a run for her money in terms of how much degenerate internet art has been inspired by her.

Jinn

Arcane
It's from Japan, so they put it in the codex Jap hole. That's just how it is around here.

The thread will honestly probably benefit from being in the JRPG forum.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Well it seems alright so far, after I got past the prologue where I spent more time watching a movie than being allowed to play the game. Seems tricky to figure out all of these combos and remember them in the middle of playing, I'm used to being able to take my time and think things out in games.

Jinn

Arcane
I think coming to master that is suppose to be part of the fun. That's how it was in the hard modes of other Platinum games I've played. I haven't played Bayonetta, but am very much looking forward to finally being able to, on PC no less!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom