Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Ok, so who of you wrote this?

Man, part of me really envies these Beamdog hacks! Must be GREAT to feel yourself competent/talented enough to actually add ANYTHING of worth to a game like PS:T! Wish I was capable of deluding myself to such extremes. At least Avellone, who have to put food on the table since he is freelance, did all the heavy lifting so he didn't allow any fan fiction tier degeneracy to mar the narrative of this timeless gem. But looking at that UI that Beamdog programmed with their feet I can tell that they have not lost thei magic touch from Siege of Dragonspear.

So this "Enhanced Edition" amount to a shameless cash grab to finance the next big project that the masterminds at Beamdog will gratify us in their effort to eradicate the toxic patriarchy. Offered at double the price of the original masterpiece, this low effort is a worthless addition from a parasite company.

:trigglypuff:

Deleted Member 16721

What other games have quest design like that? Want to play a classic RPG but played BG2 to death.

Good question, I'd be interested in an answer to that as well. I don't think there are a ton of RPGs like that.

Deleted Member 16721

For me the only steam friend who has it is Fluent, who already has 35 hours on it, really impressive considering it released today :)

You didn't know I could time travel? I put this ad in the paper years ago.

timetravel.jpg

:)

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Only positive review on that account is for DivOS2 and not AoD so it can't be Goral.
Edit: or maybe it's a red herring

Last edited:

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Played it a bit. As log I played, I did not perceive any changes to the game's content. I know, Beamdog said it over and over again. But I have to confirm it in person. Overall, just visual improvements and minor gameplay changes. Ideal for a couple of bucks in random steam/gog sales. Nothing more.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Last edited by a moderator:

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
My GOG mix is now the 2nd highest list next to P:T EE, thanks guys. I laughed my ass off when someone created "Beamdog is not a parasite" list because a name like this makes them look even more parasitic :D. And Beamdog employees have already started to ask for positive reviews: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussi...nt-enhanced-edition-some-love-on-gog-gogmixes

I guess old habits die hard: http://www.gameskinny.com/4x7i7/bea...ate-expansion-amid-social-justice-controversy

g0QQl1w.png

The actual parasite.
1200px-Wizards_of_the_Coast_logo.svg.png

We can't show for legal reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheWorld

Educated
LOL a developer asking for positive reviews? What the hell is wrong with this people. The good thing about this ee is that it really made me remember how great is this game and made want to replay it. But... paying 20 euros to these guys for a couple of mods? Meh. If it goes to 75% discount maybe...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom