Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is inXile better than Fagsidian? Do they make better games? Is WL2 less brain damaging than PoE?

Chris Avelltwo

Scholar
Plays on easy mode.

Complains that the combat isn't challenging.

Codex gonna Codex I guess.

Like I said, this guy is an alt account of Colin McCuck. His avatar even resembles McCuck with the bald head and goatee. No one in their right mind would ever shill for InXile unless they were being paid to do it, and since InXile doesn't have the money to pay for shills that can only mean that luj1 is none other than Colin himself.

Just look at all the butthurt in his comments like this one:

PoE is for mainstream cuckolds who take refuge in its "gorgous isometric graphics"

This sounds like something McCuck would say to divert criticism away from his shitty Numenera game that bombed terribly. That's why he's talking shit about POE because he wants everyone to bash that game instead. He's psychological projecting as a means to cope with his own butthurt. He's jealous of Josh Sawyer and how much more popular his game is than Numenera.

luj1 is not just some normal random poster... he is Colin McComb incognito.

16353.jpg

BXq88FI2.jpg

66603997.jpg

DeepOcean

Arcane
Well, PoE with the expansions and the patchs is kinda playable but, of course, Obsidian had to burn my hopes with Tyranny but hey... a so so game and a really crappy one is better than what InXile produced... I guess? I would say InXile is the wizard of Oz and Obsidian is the Wicked Witch of the West. One promise to deliver a powerful mage but it is an small silly man behind a curtain, while Obsidian has real talent on magic but is kinda weird on the head and has some strange twisted ways and, as all smelly SJW witches, dissolve on a political correct soup as soon anyone throws water at it.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Man I wish you were right. Watching developers go full retard and watching their overblown egon blow up is always fun.

Self-Ejected

vivec

Self-Ejected
Honestly, all I expect from Obsidian is a good story told well. But now I believe that this needs Ziets or Avellone in lead. I don't have any expectations of InEXile as such. Was never a big fan of the RPG revival thing. I still expected them to sort of get TB mechanics right, in which they disappointed me. I though with Colin Mccomb onboard they might pull off some really good notrealllyD&D TM stuff, but they failed where they were supposed to be good. I believe that both PoE and W2 are okay games, I guess. They get too much undeserved hate, which btw, is kind of understandable considering what was expected of them (revival!!). I think we can afford them some scurry time and give them a bit more of a chance as they don't seem to be completely off the rocker yet. Even when the latest games from each are not the best ever, there is an *iota* of hope in them. It bears watching where they go with this.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
You must not have played many games then, it could have been way worse.

Like "Fire Sword of Atacking Very Fast +3" worse.

But I like the big numbers!

POE doesn't have the big numbers; most weapons have the same numbers as the starting weapons!

Give me the big numbers!

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
A choose-your-own-adventure novel? I liked Age of Decadence, but its gameplay is so fleeting that there's no reason for it to be a computer game. It had me heading to Project Aon to sift through Lone Wolf gamebooks.

Retadred meme; If a CYOA is all you got from AoD then that's on you, not the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom