Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

You only have one month to live....

Astral Rag

Arcane
Hopefully Fallout of Nevada and/or Grimoire will be available by then...

UglyBastard

Arcane
I spent the last couple years drinking like an idiot and just losing it and yelling at people ,then I started to take anti-depressants, but I couldn't stop drinking, it was like this cycle of horror where I couldn't stop myself, like some kind of fucking puppet. One of the people I screamed at while I was drunk(never actually got into fights), got a job where I worked and started to try and drive me crazy. I wasn't sure if it was real, because of all the medication.

During this time his brother started to show up on the bus when I would be coming home from work, people started screaming shit at me on the street. The guy was looking me up on facebook, and I did the same when I saw his name pop up, thats why I knew who his brother was.
I finally slowly stopped taking it and realized the guy really was coming up behind me and muttering stuff like "Kill, die. and shit." I confronted him about it a few times and he would just smirk and say he wasn't doing anything.

I did not take it well, I quit work, and just sat around for a few months fuming, talking about how I couldn't let him get away with it, shit that I said in my own home. I got really scared and in the middle of the night went to jump off my balcony and some how my roommate stopped me (no idea how he woke up). Four cops showed up and I told them what I thought was happening (that this guy might be a gang member or something) and they told me "I don't think you want to be saying that " and "Aren't you supposed to be leaving town?"
They kept me for three days and just let me go, I wanted to stay. I haven't drank since that night (about 2 months or so). I can't leave at the moment, hence the 30 days, but I don't think they are really going to let me leave.

So I am kinda fucked, I am either crazy (but PTSD shouldn't be doing shit like this, I know the difference between when I am disassociated and when I am not) and/or I am a dumbfuck.

I started to think my phone was bugged or something so I downloaded an app and everytime I talk on skype the fucking thing goes off and logs it about 2 or 3 minutes in, but who the fuck am I supposed to go to?

So yeah I am going to play some really good video games and go out to whatever happens. I try not to go out because my apartment seems to being watched.

Either way this is it.

You should consider visiting your psychiatrist, you might be showing signs of psychosis. Maybe he is also into CRPG and has some good recommendations as well, you never know.

FUDU

Arcane
Is there a game where you can snort coke off a hookers ass?

That's the game I'd want to play till I died.

Darkzone

Arcane
Play in this order: Wasteland 1, Ultima IV, Ultima V, Ultima VI, Fallout I, Fallout II, BGI and BGII. And if you are still alive then AOD.

Delbaeth

Learned
You like Sengoku Jidai?
You like wargames?
You like being an asshole?
You are megalomaniac?
You want to spend time with ladies?

But, instead, you want to play video games?!

Only one answer.
Sengoku Rance.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
I spent the last couple years drinking like an idiot and just losing it and yelling at people ,then I started to take anti-depressants, but I couldn't stop drinking, it was like this cycle of horror where I couldn't stop myself, like some kind of fucking puppet. One of the people I screamed at while I was drunk(never actually got into fights), got a job where I worked and started to try and drive me crazy. I wasn't sure if it was real, because of all the medication.

During this time his brother started to show up on the bus when I would be coming home from work, people started screaming shit at me on the street. The guy was looking me up on facebook, and I did the same when I saw his name pop up, thats why I knew who his brother was.
I finally slowly stopped taking it and realized the guy really was coming up behind me and muttering stuff like "Kill, die. and shit." I confronted him about it a few times and he would just smirk and say he wasn't doing anything.

I did not take it well, I quit work, and just sat around for a few months fuming, talking about how I couldn't let him get away with it, shit that I said in my own home. I got really scared and in the middle of the night went to jump off my balcony and some how my roommate stopped me (no idea how he woke up). Four cops showed up and I told them what I thought was happening (that this guy might be a gang member or something) and they told me "I don't think you want to be saying that " and "Aren't you supposed to be leaving town?"
They kept me for three days and just let me go, I wanted to stay. I haven't drank since that night (about 2 months or so). I can't leave at the moment, hence the 30 days, but I don't think they are really going to let me leave.

So I am kinda fucked, I am either crazy (but PTSD shouldn't be doing shit like this, I know the difference between when I am disassociated and when I am not) and/or I am a dumbfuck.

I started to think my phone was bugged or something so I downloaded an app and everytime I talk on skype the fucking thing goes off and logs it about 2 or 3 minutes in, but who the fuck am I supposed to go to?

So yeah I am going to play some really good video games and go out to whatever happens. I try not to go out because my apartment seems to being watched.

Either way this is it.

Cudgel

Learned
Patron
The games will keep distracted, otherwise I will sit around and go over ever little thing.....looks like BG, AoD, and Elminage Gothic are solid. Should keep me busy.

Thanks.

I will try to take the advice about talking to a pro as well.

Doktor Best

Arcane
I just recently helped a buddy of mine through some dark times and encouraged him to seek professional help. It takes courage to do the first step, but you will get better. He already recovered alot in a few weeks.

If you kill yourself on the other hand, you're done. Game over.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I'd reach out to Taleworlds and ask if they would grant a dying man's final wish and let me have the latest build of Mount & Blade: Bannerlord.

Then just before I go I'd put that shit up on the Pirate Bay, to teach the devs to finish their games in a timely matter!

The games will keep distracted, otherwise I will sit around and go over ever little thing.....looks like BG, AoD, and Elminage Gothic are solid. Should keep me busy.

Thanks.

Everybody's spied on nowadays, don't give a shit about the alarm, for you know, the government agencies who spy on us don't give a damn about our average lives, and are much more busy eating pizza.

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Either way this is it.

How old are you? Please, get help and go talk to someone (in real life). You may be suffering from persecutory delusions.

Please do that before doing anything drastic. Wait times for psychiatrists are very long in my experience but those are the people you ultimately want to see for meds/diagnosis. In the meantime seeing a psychotherapist will probably be easier in terms of time and money. I suggest you look for medical doctors with PHDs or similarly high-qualified people, my personal experience is that "regular" therapists and counselors with merely a bacheror's degree in psych are more suited to helping healthy people deal with stress and may not be equipped to handle more serious mental health issues.

And in the meantime AoD sounds like a great game for you, replayable and addictive.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom