Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
The soundtrack's going to be great.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Also the video is pretty choppy for me, especially in the beginning... Not the best way to show stuff I guess

Jinn

Arcane
Holy shit I'm loving how the battle system is coming along! Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Also, Joe said why it was choppy. These guys don't have the systems to run recording software while running the game, which is horrible to think about. Whalenought deserves so much better. I hope Copper Dreams brings some of that well-deserved business their way.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I love the garbled text if you're illiterate or too low of Logic, but maybe come up with some random text strings made of nonsensical scribbles or something. Unicode symbols just look kinda off to me.

garren

Arcane
Patron
Hopefully those disadvantages come with humorous descriptions.

Ugly: "No beating around the bush, your face beared the brunt of an ugly stick. Lose x."

Racist: "Your racial awareness makes interaction with different races a bit less.. friendly-dispositioned."

Temper: "World's full of assholes, and you don't have patience for bullshit. Lose x."

Fat: "Your wide girth ain't making you any faster, quite the opposite in fact."

Sexist: "Gender stereotypes are real, and you won't take shit from the other half. Opposite gender interaction affected negatively"

Edit: came up with some better ones.

Last edited:

Diggfinger

Arcane
I initially hesitated but...turn-based, cyberpunk AND horror?? FUck, that sounds awesome. Horror in RPGs badly needed - only Bloodlines really scared the shit out of me.
The game in general looks very polished. Was initially confused with all the new elements (combat, graphics etc.).

Whalenought_Joe is released still planned/possible for this year? I noticed the Kickstarter originally mentioned March 2017 as possible date...(obviously no longer relevant)

Btw. did you look to Hard Boiled comics for inspiration? High level of violence and cool futuristic world:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hard-Boiled-Frank-Miller/dp/1878574582
61tB1lV3sZL._SX367_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

- Digg

Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Codex should get a fundraiser for a powerful computer to be donated to Whalenought Studios.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, could at least buy them a old Nvidia card with shadowplay compatibility so they can record in no fps loss.

dunno lah

Arcane
I initially hesitated but...turn-based, cyberpunk AND horror?? FUck, that sounds awesome. Horror in RPGs badly needed - only Bloodlines really scared the shit out of me.
The game in general looks very polished. Was initially confused with all the new elements (combat, graphics etc.).

Whalenought_Joe is released still planned/possible for this year? I noticed the Kickstarter originally mentioned March 2017 as possible date...(obviously no longer relevant)

Btw. did you look to Hard Boiled comics for inspiration? High level of violence and cool futuristic world:

- Digg

So thats where the 10mm Pistol design came from

Diggfinger

Arcane

- Digg

So thats where the 10mm Pistol design came from

latest

grimace

Arcane
I love the garbled text if you're illiterate or too low of Logic, but maybe come up with some random text strings made of nonsensical scribbles or something. Unicode symbols just look kinda off to me.

maxresdefault.jpg

Wingdings!

I like this place holder.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So this is their (bad) attempt at defending the save system they talked about in the update:
Hey guys, thanks for the feedback!

Some notes comments on save system: This is probably worth going into more detail with another update, but we wanted to strive to make the gameplay have actual consequence. The machine gun saving system encourages a carefree gameplay that lets you just redo challenges to get a desired result, so while you can try new things there’s no consequence to failure, it’s just a meta-game. We want setting off a trap not just be a reason for reload, but a permanent result for lack of spot-checking. So while we’re trying to design more of a p&p style game, we didn't want you to have to roll new characters or redo content on death so you can progress throughout it. That’s going to end up with something super gamey, but making it fun is what was important.

Dying then is sort of similar to something like Diablo. Time passes as you wake up (which changes time-of-day events), and you keep the wounds that took you down so you’d maybe want to patch up before progressing. Because a nerve gas agent exploding in your face probably wouldn’t result in your character just waking up in the sewers with a headache, we’re not trying to overthink the simulationist aspects to it and overall let it be gamey to hopefully result in more p&p like dungeon crawling gameplay.

The alpha will include this, and we’re open to more ideas to develop the best roleplaying gameplay systems we can with you guys.
I am for one not satisfied with this. If a game breaks immersion this badly it affects my enjoyment a lot.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
So this is their (bad) attempt at defending the save system they talked about in the update:
Hey guys, thanks for the feedback!

Some notes comments on save system: This is probably worth going into more detail with another update, but we wanted to strive to make the gameplay have actual consequence. The machine gun saving system encourages a carefree gameplay that lets you just redo challenges to get a desired result, so while you can try new things there’s no consequence to failure, it’s just a meta-game. We want setting off a trap not just be a reason for reload, but a permanent result for lack of spot-checking. So while we’re trying to design more of a p&p style game, we didn't want you to have to roll new characters or redo content on death so you can progress throughout it. That’s going to end up with something super gamey, but making it fun is what was important.

Dying then is sort of similar to something like Diablo. Time passes as you wake up (which changes time-of-day events), and you keep the wounds that took you down so you’d maybe want to patch up before progressing. Because a nerve gas agent exploding in your face probably wouldn’t result in your character just waking up in the sewers with a headache, we’re not trying to overthink the simulationist aspects to it and overall let it be gamey to hopefully result in more p&p like dungeon crawling gameplay.

The alpha will include this, and we’re open to more ideas to develop the best roleplaying gameplay systems we can with you guys.
I am for one not satisfied with this. If a game breaks immersion this badly it affects my enjoyment a lot.
So it's now "save & exit" kind of game where mistakes you made will carry over.
Fuck, as a rogue like fan I kinda like the sound of that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom